Old 05-06-2013, 11:34 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
From the AGFC website:

Feral Hog Hunting Regulations

Hunting and Shooting Feral Hogs

On private land:
Feral hogs may be killed or trapped year-round, day or night, by a landowner or anyone with the landowner’s permission. Hunters do not need a hunting license to kill feral hogs on private land, but anyone who has had his or her hunting license revoked may not hunt them. All general regulations for hunting safety should be observed. On Wildlife Management Areas:
Hunters may kill feral hogs on WMAs during daylight hours during any open hunting season. They must use a weapon that is legal for that season.
  • During special WMA permit hunts, only permit holders may be on the WMA.
  • Feral hogs killed on WMAs can be taken for processing or left where they were shot.
  • Hunters may not use dogs, bait or traps to hunt feral hogs on WMAs.
  • Hunters may not hunt hogs at night on WMAs.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:50 AM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Exactly! That's what I was talking about catching and cutting
OUCH!!! that's all I can say.

-The Great

Old 05-06-2013, 11:55 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by CLINT-THE-GREAT
OUCH!!! that's all I can say.

-The Great
Ya just gotta hope momma has run far away before starting, they do tend to do a lot of squealing when you start cutting. Used to set traps to catch the little ones, now that most of the land in the area is leased by deer clubs we pretty much leave them alone.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:36 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
And since you lease to Deer Clubs, they probably just shoot the boars and leave them lay?

-The Great

Old 05-06-2013, 12:54 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by CLINT-THE-GREAT
And since you lease to Deer Clubs, they probably just shoot the boars and leave them lay?

-The Great
For the most part it is up to the member if they want it or not.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:37 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
From the AGFC website:

Feral Hog Hunting Regulations

Hunting and Shooting Feral Hogs

On private land:
Feral hogs may be killed or trapped year-round, day or night, by a landowner or anyone with the landowner’s permission.
Hunters do not need a hunting license to kill feral hogs on private land, but anyone who has had his or her hunting license revoked may not hunt them. All general regulations for hunting safety should be observed. On Wildlife Management Areas:
Hunters may kill feral hogs on WMAs during daylight hours during any open hunting season. They must use a weapon that is legal for that season.
  • During special WMA permit hunts, only permit holders may be on the WMA.
  • Feral hogs killed on WMAs can be taken for processing or left where they were shot.
  • Hunters may not use dogs, bait or traps to hunt feral hogs on WMAs.
  • Hunters may not hunt hogs at night on WMAs.

Well now this opens up possibilities for when the game warden catches you "harassing the wildlife"... "No sir we're just out here looking for wild hogs" -lol

Old 05-06-2013, 03:08 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by tojoski
Well now this opens up possibilities for when the game warden catches you "harassing the wildlife"... "No sir we're just out here looking for wild hogs" -lol
Wellll...... here's a paragraph from the FAQ on the AGFC website:

Can I use spotlights to hunt

wild hogs on private land?

Yes, but it’s a good idea to contact your

local wildlife officer before the hunt to avoid

confusion with poaching.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:33 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
But warden, i'm always out looking for wild hogs! Oh, that deer that's in the back of the truck....ummm the hog musta killed it. Don't worry about that, just cleaning up the wilderness.

-The Great

Old 05-17-2013, 10:18 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, this thread has all but died! I guess everyone is too busy getting ready for the shin dig tomorrow.

I've been trying to post a link to a YouTube video of a steam powered sawmill in Oregon a buddy of mine that's into antique machinery sent me. For what ever reason I thought of you Jeff as I was watching them work the mill. You'll notice I said...I've been trying to post. The FTE server apparently doesn't like YouTube links. Or I'm not special enough to post those kind of things?

Old 05-23-2013, 05:41 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by zhilton
Wow, this thread has all but died! I guess everyone is too busy getting ready for the shin dig tomorrow.

I've been trying to post a link to a YouTube video of a steam powered sawmill in Oregon a buddy of mine that's into antique machinery sent me. For what ever reason I thought of you Jeff as I was watching them work the mill. You'll notice I said...I've been trying to post. The FTE server apparently doesn't like YouTube links. Or I'm not special enough to post those kind of things?
I was looking at some of my posts from last year where I had posted embedded youtube vids and they look like gibberish code now.

Apparently FTE changed something forum wise or google changed something.. looks like the only way to link it is a link to the youtube page.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:00 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well tomorrow is the end of the school year here in FSM, where did it go? And more importantly, the wife and I have to pay for child care for the next 3 months. I knew a good deal wouldn't last forever.
Apparently FTE changed something forum wise or google changed something.. looks like the only way to link it is a link to the youtube page.
That is what I was trying to do. Guess it's time to get the moderator in here to enlighten us where we've gone wrong. And before he makes some comment about the engine under the hood of my truck...my truck was there Saturday; 'nuff said!

Old 05-25-2013, 10:08 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Old 05-25-2013, 08:59 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Some times I really hate this website. Some how got hooked on looking for 78/79 Broncos. Pretty much have given up on finding a 73-79 crewcab, supercab wont be big enough for the family, dont want to sell my 77 F250 4x4 nor convert my '86 to a 4x4 since its to damn big to go playing in.

Part of this years hatch.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:19 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Happy Memorial Day!!! Thank you to all have served to make our country safe and enjoy our freedoms. I personally appreciate it.

-The Great

Old 05-27-2013, 11:26 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Been out of town for a few days. AT&T is pretty spotty in NW Missouri. How was every bodies weekend?

Zach. You sent me a link to this thread. Which reply were you asking about?

Quick Reply: MAY Chat / Off topic thread