Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Texas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2013, 01:06 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

LibTimothy is a splendid one to beholdLibTimothy is a splendid one to beholdLibTimothy is a splendid one to beholdLibTimothy is a splendid one to beholdLibTimothy is a splendid one to beholdLibTimothy is a splendid one to beholdLibTimothy is a splendid one to behold
My Truck was not behaving today

It started off at noon when I needed to run into town to exchange a part for my shop lights. I jumped into the F350 and... nothing. Dead battery.

So I jumped in the Pinz and drove to town, did the exchange, grabbed two batteries at Walmart, and installed them. I thought my problems were over.

But, I had to drive up to Stephenville tonight. Just outside of Hamilton, I blew a passenger front tire. At 70 mph. I thought I hit an IED. The whole front of the truck went up in the air. The tire was shredded and the front fender was beat all to he!!. Not great.

So, an hour later my only question was where do they hide the jack on an F350?????? I looked EVERYWHERE twice!

I ended up calling my roadside assistance to put the spare on.

So what is up with my truck? Two problems AND a lost jack in one day? Maybe my truck isn't getting enough attention. Do they have truck psychologists? The have em for dogs. Shouldn't they have them for trucks too?

Maybe I'm the one who needs one......

Timothy

When the only tool in your toolbox is dynamite, you start looking for excuses to solve problems.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:40 AM
Postmaster

texans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to behold
Dang Tim, that is a bad day. What year was your 350 again? Hope it turns around for you today
Old 05-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Posting Guru

itsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to behold
I'm thinking the Ford is getting jealous of all the attention you give the Pinz.
68 F100 2wd
LOTS & LOTS of Boxsters
Old 05-16-2013, 07:50 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

LibTimothy is a splendid one to beholdLibTimothy is a splendid one to beholdLibTimothy is a splendid one to beholdLibTimothy is a splendid one to beholdLibTimothy is a splendid one to beholdLibTimothy is a splendid one to beholdLibTimothy is a splendid one to behold
Now where is the Jack???

The tire.

The damage.

Today I bought new shoes for the truck all around including spare. Ouch.

Tomorrow the insurance co.

My laptop is now acting up.

Oh well. I suppose it could be worse.

Timothy

When the only tool in your toolbox is dynamite, you start looking for excuses to solve problems.

Last edited by LibTimothy; 05-16-2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Fix error.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:19 AM
Postmaster

Snuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to behold
snuggyworm snuggyworm Snuggyworm
if urs is a crewcab, the jack is usually behind the back seat. lower the back seat down, and there will be a back receptacle area where the jack, the lug nut wrench will all be.
Ravelco, Updated HFCM Plug, ScanGauge II, Blue Spring, Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter & Intake Elbow, Updated STC, SP & DP, Upgraded FICM (6/14/12), PMM EGR Delete (5/13/13), Updated Turbo Oil Line & Drainpipe, Shell ELC, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Steering Stabilizer & Front Coils, Moog Ball Joints, Magnefine P.S. Filter, Jimmi Jammers, Fumoto, Riffraff Boots, 08 Mirrors, Hellwig, Mag-Hytec Front
Old 05-17-2013, 08:26 AM
Postmaster

texans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to behold
On a 7.3 the tools were under the hood. I don't know for sure where the jack was
Old 05-17-2013, 12:15 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggyworm View Post
if urs is a crewcab, the jack is usually behind the back seat. lower the back seat down, and there will be a back receptacle area where the jack, the lug nut wrench will all be.
My truck is an 08 extended cab. Most of the tools are in a pouch that is bolted to the floor under the back seat. There is one tool missing and no jack. I have an online owners manual that would tell where the jack is, except... the manual is on my computer that just went on the fritz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans View Post
On a 7.3 the tools were under the hood. I don't know for sure where the jack was
I looked under the hood. There is only a lot of engine there.

I have a few old bottle jacks. If they work I will throw one or two into the tool box until I can locate the correct jack.

Yesterday, I put on all new tires all the way around, including the spare. I'll pause for a moment while the pain in my wallet subsides.....

Timothy

Old 05-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Posting Guru

itsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to beholditsnotanova is a splendid one to behold
That damage doesn't look too bad. A tire blew on my friend's Dodge and it took out the fender, fender well, headlight area and the bumper. Still sucks though!
68 F100 2wd
LOTS & LOTS of Boxsters
Old 05-18-2013, 07:40 PM
GateKeeper

DRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputation
Tim looks like you were given a gift. It could have been worse. You never know what could have happened if it started the first time and the tire blew then. You just never know. Hope it all comes back together for you.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:01 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRRXR View Post
Tim looks like you were given a gift. It could have been worse. You never know what could have happened if it started the first time and the tire blew then. You just never know. Hope it all comes back together for you.
This week I have felt like that character from the old Lil Abner comic, the one with the black cloud over his head and the constant bad luck. I tried to pass the bad luck off to Robert, but the local shaman wanted too much to do it. Honestly, where am I going to find a two headed goat and a bag of shrunken heads in this economy?

Oh well, I guess it will all pass soon. Until then I'll just keep laughing.

Timothy

Old 05-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Trying to Gain Knowledge

twg1966 is a name known to alltwg1966 is a name known to alltwg1966 is a name known to alltwg1966 is a name known to alltwg1966 is a name known to alltwg1966 is a name known to all
You humor cracks me up Tim. Hopefully you get it all straightened out.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Postmaster

Snuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to hear bout tat, Tim. Hope u get her taken care of. If u need a hula hoop dancing worm, let me know. I have my spandex and straw skirt in the truck. Jus say when, boss. Sorry, I meant "big boi". Lmao!
Old 05-20-2013, 11:57 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Sorry to hear bout tat, Tim. Hope u get her taken care of. If u need a hula hoop dancing worm, let me know. I have my spandex and straw skirt in the truck. Jus say when, boss. Sorry, I meant "big boi". Lmao!
Snuggy,

Um... Errrrrr.... Well thank you for the Uhhhhhh..... kind and generous..... Ummmmm..... offer.

I will probably have nightmares just from the mental picture you just gave me.... But I do appreciate it. Hmmm.... Maybe I can have you do an exorcism on my truck. Or are you more like a voodoo dancer?

Timothy

Old 05-21-2013, 12:42 AM
Postmaster

hell yeah! of cos i'm also an exorcist. i can even perform them remotely. zim zam, flim flam, badabing badaboom, evil spirits, kiss my ***!

ok, ur good.
Ravelco, Updated HFCM Plug, ScanGauge II, Blue Spring, Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter & Intake Elbow, Updated STC, SP & DP, Upgraded FICM (6/14/12), PMM EGR Delete (5/13/13), Updated Turbo Oil Line & Drainpipe, Shell ELC, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Steering Stabilizer & Front Coils, Moog Ball Joints, Magnefine P.S. Filter, Jimmi Jammers, Fumoto, Riffraff Boots, 08 Mirrors, Hellwig, Mag-Hytec Front
Old 05-21-2013, 09:58 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Yea

Quote:
hell yeah! of cos i'm also an exorcist. i can even perform them remotely. zim zam, flim flam, badabing badaboom, evil spirits, kiss my ***!

ok, ur good.

OK then. The usual payment is on its way. One Chia pet and a quart of motor oil.

Thanks!

Timothy

Old 05-21-2013, 09:58 AM