Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

This '98 NASCAR truck is my first 2x truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 04:13 AM
brcrk
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This '98 NASCAR truck is my first 2x truck

I am real excited about my recent purchase of this 1998 NASCAR truck. It is my first 2x truck...well not counting my 2004 F150 "Sunday-go-to-meeting" truck.... I have ever had. I have had counting my '04, I have had 23 trucks and all have been 4x's (well except for my '66 Ford Drag truck...well, you cant classify it as a "truck since I cut the bed out to accept the 35" tires to anchor the 1100hp Windsor/Cleveland/Ford Racing motor in it)...LOL...I still laugh every time I think of that truck.....I raced it as a bracket racer but in this particular night I was at Ware Shoals S.C drag strip in a heads up race...I knew that truck would turn 8's which I had been racing it in the 10's....anyway, I turned it loose, broke the bars, flipped the truck, mashed the rear and the cab....so they were this guy that was watching my truk and my friends (Good Vibrations..a 9 sec shvy2) anyway he wanted the wrecked truck ...really he ust wanted the motor I built.

So, This is really the first 2x I have owned. Every 4x I've had, I have lifted it(I guess I am compensating for an inadequacy....LOL (no but really, do ya'll get a rash when "it" rubs against your knee constantly?

But I really enjoy that NASCAR truck. It's got just enough passing gass, its got comfort(Although my 04 is loaded..)..I just like that NASCAR truck.......aint that what matters?

Old 04-29-2013, 03:42 PM
AzPete
Posting Guru
Sounds good but what does it look like....¿¿¿¿

Old 04-29-2013, 07:17 PM
brcrk
Senior User
Originally Posted by AzPete
Sounds good but what does it look like....¿¿¿¿
Well believe it or not I havent had a chance to take a picture of it. It has been raining constantly down here in the SE and I haven't had a day to clean
er up...but it looks EXACTLY like this:

Old 04-29-2013, 09:54 PM
brcrk
Senior User
Originally Posted by brcrk
Well believe it or not I havent had a chance to take a picture of it. It has been raining constantly down here in the SE and I haven't had a day to clean
er up...but it looks EXACTLY like this:

I wish knew who's picture I was stealing off of google because his truck and mine look just that the same and I never once proclaimed your beautiful truck to be my own!!

Old 04-30-2013, 02:56 AM
brcrk
Senior User
This truck is about to as close to getting to the "feel" of a "supercar" as one can get in a truck. I once had a '94 Nissan 300zx turbo and when you sat down "in" it, it felt like a cockpit (Which was a cop magnet). At the time it was the fastest mass production car made (at that time). And it felt so great. Well I have set my *** in a many of great trucks as well....i.e. from my own drag truck that would turn 160+ in the 1/4 mile, from my own 12-14" lifted CJ5, from my hunting buddy who has a very nice 2010 Lincoln truck. I just Like that in-between status. I have that "nite" with 35's and 2 lockers and it will go pretty much where I want to go, then "now" I have the '98 NASCAR Truck with that poor *** 4.6 but has potential...then I have of course my '04 Sunday-go-to-meeting truck(just a plain ole' dual cab white Ford).....

I just wonder how strong that 4.6 in the NASCAR Truck and how far can I push it? I dont want to go too far as I am tired of getting 8 mpg....so a turbo or blower would be great if it can handle it. I know the same "blown" motor is is the "Lightning and in the "Super Coupe's"......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOps: Edit...the Super Coupe had a V-6....sorry...I forgot...just a brain fart

Old 04-30-2013, 09:05 AM
AzPete
Posting Guru

I just wonder how strong that 4.6 in the NASCAR Truck and how far can I push it? I dont want to go too far as I am tired of getting 8 mpg....so a turbo or blower would be great if it can handle it. I know the same "blown" motor is is the "Lightning and in the "Super Coupe's"......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOps: Edit...the Super Coupe had a V-6....sorry...I forgot...just a brain fart
The Gen 2 Lightning is a supercharged 5.4...not the 4.6.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
This truck is about to as close to getting to the "feel" of a "supercar" as one can get in a truck.
Not quite.

I just wonder how strong that 4.6 in the NASCAR Truck and how far can I push it? I dont want to go too far as I am tired of getting 8 mpg....so a turbo or blower would be great if it can handle it. I know the same "blown" motor is is the "Lightning....
As has already been stated, the Gen 2 L's have the 5.4L engine. The Gen 1's have the 351W.

Also, Stock and mildy modded Gen 2 L's will give you 15+ MPG city/hwy driving.

Stewart

Old 04-30-2013, 12:50 PM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Those NASCAR trucks are pretty cool. You do not see very many any more. I think a lot of owners removed all of the decals and kinda of destroyed what they were by taking them apart. I haven't seen one up this way in years.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:37 PM
brcrk
Senior User
Originally Posted by 1ATony
Those NASCAR trucks are pretty cool. You do not see very many any more. I think a lot of owners removed all of the decals and kinda of destroyed what they were by taking them apart. I haven't seen one up this way in years.
Thank you Tony for responding....ust checked out your web-site and for someone like myself, that lives up here in the mountains, our auto suppliers are sparest at best so you're web site is intriguing indeed and you can expect me as a future customer.

Thanks,
Taylor

Old 05-01-2013, 12:48 PM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Thank you Tony for responding....ust checked out your web-site and for someone like myself, that lives up here in the mountains, our auto suppliers are sparest at best so you're web site is intriguing indeed and you can expect me as a future customer.

Thanks,
Taylor
Thanks Taylor, I'm actually a huge NASCAR fan, so I enjoyed seeing these cool trucks when they hit the street back in the day.

I'm heading down to Charlotte NC in a few weeks and staying in Mooresville with a buddy. I'll probably check out the Hall Of Fame and a few of the race shops. We're hitting the Coca-Cola 600 on Sunday, gonna be a long race...lol

Old 05-01-2013, 01:39 PM
brcrk
Senior User
Originally Posted by 1ATony
......We're hitting the Coca-Cola 600 on Sundayl
God I hate you...LOL. Would LOVE to go. I have been to Atlanta, Talladega and Bristol. But I have always wanted to go to Charlotte and go check out the dirt track racing across the road then catch then go to the 600!!

Just be safe and think about me when you hear 36,000+ hp crank up at the beginning of the race

Old 05-01-2013, 01:59 PM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
God I hate you...LOL. Would LOVE to go. I have been to Atlanta, Talladega and Bristol. But I have always wanted to go to Charlotte and go check out the dirt track racing across the road then catch then go to the 600!!

Just be safe and think about me when you hear 36,000+ hp crank up at the beginning of the race
LOl....thanks bud. I'm staying at my buddies house, he lives like a mile from Joe Gibbs racing.

Should be an awesome road trip.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts

Thanks,
Taylor
You won't be disappointed.

Because of Tony and 1A's support of FTE, 1A Auto has gotten quite a few of my dollars!

Stewart

Old 05-01-2013, 06:11 PM
brcrk
Senior User
Originally Posted by Stewart_H

Because of Tony and 1A's support of FTE, 1A Auto has gotten quite a few of my dollars!

Stewart
Thanks for that conformation Stewart!!!

Old 05-01-2013, 06:13 PM
brcrk
Senior User
Originally Posted by Stewart_H

Stewart
Tony, looks like you are gaining response, popularity, work and orders!!

Be Safe on you're trip to NC!!!!

Thanks Tony

Quick Reply: This '98 NASCAR truck is my first 2x truck