Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2013, 11:34 AM
New User

dthomas24 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Broke loose doing 50 - or just my imagination?

Hey Guys - I was driving with my family the other day on a two lane, of course the creeper in a foreign compact doing about 40 in a 55 was in my "way". I looked for my opening and once the coast was clear nailed it the tach went up, I felt the G's push me back in my seat and about the time my rear bumper was about the clear the little compact I could swear the back wheels decided to spin. I let up and merged over, but I was curious if you believe this was really the case or was I just feeling something else.

The tach was around 5k and it downshifted and did its job. I just really need to be careful though if it did break loose, then I and others need to be aware, since it could come around. to be honest this 6.2 is the biggest engine I have ever owned. I used to drive my cousins old torino witjh a 429 police interceptor and it would spin as long as you wanted or until the tires blew, up to you, but fun as h**l.

Just thought I would ask and start a little dialogue about the 6.2 and its great power. By the way, I never had this happen while passing in my 3.5 Ecoboost which I traded in on the SD.

Last edited by dthomas24; 05-03-2013 at 11:36 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 05-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Senior User

Amelio is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would have to so no it did not break loose....was it wet? If it was wet maybe you hit a patch of oil in the wet. I will not say never because anything is possible....the 6.2 makes good power but not that kinda power. My truck will break loose in the wet from a 10-15 mph roll but never anything faster. The power requirement to make a big heavy truck do that is huge.

If it was not wet out and you did not hit some kind of a greasy patch it is highly unlikely the tire broke loose.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:11 PM
New User

dthomas24 is starting off with a positive reputation.
dry road

I didn't think it would actually do it, but it felt like it did and I let up pretty quickly when it did whatever it was, The road was dry and it was flat and open so it sort of surprised me a little. likely it was just the downshift and the amount of torque applied at the time that felt like a hard shift. I was a overly cautious since I did have passengers too, so I let up quick and also was pretty hesitant on thrashing the drive line, just trying to get more used to the characteristics. It has a lot of power and the high rpms along with the six speed will take a little getting used to. Maybe I should go to that Ohio meet and see how some of the others do it.

I did get me a set of lights to rig up on the back end, and plan to hook em up through one of the upfitter switched, will post up some pix later if this rains lets up.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:11 PM