Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Postmaster

macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.
JUNE 2013 "Welcome To Summer" Thread

A Rainy Sunday! Hope you all have a GREAT day!

WELCOME TO JUNE!!!
Old 06-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Quiet Lurker

theologian has a good reputation on FTE.theologian has a good reputation on FTE.theologian has a good reputation on FTE.
For a change, here in WA it is not raining. It will be later though. I am not going to miss this bloody rain.

and a few other things - Mack truck, Iveco truck, Freightliner truck, Mahindra 4025, Mechron, grasshopper...
Old 06-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Postmaster

macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.
A VERY busy Monday here.....hope everyone else is having a good Monday (if such a beast exists).
Old 06-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Quiet Lurker

theologian has a good reputation on FTE.theologian has a good reputation on FTE.theologian has a good reputation on FTE.
I have spent all day working to getting the move sorted out - It is hard work packing.

and a few other things - Mack truck, Iveco truck, Freightliner truck, Mahindra 4025, Mechron, grasshopper...
Old 06-04-2013, 01:47 AM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Packing for a move is best done by professionals because they do not care and have no attachment to various things.

Of course - the other side of that is that they will surely ruin everything!

It must be why I slept all day, someone else needed the energy
*Turnezzz around twice, and goes back to sleep*
Old 06-04-2013, 02:47 AM
Quiet Lurker

i have used professionals once, and never again. as usual I had the place under surveillance seeing them try to get into my safe, stealing papers, cds and other small items, did disgusting things with my property whilst showing a friendly face when I was around. This was the top moving company in the US. When I showed the eight videos of the gang to the managers, I was blacklisted. I cannot get that company again, why the hell they think I would want them, I do not know. IF I do it myself, or use trusted team members, I know it will be done properly, with nobody trying to get into my safe, filing cabinets or other sensitive things.

So, I spend time packing things, and thrwoing out anything I find that I have not been near for over a year. I have disposed of a lot of clothes, so unwise tool purchases, a few CDs and numerous kitchen toys. We still ahve too much stuff though. The Cabin is quite small, and we have a lot of junk.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:43 AM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Funny about that isn't it? I came home to a place where most of what I owned was destroyed - yet I have spent nearly ten years dropping things into the trash...

It is truly amazing what we can be convinced is actually USEFUL, isn't it?

I mean:
A salad maker, with complicated pieces and bits
A coffee machine, that takes longer than ever and has a tiny little pot
Vacuum cleaners that stuff up entirely, the very first time we use one...
WHEN THE ONLY THING IN YOUR HOUSE THAT DOES NOT SUCK, IS A VACUUM CLEANER - there are problems

Though of course - they were sold to us touted as "BETTER THAN EVER!"
I'm not kidding about the VAC. It had a supposed permanent HEPA filter, and it jammed up solid on the first try

Woola isn't full yet, and has been keeping my feet warm as I sit at this desk
I suppose you have to consider what you really want.

What is that she is munching tho? Oh! I gave her it.
Which is the more silly? The puppy or the master?

I hope you tell me stories about her, she is the kind who will be full of them

~Dutch
Old 06-04-2013, 08:40 AM
Postmaster

Tuesday is here---not as bad as yesterday......yet.

Sounds like the move is going as can be expected. You going to have a Moving Sale?

You'd be surprised how much people will pay for your "trash"----Just set the stuff out on an old tarp with a sign that reads "Make an Offer---All Items negotiable" We did this once and sold most of what we were just going to throw away. We didn't make a ton of cash, but enough to fill the gas tank----TWICE.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

I bet he's offline on the road somewhere.
Interesting, I just realised there is a youngster trying to train himself to run (across the road from me) - and I have a treadmill that needs to go!

They have a lot more space in their house than I have in mine...
Old 06-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Postmaster

That sounds like some tactical thinking, wolf.....

Going to be a rainy 3 days....batten down the hatches!

Everyone have a GREAT Wednesday.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Check the bottom of my sig - I made hay before the sun even came up today!
~I am presently absorbing water/alcohol propellent in the form of 12 oz cans.

~It'll still be a while before that thing makes any noise, but the worst is over and DONE!
Old 06-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Quiet Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
It is truly amazing what we can be convinced is actually USEFUL, isn't it?

~Dutch
This move is showing me that no matter how experienced you are in not buying junk, quite a lot still gets through. When I retired in late 2011, I thought that the house and farm I had bought in Washington was to be the last, where I could live out my retirement in peace. How wrong I was.....

But, because it was to be the last home, I filled the many rooms of the workshop with stuff I may need in the future. I am now going through it all, trying to figure out what stuff I can ditch, and what I must keep. We lived here eighteen months and it looks like I must have bought some bit of junk every week.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Funny how that is. DID I cause you to go shopping more than usual? I remember the trip we made through SAM's, and then finding even more stuff in a dollar store...

I still have the small suitcase butane stove you recommended in Mira Mesa, and several cans of extra fuel for it.

Funny - I recall you telling me that the first home you buy will NEVER be the one you really want

It IS true. Once we have the first - we realise all the things we desire in a home

~And I have no use for a big house, a trailer behind a shed will do... But it needs to be a large shed
I like to play with big toys

BIG HOUSE - HARD TO KEEP CLEAN. Screw that...

TIME - so much we have, that we don't know
THINGS - so much we want, but what they really are
PEOPLE - and who are we? Are we the same?
Or is this just a game???
SCHOOL FOR THE DUMB...

"And you will do as you are told
Until the rights to you are SOLD!"

~I feel that, at times.

Having a big house serves me no purpose

You were right - I should ditch it!

But you were wrong about when...

I feel confident that it will last as long as I need it.

HOUSTON TEXAS however, we should talk about that.
Seriously.

~Dutch
Old 06-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Post Fiend

CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Afternoon Mac, Theo, Gentlemen. Good Wednesday! I hope your day has many humps!!!!

-The Great
SLACKMASTER /AVID WINTER ENTHUSIAST #777
2005 "THE DIESEL" Ebony Black Excursion 6.0 183k miles STUDDED, TUNED
1997 "THE T-BIRD" Currant Red Thunderbird 4.6 127k miles
2008 "THE LINCOLN" Ebony Black Mark LT 103K miles (wifey's)
Old 06-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

RETRACTED. I think I should send myself on a vacation.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:01 PM