Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Algona Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 03:12 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Algona Car Show

We are here once again. The Algona car shows are coming up pretty quick. I said "Shows" because this year there happens to be 2 shows on the same day. One that the Mayor hosts which is the Algona Show & Shine Car show, then there is the one I shall be attending which is the 1st Annual Car Show 4 Kids. This is run by one of the directors of last years shows. There was some drama between him and the way the show and shine was being coordinated so he decided to branch off and do his own show. Seeing as his show should be more fun, I will be attending that one.

Anyways, the proceeds of the show go to a Brain Tumor foundation so it's kind of a nonprofit show. Here is the link for the entry form
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7mwilzeq2...ry%20Form.docx

Chances are I won't have the Bronco there due to having the bug and possible plans for going to a friends house later that day. I was thinking about entering both the bronco and the beetle but considering it's $20 per entry, I don't think it would be wise. I don't quite know where to send the form or the payment just yet but I've asked the guy who is setting it up so once I get an answer back, I will post it here. I can also get the form for the Show & shine that the Mayor does and post it here if anyone wants that one too.

EDIT: So if you fill out the form and a check for the entry fee you can mail it to this address: 309 8th Ave N Algona WA 98001 the guy's name is Ed Britz.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:51 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got both my bronco and my beetle signed up. I spoke to the guy setting the event up and he is working hard to get sponsors and donations from companies, he has Les Schwab paying for dash plaques and trophies. There is a lot of sponsors and companies offering great deals. He claims he would be happy if 100 cars showed up but I feel like we could get more to come. Along with this place I plan to spread the word on a few VW sites too.