Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > Site Announcements
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Senior User

majkthreads is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.majkthreads is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
New Advertising Banners Stink

Jumped the gun and made a mistake.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:41 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
Quote:
Originally Posted by majkthreads View Post
You know the new advertising banners make it brutal reading. Plus
it seems to make the site load allot slower. I'm all for making money but
this now looks like a womans truck site with all the clothing ads rotating around it.
Bad choice.
I hate to cut into the site funding but there is an addon you can use for the web browser that blocks ads. It's called Adblock Plus. It will block any ads, popups, anything. And not just for this site, for any other site. I use it because I got tired of accidentally clicking ads, and I don't think it hurts the income from the ads too much but I don't know for sure.
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 05-17-2013, 10:39 PM
Senior User

majkthreads is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.majkthreads is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I don't as mind the top and bottom banners, but the side banner really blows. I get the money issue and forums are expensive to run but c'mon. Do we have to squeeze every single eligible inch into advertising?

I loved the site before because it was simple, no nonsense good reading.
Now it's like every other site out there, cluttered up with banner advertising.
Just sad to see I guess.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:49 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
If you become a supporting member you don't see any ads... unless you don't

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/subscriptions.php

Most ad networks now use targeting to try to get the ads closer to something you might actually click on. I'm not sure if the FTE ads are like this but Google Adsense ads are.

If someone on your computer looks at dresses on Amazon.com you can expect to see ads on other sides for women's clothing.. unless you tighten down your security and use an ad blocker.

I have mixed feelings about blocking ads. On one hand I understand that every time I log onto a site and download content, there is a small bandwidth cost to the site owner.
On the other hand I have never actually clicked on on an ad, even accidentally so whats the point of seeing them?

- My Garage -

Arkansas Chapter Leader - Join Here
Old 05-18-2013, 12:53 PM
Senior User

Well I was, I guess it must expire.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:37 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
It requires continuous payments which is why k have no intention of becoming a supporter. If it was a one time payment, then you had an option to keep paying to get other benefits, I might donate $20 here and there but continuous payments isn't something i could do.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Postmaster

White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.
Just use FireFox with AdBlock+, and adds are history...

BTW, what banner ads are you talking about????
1997 F-250 HD Extended cab, long bed, 5.8L, E4OD.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:42 PM