1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

1996 cc refurbish/psd swap

Old 07-01-2013, 08:38 AM
coreylasalle
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And does anyone know where to find those little plastic clips that hold the fuel/brake lines and wiring harness on the frame rail, I am going to need a few

Old 07-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Awitte58
Postmaster
Lookin good!
The white ones that clip around the two fuel lines and plastic push pin type deals hold it to the frame?

Old 07-01-2013, 10:12 AM
coreylasalle
Elder User

Thanks!
Yes those. and the black ones for the harness.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:21 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now where have I seen that before? LOL! Looking good bud! This is where I got to........and that's it Glad to see somebody making progress with a project like this! I've just been a big slacker with mine. I'll get back on it someday though.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:35 AM
Awitte58
Postmaster
Corey ill be at our local yard this weekend helping a friend pull a trans on a dodge... IMAGINE THAT!

I will take a look for a few clips.

Ill take another gander for them caps too Bill.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:26 AM
coreylasalle
Elder User

Originally Posted by ReBilld
Now where have I seen that before? LOL! Looking good bud! This is where I got to........and that's it Glad to see somebody making progress with a project like this! I've just been a big slacker with mine. I'll get back on it someday though.
haha, well I haven't got another truck that moves under its own power, just the jetta, so I have motivation to get this thing together. I hate not having a truck.

Originally Posted by Awitte58
Corey ill be at our local yard this weekend helping a friend pull a trans on a dodge... IMAGINE THAT!

Thanks, I should be able to round a few used ones up somewhere. I aught a get to my local yard too, haven't had the time. Now i regret being impatient and breaking some of them lol

Old 07-03-2013, 12:09 AM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Awitte58

Thanks bud!

Old 07-08-2013, 11:58 AM
coreylasalle
Elder User

Some more progress, slow, but its getting there.

made the puller to get the cab mounts off the brackets

cleaned up the rad support a bit to fix it up, and got the fender ready for new paint.

I sand blasted the brackets and hangers, this little gravity fed mac speed blaster is handy as hell. worked great for little stuff. I also got the springs apart. wire wheeled them, those are going to get paint too.

I am killing my poor car pretending its a truck haha

I also saw this valence with spots for lights, never seen one before. thought it looked good, well at least on a rollback

well the next step is por 15 on the frame and brackets and everything. then maybe I can finally start putting it back together

does anyone know where i can get those little plastic bushing things that go between the leafs, mine were all worn out.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:41 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
You're knockin that thing out aren't ya! Check with any local spring shops on those pieces for the springs. That would be the only place I know of that would have them.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:10 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 387 Likes on 264 Posts
A good spring shop like big bill said! He's so smart...

And I would rock that valence.I actually have been keeping an eye out for one

Old 07-09-2013, 06:44 PM
martin72
Elder User
Originally Posted by coreylasalle
Some more progress, slow, but its getting there.

made the puller to get the cab mounts off the brackets

cleaned up the rad support a bit to fix it up, and got the fender ready for new paint.

I sand blasted the brackets and hangers, this little gravity fed mac speed blaster is handy as hell. worked great for little stuff. I also got the springs apart. wire wheeled them, those are going to get paint too.

I am killing my poor car pretending its a truck haha

I also saw this valence with spots for lights, never seen one before. thought it looked good, well at least on a rollback

well the next step is por 15 on the frame and brackets and everything. then maybe I can finally start putting it back together

does anyone know where i can get those little plastic bushing things that go between the leafs, mine were all worn out.
Looks good, The valence on the roll back looks like one for East coast customs I think they are out of business they were located in Maryville, TN
I had one on my truck and killed it my father-n-law still has one on his truck I will try to get some pics.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:14 AM
coreylasalle
Elder User

Thanks, I kinda of want to find one now

Old 07-10-2013, 11:50 AM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

I just wanted to ask you how good your Speed Blaster gun is?. It’s easy to use?. Do you have to cover yourself when using it? The lightweight and ergo-balance of the gun make me think that is the one I want to have/use for a small to medium size job. Its easy to get the grit?

Old 07-10-2013, 01:36 PM
coreylasalle
Elder User

Originally Posted by RÖENTGEEP
I just wanted to ask you how good your Speed Blaster gun is?. It’s easy to use?. Do you have to cover yourself when using it? The lightweight and ergo-balance of the gun make me think that is the one I want to have/use for a small to medium size job. Its easy to get the grid?

I liked it. I wore shorts and a tshirt, with a paintball mask lol. I would suggest long sleeves and pants, but it was hot and i didn't care. A real mask probably wouldn't be the worst idea either. it worked real good, I used fine sand. I think it was easier than messing with the 40 or 60 lb pressurized barrel style ones. You just have to keep filling it up with sand, I had about 2 fills per bracket that i sandblasted

Old 07-10-2013, 02:34 PM
OldWoodsDiesel
Posting Guru
that gun has me intrigued, too. looks like its about $50 on amazon and sounds like lots of people just run regular play sand through. that, plus a face shield and a non-rainy day and paint-prepping parts or frame sections with hard-to-grind places would be much easier.

i'm going to be cleaning, rust-converting and coating the frame of my 'new' f350 section by section as I do work to it, so this would be perfect. I should get my extra reservoir hooked up to my pancake compressor first, though...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1996 cc refurbish/psd swap