Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Texas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 75Three90

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Junior User

GMT is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thought I should introduce myself...

Scotty help me out a while back in becoming a member. I thought I was already a member, but I wasn't. It was more like I didn't know that I had to join the Chapter. But he made it painless and I embarrassed myself once again.

Anyway, I was born and raised in the Dallas area. Bounced around the outskirts and lived in Arlington, Garland and back in Dallas again. Eventually got married in 1990, moved back to Garland and lived there 22 years. We're now living in Lindale and loving it out here. My wife is officially retired, but I'm not quite there yet, as I'm a little younger than her. We're basically living off of her retirement money right now, so we'll see how that holds out. I might be back at work sooner or later. Might be a good thing so we don't kill each other.

I haven't always been a truck owner. Owned quite a few cars over the years. My first truck was a little 87? 88? Toyota. Good little truck. But you had to keep the revs high to keep from getting ran over on starts. I usually started off in second gear which helped a lot. Had to keep it in the high rev though to keep it from dying on you.

Eventually got a '99 F250 with V10. Man I loved that truck, even with all it's faults. I regret selling that big ol boy to this day. I should have just thrown another V10 in it and kept on driving it. I think the original motor had like 400,000+ miles.

Then got a chevy. It was ok once I fixed the injector/connector issue those '05 Duramax's had. It left me stranded a couple of times, though. One was when pulling my Mother's car back from Oklahoma in the middle of the night. Boy was I pee'd. I promised myself that night I was going to buy another Ford and never look back. Hey, they ain't perfect, either. But I'd rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy.

Finally did get back in a Ford just recently. You'll see in my sig what I drive now. I love the truck. No more diesel for this boy, though. I had my diesel fill with the cheby. I wanted the bigger 6.8L, but I've actually been quite happy with the smaller motor. It ain't going to win no races, but quite frankly I'm getting too old to race anyway, so it all works out.

Thanks for having me!

Garrett

Garrett
Old 05-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Postmaster

texans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to behold
Hey Garrett,
It's good to meet you. Stick around, you already know that we have some great guys here in the chapter. Hope we can get to know you, and maybe you can come to some of the meets.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Junior User

Thanks, Scotty! Looking forward to getting together with some of the bunch. Don't know how often fellers in East Texas get together, but would be nice to meet a few. How do I find out about meets in my area? Any special meets for those of us going through mid-life crisis?

Thanks again for having me.

Garrett
Old 05-09-2013, 04:19 PM
Postmaster

texans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to behold
Keep an eye out for a post on them. You can also start your own thread and see if anyone in your area wants to have a meet.

Can't help you on the mid life thing. Might ask Rocky about that, sorry Rock he ==> made me do it
Old 05-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Junior User

Cool. I'll keep an eye out. Might think about putting something together myself once I get to know who's who and where they all live. Not always easy bringing folks together, but sure worth a try.

Thanks and I'll just mosey around for a while and play catch up.

Garrett
Old 05-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Postmaster

You do know we have a TX chapter members map right? You can check it out and see who is around you.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans View Post
You do know we have a TX chapter members map right? You can check it out and see who is around you.
Yeah, I think I checked that out once and remember not really seeing a lot of folks around my area. I think I even tried to figure out how to add myself, but could never figure it out.

Garrett
Old 05-12-2013, 12:46 AM
Postmaster

Snuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to behold
snuggyworm snuggyworm Snuggyworm
hi Garrett! welcome. my wife's from dallas, and she doesnt let me keep a girlfriend. anyway, nice to know someone else from dallas.... besides my wife. dammit. lol.
Ravelco, Updated HFCM Plug, ScanGauge II, Blue Spring, Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter & Intake Elbow, Updated STC, SP & DP, Upgraded FICM (6/14/12), Performance Machine Mfg EGR Delete (5/13/13), Updated Turbo Oil Line & Drainpipe, Shell ELC, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Steering Stabilizer & Front Coils, Moog Ball Joints, Magnefine P.S. Filter, Jimmi Jammers, Fumoto, Riffraff Boots, 08 Mirrors, Hellwig
Old 05-12-2013, 06:42 AM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuggyworm View Post
hi Garrett! welcome. my wife's from dallas, and she doesnt let me keep a girlfriend. anyway, nice to know someone else from dallas.... besides my wife. dammit. lol.
Thanks, Dom. Dallas was a great place to live. Even better if you're single. Lots of fine ladies there. But the big city got tiring and we decided to try out the small town life. Loving it here in the East Texas piney woods.

One of my sisters used to live in metro Houston. I used to hop quick Southwest flights on weekends to go see her. But I was very young and hardly remember the place. I know it's crazy out there for traffic. Something I don't miss at all.

Thanks for the welcome!

Garrett
Old 05-12-2013, 09:16 AM
Postmaster

Snuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to behold
snuggyworm snuggyworm Snuggyworm
Tats cool. Glad u love the life now. I'm looking forward to getting out of Houston too. I was thinking further south into Richmond, tx.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:16 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Texas Chapter