1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

NooB here...hello everyone. 56 Basket case owner!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 12:52 PM
ulev1st
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NooB here...hello everyone. 56 Basket case owner!

Just found rhe website this week....while trying to educate myself on the old basket case 56 F100 that followed me home.
Truck is all together with MUCH RUST and a non running Y block three speed on the tree.
Bed is only a rusted shell...
Truck appears to be all stock.
Owner is also OLD and a bit rusty around the edges. Old gearhead but NEW to the old truck scene.
I'm sure I'll be asking a bunch of stupid question as my computer skills REALLY SUCK... so please be kind.
Don

Old 05-17-2013, 01:11 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
DON! This is an AA group of sorts!
Welcome to the old truck madness. You'll find this to be a very friendly place. Make a few more posts (tell us about yourself and your plans for your truck) and other functions will become available to you, the search function (the advanced search is especially useful) as well as PM and email messaging.
We like pictures, but they need to be on the internet (on a free hosting site like flickr or photobucket or first build yourself a gallery on here) not just on your computer before you can link to them. Meanwhile go to your user cp (control panel) and add your location and the year and model of your fruck to your profile, both will help us give you better answers. We don't mind questions, but try a search on this forum first, most of the usual questions have been answered in detail many times before and will save you waiting for the same answers and will provide hours of reading material.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:54 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Yeah, as the racer said, put your approximate location, at least, in your profile. Quite a few of us here in TN. Just got back from Pigeon Forge Nationals a few minutes ago. What are your plans for the truck?

Old 05-17-2013, 03:58 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
Welcome Don!

pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-pics-

DW

Old 05-17-2013, 04:19 PM
ulev1st
Senior User
I'll have to set up a photo bucket acct..
Not sure what direction to go...so many decision and ideas going thru my head..
The first thing I'm going to do is try to revive the stock engine to see what shape it's in..like I said it is ROUGH!!
Much rust repair and body work is needed...
I want to get it moving under it's own power right away..The brakes are inop so something will have to be done with them...but I can't afford to do things TWICE so I have to come up with a plan.
It will need some glass and the interior is non existant!...It has a seat and a steering wheel.
Hoping to change to front disc brakes and maybe coils on front..no clue on back..if the stock engine is SHOT TO HELL then I might consider 302/351 replacement..IF that happens switch to automatic..lower it down with some kind of decent wheel..I like the steelies with rings and baby moons....
Again..this is going to be a SLOOOOOOOOW project...
I can see me selling off other projects to finance this truck..I have a NASA/SCCA Track car that doesn't get much use and a street strip car that could POSSIBLY go..
As soon as I finish my 69 Mach1 it will go up for sale...
Who know where this will lead?

Old 05-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 762 Likes on 373 Posts
Welcome to FTE! We do love pictures. Many of us have been working for years on our trucks (off and on) and still have a long way to go.

AXRacer is correct, we are an AA group of sorts, but more in reverse.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:19 PM
FP
Elder User
Welcome, and yes, pictures or its not true...

Old 05-17-2013, 07:33 PM
ulev1st
Senior User
Attempt to pload pics...

1st attempt...

Old 05-17-2013, 08:37 PM
ben73058
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey Ulev,
It didn't work this time.. Another approach - you join the site ($20 I believe). Then you get a little paperclip icon & just post from your hard drive.

Good luck over there & welcome.

Ben in Austin
1950 F1

Old 05-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by ulev1st
1st attempt...

Try this...

Go to Photobucket and sign up for a free account. Then create an album for your truck. Upload any pics you want to post on FTE to that album. Have this album open on your computer when you want to post pics on FTE.

While you're making a post on FTE, select the pic you want to post from your Photobucket album. When the large version of the pic is open, right mouse click on it and select "View Image Info". The image info will be highlighted and will look something like this:
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...ghtsafter1.jpg

Copy that highlighted info (right click / copy).

When you have the spot in your post where you want the pic to be placed, select the "Insert Image" icon at the top of the post (looks like a mountain) and paste (right click / paste) the image info you copied in the highlighted box (just shows "http://" when it opens).

Your pic will be placed in the post.

Hope that helps.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:06 PM
ulev1st
Senior User
Trying again..

Joined site..will try again..

Attached Images  
Old 05-17-2013, 09:14 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
A picture of a black Ford truck on a trailer. Success. I have a few Y block parts layin' around, taking up space.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:45 PM
ben73058
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey Ulev,
There it is - nice... I never could get the hang of that photobucket
approach. It looks like you have room to work too!
Your truck looks to be in pretty good shape. Ok - What's under wraps there in the background.

Ben in Austin
1950 F1 (351W/AOD)

Old 05-17-2013, 09:47 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the site Don. You are in for a lot of fun, I think your going to feel rite at home here.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:11 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Don a little advice: Don't put a dime or a minute into it until you have a valid title in hand. The legal ID is the serial # stamped into the top of the frame on the passenger side between the front crossmember and the firewall. It is usually somewhat lightly stamped and may require cleaning off any paint and rust to see it.

Quick Reply: NooB here...hello everyone. 56 Basket case owner!