Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Large Truck
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Large Truck My truck is bigger than yours. The forum for 2+ ton trucks (all years), COE's, Louisville's, Big-Job's etc.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Posting Guru

l-m tech is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
2008 ford F650 5.9 cummins injector knock

hello all, i have a freind that has a 08 f650 with the 5.9 cummins and allison trans in a roll back chassic.the truck has 40k on it and has what sounds like a injector knock.he had a company put a tuner in it and when he got it back it had a knock in it.this was the next day and only drive 2 blocks with it to has shop.he told the guy that that noise was unacceptible.they removed the tuner and the noise is still present.he took it to ford cause it still had warranty.ford said theres nothing wrong,its normal.he took it to a dodge shop and they said that the crank needed to be replaced.i have a hard time beleiving that the truck needs a crank.the vehicle is out of warranty now and the noise is the same as it was 10 months ago.anyone run into this before. thanks for the info.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Posting Guru

l-m tech is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
no takers.anyone lead me to the forum that might help
Old 06-01-2013, 09:38 AM