Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2013, 06:29 PM
New User

frogjaw is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation 2006 F250 6.0 Diesel getting Fuel in water, almost burned truck up HELP!!!

I have a 2006 F250 that I recently did a head job on, the other day it caught on fire. It burned wires hood everything. I somehow got fuel in the water and it leaked on the exhaust which ignited it. I asked a few people what might cause this and the answer I got was a leaking injector tube. Is that the reason, and if it is how can I tell which one is leaking without pulling all of them One more question.... Do I have to lift the cab again or should I just get full coverage insurance lol......
Old 05-28-2013, 06:30 PM

redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.
Moving post to 6.0L PSD engine forum.

2007 F-250 Super Cab Short Bed 4x4 XLT Sport Package 5.4L 3.73LS Tow Command

Stuart
Retired Master Sergeant

FTE Guidelines
Old 05-28-2013, 06:32 PM
New User

Sorry...... I was just in a hurry......
Old 05-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Postmaster

mustang_309 is a name known to allmustang_309 is a name known to allmustang_309 is a name known to allmustang_309 is a name known to allmustang_309 is a name known to allmustang_309 is a name known to all
Cracked injector cups is how you end up with fuel in the coolant. Pull the injectors and pressurize the coolant system and watch the injector cups for coolant. The fix is a new head.
Brett, 06 F-350 Crewcab shortbed, 4" Banks turbo back exhaust with EGT probe, Edge insight CTS with EAS fuel pressure gauge, SCT tuner using canned SCT tunes, rebuilt FICM with atlas 40 from Ed at FICMrepair.com, stand pipes, dummy plugs, STC fitting, blue spring upgrade, archoil AR9100, Magnefine P/S filter, Russell speed bleeders, FTE junkie
Old 05-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Post Fiend

Rusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant future
Don't sound good. Fuel in coolant is at least injector cup in cylinder head and more likely it's cracked head (s). Injector cups can be replaced, there is a tool to do the job, but it's seldom a lasting repair according to our Ford Techs here.
2006, King Ranch, F250, Lariat, Super Duty, Powerstroke, FX4, CC, SRW, 20in Ultra Motorsports Goliath wheels. 2in leveling kit, Husky 16K roller hitch, ScanGaugeII. Sinister coolant filter. Blue spring. BPD EGR cooler. Riffraff CAC boots w/metal cold side tube, STC update. Fumoto valves. Rotella ELC. DashBoss. '08 Mirrors. Mishimoto Rad and 200° stat.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Post Fiend

69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of
Agree with Rusty on this one. Mustang was also correct but didn't go far enough.
2007 FHLP H.D. Road King
2007 Thor Jazz 5er, 11k dry weight, 31'
173rd Abn. RVN.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:43 PM
New User

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to do the cup replacement..... What kind of tool does that require??
Old 05-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Post Fiend

cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.
you have one trashed head and a crispy truck
mods arp,egr delete, tuned, 91 gallon RDS fuel tank.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:49 PM
New User

I just replaced the head gaskets last month..... Took them down and had them resurfaced and tested for cracks. I replaced the radiator and the fan clutch and had no more overheating issues. I'm crossing my fingers on this one...... I do have a crispy truck.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Elder User

big inch has a good reputation on FTE.big inch has a good reputation on FTE.big inch has a good reputation on FTE.
Daniel Hardee
One of the heads is most likely cracked. You can usually tell which cylinder is the culprit by looking at the injectors once they are removed. There will be one that has a different appearance. The last one I did was cracked under the cup, and the cup had to be removed to see the crack.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:13 PM
New User

What kind of tool do you need to remove the cup?
Old 05-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Post Fiend

Rusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant future
I haven't seen one. Just saw a few posts about it. I imagine it bolts to the head and grips the cup somehow to pull it and press the new one in. Search function might pull up a post or two. Might call local dealership, believe it is a Ford tool.
2006, King Ranch, F250, Lariat, Super Duty, Powerstroke, FX4, CC, SRW, 20in Ultra Motorsports Goliath wheels. 2in leveling kit, Husky 16K roller hitch, ScanGaugeII. Sinister coolant filter. Blue spring. BPD EGR cooler. Riffraff CAC boots w/metal cold side tube, STC update. Fumoto valves. Rotella ELC. DashBoss. '08 Mirrors. Mishimoto Rad and 200° stat.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:30 PM
New User

I will be starting the job tomorrow afternoon, I will keep everyone posted, and put a pic of this tool up as soon as I get it. Thanks everyone for all the help......
Old 05-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Post Fiend

Good luck with it. Hope I haven't led you astray, the point of the posts I've read is that replacing the cup didn't fix the truck, all of 'em had cracked heads.

Hey Guys, smell me! Post #3,000
Old 05-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Elder User

big inch has a good reputation on FTE.big inch has a good reputation on FTE.big inch has a good reputation on FTE.
Daniel Hardee
The removal tool is a large tap with a threaded hole in the end to attach a slide hammer to.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:52 PM