Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Postmaster

jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.
Where old trucks go when they die...

I know alot of you are like me and enjoy wandering through old yards for treasures and trinkets so after my afternoon the other day I figured I would share some of the pictures I took.

My friend and I wandered for 3 hours (ran out of time) and I know we missed some area's it was rolling hills with gulleys and we just skimmed the perimeter. Also I focused my pictures on trucks, lots of studes and other neat cars there as well.

Enjoy !!!

photo 20130425_163419_zpsad06a426.jpg

A few additional pics here.

L And L Classic Auto April 2013 Photos by jfmadsen | Photobucket
Old 04-26-2013, 06:09 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

dynamic is a name known to alldynamic is a name known to alldynamic is a name known to alldynamic is a name known to alldynamic is a name known to alldynamic is a name known to all
great photos.... thanks for sharing.

I was so intrigued that I went on to google and found the aerial shot.
Attached Images

Click Here to become a RI Chapter Member

Tom - Rhode Island Chapter Leader

"Speed is just a question of money... How fast can you go?" - Mad Max
Old 04-26-2013, 06:09 PM
Postmaster

abe has a very good reputation on FTE.abe has a very good reputation on FTE.abe has a very good reputation on FTE.abe has a very good reputation on FTE.
Wow! All I can say is Wow!. I bet you had a good time.

Must be nice to live in a dry climate. There is a junk yard near my place in PA that has not taken anything since the 80's. There are lots and lots of old cars and trucks from the late 40's on up to the late 70's. The old man is 89. And he never crushed anything. There are trucks that have sunk down into the mud, some with trees growing through them. The daughter is now crushing them to help with her father's income. I will show pictures later.

abe
FTE member since March '98
1954 F-100, bought from Grandpa in 1977 for $200
1970 F-350 flatbed dump, purchased 9/20/12
Old 04-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Postmaster

jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.
Thats a great aerial shot, gives an idea of the size of the place. Thanks for posting.

Yes we had a blast of a time wandering around. we didn't even have time to think about buying anything. some stuff they will sell parts off of and the others they sell complete (or wish they could). (they are not cheap) $3500 for complete projects depending on the one, and core engines (flatheads) are $800 and up..
Old 04-26-2013, 06:23 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by abe View Post

Must be nice to live in a dry climate. Im about 3 hours from this place. but yes still pretty dry

The daughter is now crushing them to help with her father's income. I will show pictures later.
Thats a sad story I think we all hear way to often, wish they would let them go long before they are turned to dust or crushed...
Old 04-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Senior User

tigerfan79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
It's a humbling feeling to see nicer things in a junkyard than I are currently working on....
Old 04-26-2013, 06:29 PM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud of
No danger of them running out of stock at those prices. Even for a COE in good shape, $3500 is L.A. pricing, a thousand dollars worth of shipping from L.A.

Caught the pic of that Merc B&B clutch! Lots of decent express beds there, too!
Old 04-26-2013, 06:34 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1 View Post
No danger of them running out of stock at those prices. Exactly my thoughts

Caught the pic of that Merc B&B clutch! Ya I almost carried it out of there too but my arm probably would have fallen off in the process, then I probably would have dropped it on my toe when I ask how much $ LOL

Lots of decent express beds there, too!
Yep. I may be back there someday???
Old 04-26-2013, 07:07 PM
Dave

Olweldinrig is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Olweldinrig is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
David LaRose
Wow...Is that Kelly FORD truck a 32,3 or 4.Someone should grab it!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Old guy with old toys

raytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to behold
Wow, Wow, thanks for putting up all these pictures. The stories those old vehicles could tell if they could communicate.
2007 F150 SC. Driven once in a while. 2015 Escape SE EB 1.6 Wife's ride
If there’s one thing that the government is highly skilled at, it is creating excessive amounts of bureaucracy and extra layers of red tape for people to wade through.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Elder User

ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.
What a fun place to spend a couple of days.

What Toy Should I Play With Today
Still A Kid After All These Years.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Postmaster

jim collins has a good reputation on FTE.jim collins has a good reputation on FTE.jim collins has a good reputation on FTE.
I live about 2 hours west of there and have driven by many times though the years but never stopped . I knew it was Idaho from the back ground and after seeing the truck with a name of an Idaho town painted on it i have visited a lot. Yes the climate has saved those trucks and cars but the outrages prices they had on stuff saved them longer. You could get good parts and complete vehicals if you wanted to spend the bucks , pretty hard to deal with in the past. Now it looks like the family is going to clear it out . One the last and may be the last big yard left in this area. It's not very far out of town so I expect to see new housing going in there since it is property that is in use. A lot of the surrounding land is protected land meaning ,no development. Another old yard gone forever.

35 chevy street rod 200 4/R , 350 crate engine.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
Saved to my screen saver, thanks.
48/51 F-4 flatbed (2 in 1)/49 8N tractor

www.fatfenderedtrucks.com

Old 04-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Post Fiend

56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
I think yards like this that think they have gold should get together with all the venders make a deal that gives them a small royalty for all the parts that are sold to bring them back to life, that way they'd have a better chance getting rid of thier inventory and still have an income. This way everyone would win. It's also great that the guy lets you walk around his yard, there's not many that will let you these days around here anyways.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:00 PM
Postmaster

jim collins has a good reputation on FTE.jim collins has a good reputation on FTE.jim collins has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56panelford View Post
I think yards like this that think they have gold should get together with all the venders make a deal that gives them a small royalty for all the parts that are sold to bring them back to life, that way they'd have a better chance getting rid of thier inventory and still have an income. This way everyone would win. It's also great that the guy lets you walk around his yard, there's not many that will let you these days around here anyways.

__John, we are friendly here in southern Idaho ,____ L.O.L. Been here for over 60 years but have never walked though that yard . Of course I know about the Rattle Snakes you have to watch out for and I am afraid of snakes.L.O.L . There's huge areas of Lava flows in that area which are pretty interesting to somebody that's never seen them.__

35 chevy street rod 200 4/R , 350 crate engine.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:00 PM