1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Ebay Buyers Beware

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 01:30 PM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
Ebay Buyers Beware

Seller bbl3775This listed a grille item number 330932438159 I won the auction and paid for item. The seller bbl3775 sent me a thank you note. The following email he wanted to charge me more for shipping. Turns out the seller bbl3775 wanted more money for the grille. He's hoping to get what his "Buy it Now" price was. Because he did not get that he decided to not sell me the grille. (Keep in mind I paid for it already) The seller said He can't work with a buyer who is unreasonable. I didn't list the item, I didn't put the shipping charge on it. All I did was won the auction then Paid for the item including his shipping quote.
Buyers beware of sellers like this. You will get burnt or your item will look like a pretzel when you receive it.
Do not buy from this seller. I do have the emails between this seller and myself if anyone is interested.
Do not buy from him.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:22 PM
MavSprint
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a similar experience with a seller who didn't want to let some headers go for my winning bid. But, he was sneakier. He kept promising to ship the headers but just wouldn't do it. ebay/paypal will refund your money. Be sure to leave him appropriate feedback. Just list the facts, that's all you need to say. Then it will be clear who is "unreasonable".

Old 06-10-2013, 02:32 PM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by MavSprint
I had a similar experience with a seller who didn't want to let some headers go for my winning bid. But, he was sneakier. He kept promising to ship the headers but just wouldn't do it. ebay/paypal will refund your money. Be sure to leave him appropriate feedback. Just list the facts, that's all you need to say. Then it will be clear who is "unreasonable".
Yeah, unfortunately this isn't the first time I've bought from others who think they should've gotten more money but they listed it wrong, or so they say.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:50 PM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by gangstakr
Yeah, unfortunately this isn't the first time I've bought from others who think they should've gotten more money but they listed it wrong, or so they say.
Robert, Are ye saying that you are hard headed?

John

Old 06-10-2013, 04:13 PM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by jowilker
Robert, Are ye saying that you are hard headed?

John
Don't know bout all dat.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:51 PM
MIKES 68 F100
Logistics Pro
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
lol , look at his feed back you just knocked it down big time

Old 06-10-2013, 08:31 PM
blampe1
New User
Well, I'm bbl3775, and there are always two sides to a story, but I don't want to wast too much more time with this issue. I could care less about making money off the grill or ebay feedback. I like to get nice old parts out to Ford guys who appreciate them. In this case there is a right way to interact with people, and a wrong way. I guess I just don't have the patience for putting up with people's crap. I haven't sold a lot on ebay, and no longer will. I like craigslist because you deal with people face to face and for the most part, people don't seem quite so bold and willing to talk ****. For what its worth, the grill is still for sell, and if anyone wants it, come get it. Lets say $60. Hell, I'll take $40 and some beer. And if you are still interested gangstakr, your price is still $200 and the actual shipping price from UPS, not a penny more (and some beer).

Old 06-10-2013, 08:48 PM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by blampe1
Well, I'm bbl3775, and there are always two sides to a story, but I don't want to wast too much more time with this issue. I could care less about making money off the grill or ebay feedback. I like to get nice old parts out to Ford guys who appreciate them. In this case there is a right way to interact with people, and a wrong way. I guess I just don't have the patience for putting up with people's crap. I haven't sold a lot on ebay, and no longer will. I like craigslist because you deal with people face to face and for the most part, people don't seem quite so bold and willing to talk ****. For what its worth, the grill is still for sell, and if anyone wants it, come get it. Lets say $60. Hell, I'll take $40 and some beer. And if you are still interested gangstakr, your price is still $200 and the actual shipping price from UPS, not a penny more (and some beer).
It's comments like that, that validate my story. I don't need your grille, nor your parts. If you want to sell parts that's fine, if you put a shipping price on something follow through with it. If you don't know what your doing on ebay learn first. If asking people to tell you how to package and ship an item got you all upset, then I think your in the wrong business. I ship grilles all the time, but it's in your possession not mine. You need to figure it out before listing it on ebay. Or do like you say and stick to craigslist and beer.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:20 AM
crazed87bronco
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by blampe1
Blampe1 I just wanna know where gangstakr was in the wrong? You listed it on eBay they do have a reserve price option so you don't need to sell under that set price he bid and paid what was listed for final price and shipping was. Are we missing a part of the story or something here? Hope y'all work things out

Old 06-11-2013, 09:29 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm keeping an eye on this thread...let's keep it civil. And don't turn this into a for sale ad, that what we have the classifieds for.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Buzz44
Posting Guru
Hi TigerDan it sounds like 2 guys trying to work out a difference of opinion with 2 sides being aired. Only problem is after reading this I only seem to being hearing one side of the story and that Roberts. What did he do or not do to cause you not to ship a part he won the bid on. I dont normaly get involved in stuff like this. Blampe1 if you listed it one way then you need to follow thru. If you made a mistake sometimes in the school of hard knocks the education comes at a price. Thats your tuition. Ive bought may parts off of ebay and never had a problem everyone I ve delt with does what they say they will. Never had anyone change the amount of the winning bid or ask for more money to cover the buy it now price to make up the difference for what they were hoping to get. If you want a certain price for something the term to use is the price is FIRM. Stops all negotiation lets the buyer know this is what you want to get.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:44 PM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
If I was the seller I would have ate the cost of shipping, keeping my good name clean. You might be thinking "Easy for him to be saying that now" However, I wear the shoes of the seller 90% of the time I'm on ebay. My name and reputation are worth far more than a few dollars. I've watched sellers inflate the shipping fees so high in order to keep ebay from getting there money. I have, as well as others offer free shipping just to make a quick sale. Bottom line, I don't know how others sell nor do I know how they package, I can only speak for myself, when it comes to packaging, your item will arrive safely regardless of the cost. as for this thread,
At this point, this thread should be closed. I can post emails that we exchanged, what good would that do. I got my warning out and blampe1 responded. While the whole story is not out, bottom line is we could not see eye to eye.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:06 PM
DutchB100
Senior User
blampe1 says there's two sides to every story, but he never offers his.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:46 PM
f100today
Posting Guru
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
He doesn't like Gangstakr any more! He will damn near give that grill away but Gangstakr has to pay the price on the auction that he won under the TERMS OF THE SELLER. Not sure what the seller doesn't understand about that? Oh well?

Old 06-11-2013, 10:11 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thread closed at OP's request.