Sponsored by: Moser

Retractable bed cover

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 08:30 PM
FORD COASTIE
Supporter of Patriotism
Received 2,363 Likes on 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by PrinceValium
Well i am going to go look at them tomorrow...so i will see how they are and what my options are.
Rob, did you look at them today? If so, what did you think?

Old 07-16-2013, 07:38 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
It's amazing what the power of advertising does for a product. No one here seems to be interested in the peragon cover yet he has no dealer network or large advertising program.

No doubt in my mind that the covers that you all are choosing are great products. Still loving my Peragon.

Peragon Enterprises Inc
http://www.peragon.com
Phone number: (877) 473-7246

As you all may know, Heath is a platinum sponsor here on FTE. You could be missing out on some savings.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:00 AM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tseekins
It's amazing what the power of advertising does for a product. No one here seems to be interested in the peragon cover yet he has no dealer network or large advertising program.

No doubt in my mind that the covers that you all are choosing are great products. Still loving my Peragon.

Peragon Enterprises Inc
Peragon Retractable Aluminum Truck Bed Covers - Family Owned. American Made.
Phone number: (877) 473-7246

As you all may know, Heath is a platinum sponsor here on FTE. You could be missing out on some savings.
Tim..I do think Peragon has a nice cover...however I am looking for more of a electric one and one that can stop in different areas of the bed as needed.

Ford Coastie...I have not yet. We spent a lot of money on our vacation and I am thinking I should wait a bit for the cover.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:32 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Still loving my Peragon.

Thanks, Tim!

For anyone considering a retractable truck bed cover, if I can help answer any questions about our Peragon cover just let me know. And for forum members we're always happy to sweeten the pot a bit, just PM me for a forum only offer.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Shamrock_country
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a P-E Jackrabbit on an 04 Dodge Ram 1500(the only non-Ford i've ever bought- F150 SuperCrew didn't have the 6' bed then). It has never been waterproof, rattles,freezes in Iowa winters, and now has problems rolling up. It has been on since Sept '04 so it has some age in its defense.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:48 AM
NewportNic
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My new 150 is being built on 8-12, and am in the market for a cover. anyone South of Detroit have a Peragon willing to let me see one up close and personal?

Old 07-31-2013, 05:00 PM
Big-Red-Lariat
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
we had several retractables, and in a heavy rain they all leaked. The worst one was called ADVANCE, and it opened like a picnic basket with 2 doors, and a rubber covered hinge in the middle...should have called it a sieve!
Pitched them all and went to a solid fibreglass with an electric lock hooked into the power door circuit. No complaints 2.5yrs & laughing!
PS ever see a woman complain when you arrive in Florida with wet suitcases? My ears are no longer burning. ;-)

Old 08-01-2013, 02:43 PM
northernsnooker
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had my Retrax for almost a month now. It's been great. Couple weeks ago I drove an hour north to pick up some artwork for my wife. It was about 52" long. I wrapped the artwork in a garbage bag (just in case) and put it in the bed. It poured when I stopped for lunch and rained most of the hour drive home. Not a drop of water got in the bed.

Last week I packed the bed full of suitcases and boating supplies for a trip to the keys. Only went through a little rain, but again no rain in the bed.

The reason I did not go for the Peragon is because it doesn't look like it can be opened when the bed is packed to the top with stuff. We have 4 kids, if we go on a trip it is packed to the top.

So far I've been really happy with the Retrax.

Old 08-01-2013, 03:25 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
Originally Posted by northernsnooker
I've had my Retrax for almost a month now. It's been great. Couple weeks ago I drove an hour north to pick up some artwork for my wife. It was about 52" long. I wrapped the artwork in a garbage bag (just in case) and put it in the bed. It poured when I stopped for lunch and rained most of the hour drive home. Not a drop of water got in the bed.

Last week I packed the bed full of suitcases and boating supplies for a trip to the keys. Only went through a little rain, but again no rain in the bed.

The reason I did not go for the Peragon is because it doesn't look like it can be opened when the bed is packed to the top with stuff. We have 4 kids, if we go on a trip it is packed to the top.

So far I've been really happy with the Retrax.
The Peragon does have it's draw backs. For instance, when I load it full, I have to pull the gear towards the tailgate before I can open the cover. I do this with a hook that I travel with. It's quite comical actually, being watched by people while I'm pulling my gear out. I don't consider it to be an inconvenience, just the nature of the beast.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:28 PM
JeffHann74
Senior User
The Peragon does have it's draw backs. For instance, when I load it full, I have to pull the gear towards the tailgate before I can open the cover. I do this with a hook that I travel with. It's quite comical actually, being watched by people while I'm pulling my gear out. I don't consider it to be an inconvenience, just the nature of the beast.
That is the one thing I don't like about my Peragon. Not thier fault, but its still a pain....

If I want to open my cover, my toolbox has usually slid to the front and I have to shimmy up in there to drag it out.

If only I owned a monkey...

Old 08-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JeffHann74
That is the one thing I don't like about my Peragon. Not thier fault, but its still a pain....

If I want to open my cover, my toolbox has usually slid to the front and I have to shimmy up in there to drag it out.

If only I owned a monkey...
Here is an option we recommend often and you don't have to feed it or clean up after it like a monkey!

HitchMate® Cargo Stabilizer Bar | Heininger Holdings, LLC

They run about $38 on Amazon and are handy in a number of ways when using your truck bed to haul cargo.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:22 PM
JeffHann74
Senior User
Originally Posted by Peragon
Here is an option we recommend often and you don't have to feed it or clean up after it like a monkey!

HitchMate® Cargo Stabilizer Bar | Heininger Holdings, LLC

They run about $38 on Amazon and are handy in a number of ways when using your truck bed to haul cargo.

Cool, I will look into that. I have a 5 year old and a 2 1/2 year old... a monkey couldn't be any worse.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:28 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by FORD COASTIE
I have a Retrax cover on my truck. I love the way it fits and it keeps my bed dry.
we have had 2 Retrax covers now. one on a '03 f-150 and the second on a '04 f-150. both have been on since the trucks were new and both work wonderfully! even in the middle of winter. i can even walk on it...although i'm only 130lbs.

retrax has won me over for sure. a buddy put a Pace Edwards on his Mark LT and its looking like crap one year later.