New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!

newbie old timer i guess

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 07:08 PM
rooger54
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
newbie old timer i guess

Hello everyone, been reading forums off and on for some time now and you've planted this crazy idea in my head now. I was born and raised on a farm until I graduated high school and dad had a56 f600 that we used a lot. when he first got it we had to build abed it was just a cab and chassis. I remember one day when he was welding the frame on it and I was watching with another helmet and all of a sudden he quit welding and started yelping in pain and when I pulled up my hood his shirt pocket was on fire spark had dropped in the pocket and lite his matches on fire. I thought it was funny but he didn't think so. Got side tracked there. Any how after he sold the farm he sold the truck. that was back in late 60's. He sold it to my brothers father in law. and they used it for quit a few years until they backed it in a big ditch with a full load of grain on it. It bent the frame on it needless to say but right behind the the rear spring hangar. when I first got hitched I bought and old 62 f 350 that the forest service had and built it up and ended up with a good looking pick up I got a bed off a 65 and shortened it to match wheel base of the 62. looked a lot better than the 3/4 ton step side. The next ford project was a 68 mustang that we done. won a couple of trophies with it. But now back to the crazy idea you put in my head. I'm trying to get the old 56 f600 from the in laws now their dad passed away a few years ago and I'm dealing with his kids to try and purchase it .but I thought about building it so I could pull the camp trailer with it. I finally got to take a look at it last week and man is it rough. but after high school I went to work in a semi repair shop for 3-4 years where just me and the owner done everything form overhauls to lengthening the frame on one peterbilt. so maybe I can get the old farm truck backup and going. so I might need some friendly support once in a while. Thanks and hello again

Old 06-02-2013, 09:18 AM
FORD COASTIE
Supporter of Patriotism
Received 2,358 Likes on 1,706 Posts
Welcome to FTE.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:00 PM
rooger54
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks and hope to be entering in on some of the interesting conversations here