Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Transit Connect 2010+ Ford Transit Connect

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2013, 01:39 PM
New User

GSmack is starting off with a positive reputation.
Help needed with keys

I'm giving away a 2013 Transit Connect in a promo contest. I need 10 keys. 1 that works. 9 that look the same but do not work. It seems impossible to buy replacement keys but that should be impossible. Any ideas? Thanks
Old 06-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Elder User

artfd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSmack View Post
I'm giving away a 2013 Transit Connect in a promo contest. I need 10 keys. 1 that works. 9 that look the same but do not work. It seems impossible to buy replacement keys but that should be impossible. Any ideas? Thanks
Not every dealer is capable of providing replacement keys on demand, but some are. Ask around. The keys are expensive. The key cutting equipment is expensive and the demand for this type of key is very small. I don't know why Ford insists on foisting them on its US customers, it is almost as if Ford is trying to drive them away.
Get a lockbox with a cheap Master padlock on it, and cut 10 regular Master keys. My local discount store duplicates standard keys for $1 each. Damage 9 of them so they can't work. Put the real Transit Connect Euro-weirdo key inside the lockbox.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:18 AM
New User

GSmack is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks Artfd. I like the lock box idea with the real key inside. Any other ideas?
Old 06-03-2013, 09:18 AM