<hr style="color:#D1D1E1; background-color:#D1D1E1" size="1"> Well, it looks like my 460 needs some serious valvetrain work.
If it looks like I'm getting above $500 or so just in parts (assuming I can do the work myself, it may be better long term to just replace it. I'm looking at a few choices:
1. An already built and running 460 - $1200
Good: upgraded cam, intake, and carb, all specs, high quality performance parts
Bad: From a jet boat, so I'm sure it has seen plenty of vigorous use, and hours on it are unknown.
2. An engine from these guys (cmengines.com) - $1600
Good: C9ve heads, 12 month warranty, reputable, highly ranked company
Bad: A running engine could be pulled for much cheaper.
3. A craigslist engine - $600
Good: Runs well, cheap, less than 100k
Bad: Don't know anything else about it.
Any thoughts, especially on things I haven't considered?
Thanks, good info.
1. Didn't think of that. I'll look into it.
2. This engine is supposed to be stock replacement for a 1969 or 1970 passenger car, so original manufacturer's specs.
3. I agree. Big negative.