Mid-Atlantic Region Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C. and West Virginia

The 6th Annual Mid Atlantic FTE Meet - 2013 All Trucks Nationals, Aug 2nd - 4th Carlisle, PA

Old 08-04-2013, 08:00 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts
T'was a great weekend. Thanks for all your work in putting it together too, Scott. Full-on team effort.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Archion
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good times once again, it's really the people that make it worthwhile, all else is secondary. Thanks to everybody!

Old 08-05-2013, 04:41 AM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Sorry I didnt get over to see you guys. Hell, I didnt even get to walk the flea market this year

Old 08-05-2013, 04:54 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Congrats to Scott and crew and all who attended. Looks like another successful meet!

Old 08-05-2013, 06:27 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad
Sorry I didnt get over to see you guys. Hell, I didnt even get to walk the flea market this year
I didn't get to walk much either.

I did stop to take a brief look at your trucks Saturday - looked great but man that dually is sweet!

Old 08-05-2013, 08:57 AM
429poweredf350
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Had a great time this weekend. It was great to see everyone again and congrats to all the winners. Trucks looked awesome. Showed up for the tear down on Sunday but looks like we were a little late. Sorry about that. See ya'll next year.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:10 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Great seeing you guys again this weekend, Jerry...congrats on Member's Choice. Looking forward to next year already.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Torklift Sheryl
SPONSOR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you to everyone from Torklift. Hope you had a great weekend!

Torklift International – Towing, Suspension, Tie Downs, Steps
Call me direct: 1-800-246-8132
Visit our Blog: http://www.torklift.com/blog
Old 08-05-2013, 11:24 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

It was a great time - thanks for being a part of it with your display and give-aways, Jen.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:01 AM
quaddriver
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
358 days to go until I arrive at the next one...

Coming in wed. evening was the way to go.

Leaving monday morning was WEIRD.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:37 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

I'm sure it was - no one there probably by that point I'd think other than Carlisle staff.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:34 PM
quaddriver
Cargo Master
we had 4 other 'campers' besides us. we wer ethe last ones out - I had to bolt some crap onto the engine in the van.

Here is a question: home come none of the clubs camp on the club tent site overnight? you think that would be cool

and an observation: the low rent vendors, like us, always leave the place with no more evidence of attendance than pressed down grass. The pro vendors leave behind piles of trash and strewn garbage...

Old 08-07-2013, 02:03 PM
jason86
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by quaddriver
we had 4 other 'campers' besides us. we wer ethe last ones out - I had to bolt some crap onto the engine in the van.

Here is a question: home come none of the clubs camp on the club tentacles site overnight? you think that would be cool

and an observation: the low rent vendors, like us, always leave the place with no more evidence of attendance than pressed down grass. The pro vendors leave behind piles of trash and strewn garbage...
I was told no camping is allowed after the problems they had in the past. What bugs me is the club paid for the spot. So why do we still have to pay full price to park in the spot where we are barely seen? Some of the club spots are really far back too...

Old 08-07-2013, 04:30 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Originally Posted by jason86
I was told no camping is allowed after the problems they had in the past. What bugs me is the club paid for the spot. So why do we still have to pay full price to park in the spot where we are barely seen? Some of the club spots are really far back too...
As for the camping, there are some that still "get away with it" somehow - I think it was among the Dodge club (at least I think that's what it was) down closer to the grandstand that had a tent or two set up to camp as I saw people emerging on Sunday morning early (I was over there at 7 because I couldn't sleep at the hotel). Maybe security misses their tent behind their trucks or something. You ARE right though - after some of the incidents that happened, it was to be shut down altogether. I guess the vendors are permitted to stay on site, but that's really all.

The pricing is weird. Because I show my truck, and they assume I'll be parked on the show field Friday to Sunday whether I register with a club or not, I guess I get it that they charge me a full rate. But you'd think they would offer a lesser rate to clubs if there's other money being spent up front for the tent space but they don't.

Given what was there this weekend overall - Carlisle is slowly pricing themselves out of the show business. Not everyone is willing to cough up their weekend pass price anymore, and it's showing.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:27 PM
quaddriver
Cargo Master
I have only camped onsite for 3 years...used to stay local, then did western village....but I always noticed the campers in the vendor area so asked and they said thee spots are mine to do as I please...so in comes the rv - get a comfy bed and AC to bleed off the heat. The vendors tend to stay in their pen for the most part and guard the goods - but its like a little community down there.

I agree that CP is pricing themselves out...spectators do not shell out $10 admission and $10 parking to watch your truck get judged...they are there to see trucks and buy parts for the most part and if the rates push out the vendors and cause the show'ers to not show up...then its just a big grassy field with a grandstand.

I will support the show as long as I can...its a small vacation for me that I try to make pay for itself and move product out of the store(s) but my model only works if people show up and buy the goods....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The 6th Annual Mid Atlantic FTE Meet - 2013 All Trucks Nationals, Aug 2nd - 4th Carlisle, PA