6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

I got my VIN number today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 06:18 PM
albertatyke
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my VIN number today!

Well, I got my VIN number today, the dealer said it was going to be built next week, and then they said it usually takes 3 weeks to ship it to them.

I've tried the tracking link in the F150 online forum, but it seems the guy doing the tracking has stopped doing it, to be honest I can not believe he's been doing it this long, I would have gone mental ages ago doing it

Old 05-08-2013, 10:00 PM
dualwheels66
Posting Guru
Just call Ford Customer Service give them your VIN and ask for a order status. They will say:
In processing, give them a week and call back
Then they might give you build date
Then they will say in transit and could give you a delivery date.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:17 AM
goingnorth
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...ticker.pdf?vin=

Use this link and add your vin after the = no space and you can view your window sticker. Don't click on the link just add vin and copy and paste.

How to Track Ford Factory Car Orders
You can also use this link but the build date stuff doesn't show up on superduty's like it does on F150's

Also you can pm Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com if you join thedieselstop this is a ford customer service rep, she also has a twitter account.
Sorry if this is not allowed to post links to other forums.

Once your build date is issued it will show up hear.FordEtis home page just enter your vin.

Mine was built 7 days after vin and took 3 weeks after it was built for dealer to get and I am in MI, only 4 hours away.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:25 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I got all my tracking data from over at thedieselstop as well (Cory was doing it at the time).

Old 05-09-2013, 02:01 PM
rvpuller
Received 430 Likes on 281 Posts
Originally Posted by goingnorth
http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...ticker.pdf?vin=

Use this link and add your vin after the = no space and you can view your window sticker. Don't click on the link just add vin and copy and paste.

How to Track Ford Factory Car Orders
You can also use this link but the build date stuff doesn't show up on superduty's like it does on F150's

Also you can pm Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com if you join thedieselstop this is a ford customer service rep, she also has a twitter account.
Sorry if this is not allowed to post links to other forums.

Once your build date is issued it will show up hear.FordEtis home page just enter your vin.

Mine was built 7 days after vin and took 3 weeks after it was built for dealer to get and I am in MI, only 4 hours away.
Great links, I got the window sticker and the build date 5/1/2013 with them, The window sticker said it was coming by rail so who knows how long that will take but it was built over a week ago .

Denny

Old 05-10-2013, 09:53 AM
albertatyke
Senior User
Thanks guys for all the links, although they don't seem to like my VIN number though

All I can pull up is that its a 6.2l and its either a F250, 350, 450, 650, and it's going to be built some time in 00000002

I'm just going to have to sit and wait whilst hitting my head against the wall

Thanks again, this really is a great site

Old 05-10-2013, 10:22 AM
goingnorth
Junior User
Originally Posted by albertatyke
Thanks guys for all the links, although they don't seem to like my VIN number though

All I can pull up is that its a 6.2l and its either a F250, 350, 450, 650, and it's going to be built some time in 00000002

I'm just going to have to sit and wait whilst hitting my head against the wall

Thanks again, this really is a great site
No build date has been issued yet, mine showed the same thing and did not show up untill 3 days after it was actually built. Was built 7 days after vin. available. Window sticker will be available once the truck is Bucked, that means parts are in, a couple days before it was built.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:06 PM
albertatyke
Senior User
well I got my window sticker today, all looks to be what I ordered, just have to wait for them to ship it now

Old 05-17-2013, 07:35 AM
goingnorth
Junior User
Waiting was the hardest part for me, now that I have it I can't drive it much because I drive 56 miles one way to work. I try to come up with projects just so I can go to lowes on the weekend and drive it. I do like this truck better than my 08 F350 or 10 F150, it turns and rides much better well worth the upgrade. My only real complaint is the shocks, I live on a dirt road and the back end skips around to much, I added Bilstiens 5100's with 500 miles on truck and now its perfect.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:22 PM
albertatyke
Senior User
So today, I called Ford Canada and asked how my truck was coming along, the lady told me that it was built on May 19th, and is now in transit, and would arrive at the dealer the around about June 12th and then they will want it for about a week to PDI it, so another 4 weeks waiting...

Old 05-22-2013, 07:14 AM
goingnorth
Junior User
Originally Posted by albertatyke
So today, I called Ford Canada and asked how my truck was coming along, the lady told me that it was built on May 19th, and is now in transit, and would arrive at the dealer the around about June 12th and then they will want it for about a week to PDI it, so another 4 weeks waiting...
When your truck comes in take a look at it and check the miles on it, let the dealer know you don't want any one to test drive it. Back in 96 I got a bronco and when it came in on a Friday I test drove it and it had 25 miles on it, (some vehicles hit a test track at the factory) they said the paperwork would be ready Monday, after I took care of the paperwork on Monday and went to leave it had like 350 miles on it, I went back in and complained and they let someone test drive it over the weekend and said as long as its less than 500 miles its still NEW. Never went back there again, and I will never sign untill I see the current milage.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:32 AM
Dave HM
Junior User
goingnorth, Man I feel for you, I cannot that stealership let someone rip around in it for the week end.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:46 PM
albertatyke
Senior User
That' a real ****ty trick to do to your customers, but as my old uncle would say, "car dealers, same as horse thieves"

Old 05-23-2013, 06:07 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
A week for PDI? My dealer threw a couple guys on mine and had it done in an afternoon...

Old 05-23-2013, 09:29 AM
albertatyke
Senior User
I think (hope) they wanted to give me a worse case scenario, they have to get the box sprayed and fit some accessories that I ordered, but hopefully they will get it done quicker.....

I'm bugging them every week asking "when it's coming"

Quick Reply: I got my VIN number today!