1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

54 F-250 frame under a 55 Panel?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 08:20 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya think I did OK?

Old 05-17-2013, 09:53 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
WOW!!! That looks really sweet! As nice as it looks, I'm surprised they butchered the frame. How about a couple shots of the frame now.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:37 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by AXracer
WOW!!! That looks really sweet! As nice as it looks, I'm surprised they butchered the frame. How about a couple shots of the frame now.
A quick shot of the interior.....

As soon as it quits raining here in the Pac N.W. and, I can get this ole girl up on my lift, I'll post some pix of the front frame section.
I've decided to save up my "running away from home" money and look at purchasing a full chassis to slip under this gals skirt from TCI unless ya'll recommend another brand.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:38 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
I favor Art Morrison's chassis.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:39 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 762 Likes on 373 Posts
Wow, very nice. Based on those pictures, you did well.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:45 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
Hey neighbor, nice panel! There's a really rough one of those in the woods here on Orcas, and another in a storage area in Anacortes. Always wanted to ask about the one in Anacortes and the beater one here is available. Doesn't look like you need much though. I daily drove your airport's old '38 ford tonner crash truck for ten years in the 90's after I put a pickup bed on it. Congrats on your trade!

Old 05-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by AXracer
I favor Art Morrison's chassis.

Because???? Although....he is just down the road from me which would cut freight cost a bit.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by GB SISSON
Hey neighbor, nice panel! There's a really rough one of those in the woods here on Orcas, and another in a storage area in Anacortes. Always wanted to ask about the one in Anacortes and the beater one here is available. Doesn't look like you need much though. I daily drove your airport's old '38 ford tonner crash truck for ten years in the 90's after I put a pickup bed on it. Congrats on your trade!
Howdy GB! Might motor over to your "rock" with my shops riding group (Salish Island Coasters) S.I.C. tomorrow if the rain lets up....I know...I know...but one can dream right? This panel is a refuge of Orcas Island. It was purchase at a used car lot in Mt Vernon a couple yr.s ago by Dave Dunlap who was relentless about doing the trade for one of my motorcycles here at Beast Customs in Friday Harbor. Dave did say he also recently bought a 54 F250 that he's not sure what to do with. I've seen pix of it and it appears to be all original as it's been an island truck all this time. I wasn't interested in it but, as far as I know, he'd be willing to sell seriously cheap if your interested. BTW...I remember that ole 38. I was a Jensen's shipyard all through the 90's.....left for 15 yrs....and..as usual...came back about 2yrs. ago. The cycle never end huh?

Old 05-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
I know right? Once in awhile ya win one. Thanks!

Old 05-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by Harrier
Wow, very nice. Based on those pictures, you did well.
I know right? Once in awhile ya win one. Thanks!

Old 05-18-2013, 11:33 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
I showed the pic to my wife and she agreed it looked the the one Disco Dave used to drive, turns out we were right! I'll be around tomorrow if you want to visit. Just bought a battery for my beezer.

Old 05-18-2013, 11:21 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Funny, I just got home from a memorial service/pig roast for a local guy here and Disco Dave was there. He showed up on the sportster and we had a good chat about this morning's 'meeting'. PM me if you want to come by tomorrow. I think I have hijacked your thread and I'm sorry. Back to your cool new panel truck. In the fridge years (57-60) the front end of choice seems to be the crown vic. Same frame width and it installs with something like 6 bolts and you get 12" ventilated discs and rack and pinion power steering. Not sure if this works on your era truck. I keep my stuff pretty much stock as far as running gear, and the lack of power steering is like my morning workout.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:59 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by GB SISSON
Funny, I just got home from a memorial service/pig roast for a local guy here and Disco Dave was there. He showed up on the sportster and we had a good chat about this morning's 'meeting'. PM me if you want to come by tomorrow. I think I have hijacked your thread and I'm sorry. Back to your cool new panel truck. In the fridge years (57-60) the front end of choice seems to be the crown vic. Same frame width and it installs with something like 6 bolts and you get 12" ventilated discs and rack and pinion power steering. Not sure if this works on your era truck. I keep my stuff pretty much stock as far as running gear, and the lack of power steering is like my morning workout.
GB, I PM'd you last night regarding coming over. We did get over there but I didn't get a chance to look at the F-250. Rode up Mt. Constitution and just made it back to the ferry to get back home. One of our riders is Brian Wright who has a body shop in Eastsound. He also knows about the Panel in the weeds. If your interested, he's getting me the number of the owner. He thinks it's pretty rusted out though. Let me know. Take care!

Old 05-20-2013, 12:35 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Dang, I just found it. It was in a category called profile visitor messages that I have never looked at. Now I see other folks have tried to reach me with that and I only ever looked ay the PM column. We were out in the '59 cummins powered f350 flareside, all the while scanning the road for bikers, well and doing errands too. Next time for sure.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:17 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Capt'n Phillips
Because???? Although....he is just down the road from me which would cut freight cost a bit.
His frames are all cad designed, bolt right up, tubing is cam mandrel bent rather than cut and welded like most others. His suspension geometry is all computer designed, not just cloned from MII geometry, He also builds pro race car chassis for several different types of competition and custom chassis for some of the top hot rod builders. He knows what he is doing, and his chassis handle like a 100K+ sports car.

Quick Reply: 54 F-250 frame under a 55 Panel?