Custom supercharger drive extension

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 04:24 AM
Brant Bowrifle
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom supercharger drive extension

Figured I'd post the question here while I'm rolling this over in my mind. Before I get the TVS Magnacharger mounted on my diesel I want to make sure I can't fairly easily extend the nose drive. It's not necessary that the air outlet is directed right over the intake but it is preferable. If mounted as it comes up to the crank pulley now, the supercharger is somewhat more forward than I would like. I can go with a jackshaft setup but I don't really want to. With the intake inlet on the front of the supercharger Magnuson doesn't leave extension options except for the jackshaft. I am considering the possibility of adapting over a whipple or other drive nose with the shaft bolted to the TVS pulley surface and the housing of the drive bolted to a steel plate. So my other question is, is there a drive extension out there that goes off the stock drive of a supercharger much like the one I described? I swear I've seen something like that before, I believe for the 6-71 setups, but I can't remember where. If I could find such an adapter I could easily modify it. I would appreciate some opinions from you guys if you have some critical thoughts or ideas concerning what I'm trying to do. Until then I will continue to try and come up with a solution before I stick with what I have. Thanks.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:44 AM
Brant Bowrifle
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is kind of a poor illustration but it gives you an idea of what I'm looking for. There probably isn't an extension out there that will work but I'll keep looking.