Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Box Style Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2013, 02:18 PM
New User

BS7 is starting off with a positive reputation.
1958 F-100 Side Mirrors

I am restoring my late grandfather's truck and one of the side mirrors is broken. I don't believe they are the original mirrors, but they look similar to thunderbird mirrors from the same time frame. Can anyone help me identify the year and model that these mirrors actually belong to? I'd greatly appreciate the help.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Gone But Not Forgotten

ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Welcome to FTE.

Cannot help you with any specifics, other than to say they are not original, and are likely aftermarket. At least, I do not recognize them.Yankee , and others, produced many similar style like this, they are often referred to as a "Tri-bar" style. I believe that Yankee supplied to most of the big three, at one time or another as well.

The original style would not have been located where yours are, but rather on a mount that was attached to the front edge of the door, and protrudes out from between the fenders and leading edge of the doors.The stock ones are reproduced, not sure about the mounts that they attach to, i am guessing they are part of the re-popped mirror assemblies. The repops are, hovever, in my opinion very small for truck mirrors, though they are attractive chrome. My truck had the larger optional telescoping mirrors, since it originally was purchased with a cabover camper and was used by the P.O. to travel after retirement.

I bought replacement telescoping aftermarket mirrors by Yankee, which are nice and are period correct. They can be had on the Bay, if you watch. The correct Ford ones are expensive when they do come available.

Steve
Anthony...Hey Kevin....Silly Boy...Hey John...Hey Dan... WOW! OYE!...OH
CRAP...just for giggles...GREAT JOB...Nice Work Tard!...takes a "womans
touch"...TeeHee...you jerks."
Old 05-19-2013, 04:19 PM
New User

BS7 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the info. Mine are very similar to the Yankee pacesetter tribar mirrors, but not quite identical. Any other idea of brands that I could potentially look into other than yankee for a match? Any time I search for tribar mirrors all that pops up is yankee.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:22 PM
Gone But Not Forgotten

ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Can't help you there. I like the oversized telescoping ones I have and would not prefer that mounting location, at any rate. Good luck.
Anthony...Hey Kevin....Silly Boy...Hey John...Hey Dan... WOW! OYE!...OH
CRAP...just for giggles...GREAT JOB...Nice Work Tard!...takes a "womans
touch"...TeeHee...you jerks."
Old 05-19-2013, 05:25 PM
Elder User

Damifiknow is starting off with a positive reputation.
I got the drivers mirror with mounting arm and door bracket and the pass side mounting arm with mounting bracket but without mirror if interested pm me.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:33 PM
Senior User

oldebrush is starting off with a positive reputation.
1958 F-100 Side Mirrors

Howdy BS7, Welcome to FTE. I can't help much other than to say that mirror does look something like what might have been used on the 57-58 passenger cars, but not trucks, to my knowledge. Your Grandfather sure had good taste in trucks. More pix will always be welcome too. Aloha.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:33 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks