Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:ncheavymetal

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2013, 10:49 AM
NC Chapter Czar

ncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to all
Summer 2013 General BS Thread

Spring has (almost) sprung. Fall has fell. Summer's (almost here) and it's hotter then, well it aint so hot yet but it's getting warmer.

That don't particularly rhyme does it? Might as well kick off the summer chat thread a week or so early.

Swim team is in full swing. Two more days of school for the wife and kids. About to wrap up the regular season in softball and make a run in the tournament. Lots of other normal stuff going on. The new pit bull is settling right in to our schedule. She's been a great addition to the family unit.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 06-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Post Fiend

CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Afternoon James!!

-THe Great
SLACKMASTER /AVID WINTER ENTHUSIAST #777
2005 "THE DIESEL" Ebony Black Excursion 6.0 183k miles STUDDED, TUNED
1997 "THE T-BIRD" Currant Red Thunderbird 4.6 127k miles
2008 "THE LINCOLN" Ebony Black Mark LT 103K miles (wifey's)
Old 06-17-2013, 11:30 AM
NC Chapter Czar

ncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to all
Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Back to the grind.

Was cutting brush this weekend in a thick wooded area. Had long pants on. Got caught working over a ground hornet nest and before I knew it I was getting lit up. They had worked their way up my pant legs and down my boots and started to sting the crap out of me. Luckily I'm not highly allergic and it just hurt like a **** for the rest of the evening.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 06-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Post Fiend

CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Afternoon James and NC!!!!

-THe Great
SLACKMASTER /AVID WINTER ENTHUSIAST #777
2005 "THE DIESEL" Ebony Black Excursion 6.0 183k miles STUDDED, TUNED
1997 "THE T-BIRD" Currant Red Thunderbird 4.6 127k miles
2008 "THE LINCOLN" Ebony Black Mark LT 103K miles (wifey's)
Old 06-18-2013, 07:59 AM
Posting Guru

fuzzy1626 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncheavymetal View Post
Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Back to the grind.

Was cutting brush this weekend in a thick wooded area. Had long pants on. Got caught working over a ground hornet nest and before I knew it I was getting lit up. They had worked their way up my pant legs and down my boots and started to sting the crap out of me. Luckily I'm not highly allergic and it just hurt like a **** for the rest of the evening.
Dang... Do they die after stinging?
Spent weekend at Farmington Dragway
Tony,1994 F250 XLT ext. cab,long bed,7.3 IDI factory turbo,4x4,manual hubs,E4OD,4.10 gears,Hayden 679 trans. cooler,coolant filter, manual glowplugs,TruxPort tonneau cover,straight piped,190,000 miles and counting. 88 Ranger 2.0, 5 speed,147,000 mi.,bought new.NC Chapter Member,IUE Retired, NRA Life Member,USMC.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:03 AM
Posting Guru

Good morning,Great...
Tony,1994 F250 XLT ext. cab,long bed,7.3 IDI factory turbo,4x4,manual hubs,E4OD,4.10 gears,Hayden 679 trans. cooler,coolant filter, manual glowplugs,TruxPort tonneau cover,straight piped,190,000 miles and counting. 88 Ranger 2.0, 5 speed,147,000 mi.,bought new.NC Chapter Member,IUE Retired, NRA Life Member,USMC.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:39 AM
NC Chapter Czar

Quote:
Dang... Do they die after stinging?
I don't know about normally but those buggers did. I made sure of that. My foot and leg are still itching from the stings. They're mean little rascals.

Quote:
Spent weekend at Farmington Dragway
Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend. Hope you had a good time.

Thanks for stopping by Clint. How are things in Illinois?
Join the NC Chapter
Old 06-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Senior User

lilmatt119 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ground hornets or yellow jackets? My cousin actually developed an allergy to yellow jackets. He got lit up a couple years ago bushhoggin' and swole up like a dadgum gorilla. It was pretty hilarious, after he was made sure to be safe lol.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:10 PM
NC Chapter Czar

Quote:
Ground hornets or yellow jackets?
Don't know for sure. The one's that live in groups in the ground. They look like extra large yellow jackets. Not the huge black ones that look more like wasps. (we have those too) We've always called them ground hornets. Yellow jackets are usually smaller and aren't nearly as aggressive as these are. These rascals don't play around. Get near their burrow and it's game on.

While not environmentally friendly, when an active hole is found, I generally soak the hole and surrounding ground in gas. Leave a small gas trail and light a match. Whooooooomp. Makes a big old fire ball. Got to be careful though because the gas fumes build up down in the hole and chambers and when she goes off she goes boom. Eyebrow scorcher.

A friend of mine is allergic to stings and also swells up like a cartoon. He got hit on the forearm a few summers ago and before we could get him any meds he was swoll up like popeye.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 06-26-2013, 04:14 PM
Senior User

Dang dude, them things sound mean. We don't tend to mess around with them either. Ain't no fun gettin' stung. lol
Old 06-27-2013, 06:08 AM
Posting Guru

We always called those big yellow ones Japanese Hornets (might be a northern thing..lol). I'll have one find it's way onto the carport from time to time. I keep a badminton racket by the swing. Knock those suckers 30 ft into the driveway..
Old 06-27-2013, 12:54 PM
Senior User

Hahaha heck yeah. Me and my buddy when we was bout 14 or so got our hands on some firecrackers and some spray adhesive, and commenced to wreak havoc on the local wasp population. It was interesting to say the least. haha
Old 06-27-2013, 01:40 PM
Posting Guru

LOL......
Old 07-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Senior User

Randomness, anyone else enjoy cigars?
Old 07-14-2013, 09:32 AM
NC Chapter Czar

Even as a long time smoker now quit I never really enjoyed cigars. I've tried different kinds on several occasions and it just never stuck. Occasionally I enjoyed those little cigarillos. I did however enjoy a good pipe wirh some quality/flavorful tobacco. I kept several pipes and would puff on one around a campfire or outside just chillin. More of a treat then a full time habbit. I did have the nasty habbit of dipping for a long time. Id dip and smoke at the same time. I would have to change my dip location often because it would burn sore spots on my gums. I also was a top lip dipper so I could eat and drink without having to remove my tobacco.

What kind of cigars do you lke?
Join the NC Chapter
Old 07-14-2013, 09:32 AM