Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Postmaster

Tomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputation
GSi1 XD
Lunch box truck build thread with pics!

Hi All,
This is my first highboy, it's a Heinz 57, or as I like to call it, "The Lunch Box Truck". I decided to put it in the dent side forum instead of the bump side because all of the running gear, the part I need help with, is from dent sides so I hope y'all don't mind. The trans is a '76 NP435, the front axle is from a '73-75 crew cab and the steering gearbox is from a '79, the cab is from a '71 F350 and the grill inserts are for a '70.....bla bla bla. I picked it up about two months ago in Missouri. PO1 started the resto over twenty years ago, they did a fine job of collecting all of the parts (the sheet metal is in fantastic shape) but never completely finished it. PO2, whom I bought it from, finished it, but did a **** poor job. PO2 gave it a 6" suspension lift, 2" body lift and 38 super swampers. I like the way it looks now, but I want to use it as a fair weather DD, so I'm in the process of lowering it. For now I am going to remove the body lift, take out 2" of suspension lift and go with either 285/70 -17s (34") or 35s.
I would like to say thanks to all of the kind folks from FTE that have already helped me with a few issues.

Click the image to open in full size.

'71 F350 build thread
2009 F250 6.4 XLT CC LB 4X4 - Sold, 2005 F250 6.0 XLT SC LB 4X4 - Sold, 2001 F250 5.4 XLT SC LB 4X4 - Sold
Old 05-03-2013, 10:01 PM
not a white truck

SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
SavageNFS SavageNFS
Nice truck buddy. I just love it!
Andre '11 F-250 6.7L, CCSB, FX4, Lariat Ultimate, not a white truck, 20" XD Badlands (-12 offset) w/35x12.5x20 Toyo Open Country MT, 5100 Bilsteins, 7100 Bilstein SS, Firestone Airbags w/AirLift Wireless, B&W, H&S MM, aFe CAI, aFe 4" delete pipe SS, 5" SS MBRP muffler/exhaust, LineX, Roll-N-Lock, Recon stuff - 2012 Becker 25' Aluminum Enclosed Trailer (hauling a Canned Ham, a PoPo and 3 Honduh's)-2011 Pinnacle 34RLTS
Old 05-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Postmaster

Tim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputationTim Young has a superb reputation
That is a nice clean truck, Looking good. I used to have a 76' now I wish I had it back.

2012 F350 DRW, CC, King Ranch, 5th wheel package, air bags with wireless controller, High idle Mod, no door bell and Edge CTS monitor.
2004 Eddie Bauer Explorer, My wife's daily driver
1969 Bronco, Under Construction
1968 F250 Camper Special, 390 my wife's truck she's had it for 30 years.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:49 PM
Posting Guru

NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.
I love your truck!

I would agree with you to tame it down just a little, I would remove the body lift and change out the tires and rims to something a little less aggressive and see how it looks before removing springs and blocks.

I have a 6" lift on mine and I use it about half the time as a DD and I find the size manageable in the Suburbs. I'm sure your truck would be easier to park where you are.

Keep us posted on your progress!

1979 Ford F-350 4X4 Ranger Lariat
400CI, Edelbrock Performer intake and 600CFM 4BBL
Borg Warner T18 4 Speed & NP205 T Case. Skyjaker 6" Lift

Old 05-04-2013, 07:48 AM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Looking great Gavin
Gerry- .... Slackmaster #23, avid snow hater
2006 F350 Lariat
2006 Mustang vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River Sand Piper 345RET 40ft Fiver
Old 05-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Postmaster

Tomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputation
GSi1 XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageNFS View Post
Nice truck buddy. I just love it!
Thanks Andre, I may have to take her on a little road trip to Wisconsin some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Young View Post
That is a nice clean truck, Looking good. I used to have a 76' now I wish I had it back.
Tim,
In the process of looking for a truck it seemed like there are was ton of highboys that were in great shape from Washington. You should get another one.
Thanks for the complement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC-Steve View Post
I love your truck!

I would agree with you to tame it down just a little, I would remove the body lift and change out the tires and rims to something a little less aggressive and see how it looks before removing springs and blocks.

I have a 6" lift on mine and I use it about half the time as a DD and I find the size manageable in the Suburbs. I'm sure your truck would be easier to park where you are.

Keep us posted on your progress!
Thanks Steve, your truck looks really nice, I love that color combo!
I want to get it down were I don't need to pull on the steering wheel and door handle to pull my fat **** in.
PO2 added a 2" block under the Skyjacker F746S front springs so I'm just going to remove the homemade blocks and keep the springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGGER View Post
Looking great Gavin
Thanks Gerry. The pic of the black truck was perfect! Those are the wheels I am going to get.

'71 F350 build thread
2009 F250 6.4 XLT CC LB 4X4 - Sold, 2005 F250 6.0 XLT SC LB 4X4 - Sold, 2001 F250 5.4 XLT SC LB 4X4 - Sold
Old 05-04-2013, 09:28 AM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Ok that's good to know, I guess that Scott got back to you then?
Gerry- .... Slackmaster #23, avid snow hater
2006 F350 Lariat
2006 Mustang vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River Sand Piper 345RET 40ft Fiver
Old 05-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Postmaster

GSi1 XD
Yes he did, thanks buddy!

'71 F350 build thread
Old 05-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Senior User

riverguideguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
thats an awesome truck dude i wouldnt lower it if i was you but its not my truck.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
Awesome ride Gavin!!
2011 F-350 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White / Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD 3.55 ELD / Gone but not forgotten.
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced / FTE Forum Guidelines

RIP Steve (Bricks) Price........Godspeed my good friend. RIP Paul / Hdslider.....you are truly missed.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Posting Guru

NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.NBC-Steve has a great reputation on FTE.
Good point on those blocks on the front springs, I would remove those too if I was in your shoes and level out the truck.

Again.... Very NICE truck!

Reminds me of my very first truck when I was 17 back in 1979. I had a 1972 F250 Ranger XLT CS. Bumpsides definitly tug on the old setimental heart strings especially as nice as yours.

This was mine back in 1980 (or 81). I couldn't afford the 1979 model yet, that would be 2 or 3 years down the road.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Postmaster

GSi1 XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverguideguy View Post
thats an awesome truck dude i wouldnt lower it if i was you but its not my truck.
Thanks riverguideguy, but I almost pull my hamstring the last time I got into it........without a ladder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke72 View Post
Awesome ride Gavin!!
Thanks John, sure beats the green one I almost got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC-Steve View Post
Good point on those blocks on the front springs, I would remove those too if I was in your shoes and level out the truck.

Again.... Very NICE truck!

Reminds me of my very first truck when I was 17 back in 1979. I had a 1972 F250 Ranger XLT CS. Bumpsides definitly tug on the old setimental heart strings especially as nice as yours.

This was mine back in 1980 (or 81). I couldn't afford the 1979 model yet, that would be 2 or 3 years down the road.

That's the plan Steve, get the front end down and then level it.

That is a sweet '72. Is that a Honda in the driveway?

'71 F350 build thread
Old 05-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk View Post
Thanks John, sure beats the green one I almost got.
Well, I wasn't going to say anything....but I'd have to agree.
2011 F-350 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White / Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD 3.55 ELD / Gone but not forgotten.
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced / FTE Forum Guidelines

RIP Steve (Bricks) Price........Godspeed my good friend. RIP Paul / Hdslider.....you are truly missed.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
That is a sweet '72. Is that a Honda in the driveway?
Thanks and Good eye! Yes that was my roommates RD400 (Rapid Death). I'm not a bike guy but I did learn how to ride on that bike. Used to scare the cr*%p out of me but I got on it and lived to tell the tail.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Elder User

scott79 has a good reputation on FTE.scott79 has a good reputation on FTE.
Mark, Your truck looks awesome man...JMO here, I would probably lower it a few inches if it was mine but I still like it alot...I can't wait to see it with the new M/T wheels, I think you will love them!!
Old 05-04-2013, 09:26 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks