Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2013, 03:50 PM
Senior User

emay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjh View Post
bet not one of them will ever haul a load again ....
Hopefully you mean this only because they are afraid to scuff things up. Bagged vehicles are a dream to haul and tow with.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Elder User

Gicknordon has a very good reputation on FTE.Gicknordon has a very good reputation on FTE.Gicknordon has a very good reputation on FTE.
gicknordon
Theyre all photoshopped. The guy that posted them on the hamb said that he photoshopped them all slammed and big rims.
1948 F-1 project 429 big block
Build thread for 48 http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...9-ford-f1.html
Photobucket album for 48 http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/...don/49%20ford/
Old 06-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Post Fiend

56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
I've seen pics of a panel that was converted to a pickup and done quite well. I was wondering if this is another one and the photoshopped one is the panel?
Old 06-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Elder User

keith56_cruz_cab has a good reputation on FTE.keith56_cruz_cab has a good reputation on FTE.
So a guy spends hundreds of hours building a truck......
and all he gets for it is... it's not my style....it's probably fake photoshoped
am I in the right forum?
Old 06-14-2013, 12:13 AM
Posting Guru

kenjh has a good reputation on FTE.kenjh has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emay View Post
Hopefully you mean this only because they are afraid to scuff things up. Bagged vehicles are a dream to haul and tow with.
yah the paint and chrome ...I would crap myself knowing what that cost ..and have nightmares if it ever got damaged ...but ..a "bagged truck "isn't the air bags more show then work ..it's not on the same level as a Kenworth with air bags ....
Old 06-14-2013, 08:00 AM
Postmaster

jim collins has a good reputation on FTE.jim collins has a good reputation on FTE.jim collins has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith56_cruz_cab View Post
So a guy spends hundreds of hours building a truck......
and all he gets for it is... it's not my style....it's probably fake photoshoped
am I in the right forum?
I don't believe that many hours were spent photoshoping the peach and white one. Yeah you are on the right forum that catches those kind of fakes . Oh and not my style.

35 chevy street rod 200 4/R , 350 crate engine.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:08 AM
Post Fiend

56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
The fact that there was some photoshopping going on the truck in my opinion is beautiful. I believe it was a panel that was converted to a pickup and was photoshopped back to a shortened panel. Whoever did the photoshopping did a good job too. By the way I sent you some reps. Don't get discouraged by some of the remarks made. There are some who can afford to build beauties like that and don't or do drive them and there are many who scrape enough pennies to build a beater. Either way it's still a great hobby just more affordable to some.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:02 AM
Senior User

emay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjh View Post
yah the paint and chrome ...I would crap myself knowing what that cost ..and have nightmares if it ever got damaged ...but ..a "bagged truck "isn't the air bags more show then work ..it's not on the same level as a Kenworth with air bags ....
Oh no, they have come a long way beyond the looks mentality. While aesthetics is the main driver in mainstream builds, the components are extremely stout and the technology has advanced into static suspension reliability and strength. We aren't talking requirements like a Kenworth needs for these relics of ours, but you can get into heavy duty tow weights now - 8k-10k is not abnormal. Additionally air cars are making a name for themselves performance wise in auto cross as of the last few years.

The annoyances are there mainly in poor installs. Things like leak down, line failure due to bad routing, etc. All can be avoided with attention to detail. Reliability issues and strength are a thing of the past. I've got a burban I been tugging with for 4 years on a kelderman accu air system. Not a single issue. The 53 even came home behind it.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Senior User

Capt'n Phillips has a great reputation on FTE.Capt'n Phillips has a great reputation on FTE.Capt'n Phillips has a great reputation on FTE.Capt'n Phillips has a great reputation on FTE.Capt'n Phillips has a great reputation on FTE.
Larry Phillips (Capt'n Phillips) Capt. Phillips
I gotta admit....I'm a fan! Irregardless of the photo shopping (nice job BTW) it demonstrates innovative concepts and current trends in the auto custom market. I've been in the motorcycle custom culture as a builder for decades and find myself wondering what the next flavor of the day might be. Although I might not personally agree with that flavor, no matter what it is, I do welcome others idea's and concepts to make our world a more diverse place.
My 2 cents worth for what it's worth.

Capt'n

Old 06-14-2013, 10:49 PM
Elder User

Gicknordon has a very good reputation on FTE.Gicknordon has a very good reputation on FTE.Gicknordon has a very good reputation on FTE.
gicknordon
Wasnt there a guy on here a few months ago thinking of doing a panel converted to a pickup similar to that?
1948 F-1 project 429 big block
Build thread for 48 http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...9-ford-f1.html
Photobucket album for 48 http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/...don/49%20ford/
Old 06-14-2013, 10:57 PM
Elder User

FP has a good reputation on FTE.FP has a good reputation on FTE.FP has a good reputation on FTE.
Fernando P Martinez
As long as this thread is about show pictures, I'd like share this pic of a COE from a show I attended today in Downers Grove, IL.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 06-15-2013, 01:57 AM
Senior User

Normalbloke is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthebridgejim View Post
Personaly I don't think I would ever go with air bags, however it would get very boreing if everybody had the same taste as I do. That said, I can appreceiate any truck that is done well. Thank you for sharing the pics.
Exactly that!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:00 AM
Posting Guru

topmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56panelford View Post
There are some who can afford to build beauties like that and don't or do drive them and there are many who scrape enough pennies to build a beater. Either way it's still a great hobby just more affordable to some.
Well said!
Old 06-15-2013, 08:02 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FP View Post
As long as this thread is about show pictures, I'd like share this pic of a COE from a show I attended today in Downers Grove, IL.

Click the image to open in full size.
That would attract a lot of attention driving around town, very well done and a real beauty. That woman bent over and looking at it tells all,lol
Old 06-15-2013, 08:50 AM
Postmaster

Harrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56panelford View Post
That would attract a lot of attention driving around town, very well done and a real beauty. That woman bent over and looking at it tells all,lol
Yep, that's a real head turner.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:50 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks