Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Postmaster

Pitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud of
When did Ford sell Cummins?

I know Ford use to own Cummins but when did they sell them? Having a discussion at work and a couple guys still believe Ford owns cummins. Does anybody have a link to prove it?
Old 05-22-2013, 12:49 PM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
ford never sold cummins, because ford never owned cummins.
in 94 ford bought 1.3 million shares of cummins stock, or about 3% of the available common shares. and sold it back to cummins in 97.

rarely in life do you meet a person that will drop everything to help a stranger,
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Posting Guru

Brother Les is a splendid one to beholdBrother Les is a splendid one to beholdBrother Les is a splendid one to beholdBrother Les is a splendid one to beholdBrother Les is a splendid one to beholdBrother Les is a splendid one to beholdBrother Les is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbragiel View Post
I know Ford use to own Cummins but when did they sell them? Having a discussion at work and a couple guys still believe Ford owns cummins. Does anybody have a link to prove it?
Might as well see what some Cummins guys say.....

Ford owns Cummins! - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

PAA Member #123
1991 F-150 inline 6
2001 F-250 7.3 Crewcab 4x4
BTS-Trans , 6.0 Trans Cooler, SuperChip, K&N Filter
Old 05-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Elder User

diehardstroker has a good reputation on FTE.diehardstroker has a good reputation on FTE.
I got into an argument like that once....it was just the other way around lol kid tried talking smack when i was picking up my sister from high school after work and told me cummins made powerstroke ....I just laughed and rolled my window back up.
Mitch, 2000 F250 7.3 4x4 160k miles. MODS: Beans Tunes. 4" exhaust. S&B intake. boost fooler. USA ported housing w/ Clays billet compressor wheel. Sinister Diesel coolant filter. glowshifts 3 in 1 gauge. AIH delete. bellowed uppies. Garret HFO. Plenum inserts. Mishimoto radiator hoses.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Postmaster

Pitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud of
Thanks guys, buy showing them this, they have to buy the donuts tomorrow morning for the whole class im in. You guys are always saving me money.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Elder User

rufushusky has a good reputation on FTE.rufushusky has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbragiel View Post
Looks like State Street Corp is the largest owner of Cummins...

Shareholders Major CMI Cummins Inc including Fund and Institutional

Sold:2002 F-350 ECLB SRW 4WD 7.3 4R100, 08 diff cover, RiffRaff 6637, HPX, 203* T-Stat, Stancor Relay, Mile Marker Hubs, 6.0 trans cooler
Old 05-24-2013, 08:04 PM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
The link above should certainly cause the doughnuts to be bought!

No FoMoCo to be seen anywhere.

Good job, Chris!

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 05-24-2013, 08:04 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel