1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

ABS Grease fitting ?

Old 05-27-2013, 10:10 PM
bakerbuilttracks
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
op here, so I'm taking it they are worth it ? I've been on vacation away from the ole PC and just got home. Looking at placing the order here this week.

Have any of you all noticed a longevity in your hubs after replacing them ? I have 16x8 wheels "mb motoring " with 315x75-16 toyos. I think in the past 7 years of owning the truck I've put 2 or 3 hub assy on it. The recent set were Timkins. Checked them the other day dousing my P/S flush while jacked up and they felt real tight.

If i think they are worth it, how much grease should be pumped into the hub and what kind ?

Old 05-28-2013, 08:07 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
All good stuff here!

Around 2010ish there was a stop or shortage of fittings and I volunteered to make a run of them and have been making them ever since. I talked with SpringerPop on the phone and worked out the design actually eliminating the not needed o-ring. I have been charging just the cost of the part and shipping (not making anything on them at all).

I even made up a video of "The making of" the fitting for people enjoyment.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:40 PM
bakerbuilttracks
Elder User
Thanks but just placed the order from clay last night.

Since i have it on the way whats the best Grease to use and how much ????????

Cant seem to get an answer on this !

Old 05-31-2013, 02:51 PM
cps
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bakerbuilttracks
Thanks but just placed the order from clay last night.

Since i have it on the way whats the best Grease to use and how much ????????

Click on the link in #2 post of this thread. It shows how much grease to put in. Until it starts oozing out.As for the grease. I am using Mobil 1 synth wheel bear grease but there are others you can use that should not make any difference.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:50 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by bakerbuilttracks
whats the best Grease to use and how much ????????

Timken used Exxon/Mobil Infinitec 152, but it's not available in smaller quantities (wanna' buy a five-pound pail?). I went searching for a more-available grease that was similarly-rated and came up with Delo greases EP. Minimum is a case of ten (or is it twelve?) tubes from a stocking distributor.

For something readily-available, that's also very good, Mobil 1 Synthetic Grease is at most auto-parts houses.

If I hadn't bought the Delo, I would probably be using the Mobil 1.

Anything you use should be lithium-complex-based (Infinitec is), and the use of any moly additive is debatable. Timken didn't, probably for a reason.

How much? I usually squirt about 30 "pumps" of the grease-gun into it the FIRST time it's done, but at any rate you should stop when you see it coming out past any seal (and it will).

Pop

Old 05-31-2013, 05:25 PM
bakerbuilttracks
Elder User
THanks POP just the information i needed. Cant wait to get my box from clay with those and my AE !

Old 01-26-2015, 06:27 PM
david7268
6th Gear
Snowseeker, I know this is an old thread, but are you still making the grease fittings? If so, Id like to purchase one. I can't PM as I really don't post over here. If you have one available, email me at david7268@gmail.com

Thanks!

Old 01-26-2015, 08:26 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Originally Posted by david7268
Snowseeker, I know this is an old thread, but are you still making the grease fittings? If so, Id like to purchase one. I can't PM as I really don't post over here. If you have one available, email me at david7268@gmail.com

Thanks!

How to get grease fitting:

I figure the total shipped (lower 48 continental united states only) is $5.90 for one fitting.

Like I mentioned in the sticker thread I got rid of my paypal account so I can only take mail order. Anything for payment is really fine, check, money order, cash (even had some send exact change jingling around in the envelope lol), doesn't really matter to me.

Andy Vollert
1509 Academy Ave.
Stevens Point,
WI 54481

I normally wait till there is a batch of 10 or so to be made because of machine setup takes some time and I am usually very busy. I do this simply to help out the community and fellow ford owners. I don't make anything on these at all and is another reason it sometimes takes me some time to get the done and sent out. I need to get so many paying jobs done every month to pay the bills and feed my family before I can make free stuff. [/QUOTE]

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...b-zerk-15.html

Old 01-26-2015, 09:14 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Originally Posted by Snowseeker
I need to get so many paying jobs done every month to pay the bills and feed my family before I can make free stuff.
Ain't it funny how that works?

Pop

Old 01-27-2015, 08:09 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
Ain't it funny how that works?

Pop

Yeah it can be annoying sometimes. I would much rather do fun things and play with my tools every day.

Right now I am in the middle of making a run of bolts. They are being made from scratch. Hole drilled all the way down the center, head is recessed in and a grease zerk resides in the recessed head of the bolt (protects the zerk). The bolts are for those track thingies that people put on 4 wheelers and side by sides. The company that build the tracks drilled the zerk hole to deep in the bolt heads (1/4" proud threaded hole) and the hole reaches the threaded portion of the bolt which is only .490" on the proud of the thread (.300" in the valley of the thread) which only left around .050" of material at the base of the bolt head where all the pressure is. Pretty much designed to fail.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:02 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

And there are those who believe that teaching math isn't as important any more......

Engineers better know it!

Pop

Old 01-05-2016, 07:01 AM
ckracing
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I realize this is old, but do you happen to have more fittings? Or do you have a drawing/dimensions so I can make one myself?

Chris

Old 01-05-2016, 08:20 AM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
I still make the fittings if you would like one. I believe the measurements have been posted somewhere here before. Marv is the owner of the blueprints so I believe he would have to be the one to post them if he wishes.

But if you have the means to make them all you have to do is pull an abs sensor and measure it.

Old 01-05-2016, 08:39 AM
ckracing
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I found the drawing and I will measure one and try to whip one up this week, If I can't find the time, i'll let you know.

Thanks!

Old 01-05-2016, 12:07 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Originally Posted by Snowseeker
Marv is the owner of the blueprints so I believe he would have to be the one to post them if he wishes.
May it be known to all mankind in all reaches of the globe:

"I herewith deposit them into the public domain forever and evermore."

Crude as they may be:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...ml#post5021552

Hard to believe that's from 2007.

I turned it out of a 1/2-inch bolt with a hacksaw and files on a WOOD lathe.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/a...1&d=1186949673

Pop

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ABS Grease fitting ?