Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2013, 11:30 AM
Elder User

FP has a good reputation on FTE.FP has a good reputation on FTE.FP has a good reputation on FTE.
Fernando P Martinez
Where is the Iola event?

Old 04-29-2013, 11:54 AM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
Iola, Wisconsin.

All of the information is in the link posted in my last post.
48/51 F-4 flatbed (2 in 1)/49 8N tractor

www.fatfenderedtrucks.com

Old 04-29-2013, 12:21 PM
Senior User

HkyswiM is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ill put it on the calendar and hopefully can make it. Are there many f100 parts? Or do you guys know of a meet where there should be a good selection?
Old 04-29-2013, 12:50 PM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
It's hard to say what is gong to show up at any swap meet. For the last ten year or so Jefferson has been mainly Chevy stuff. Every once in a while I'd find a part or two for my trucks. I mainly because it's a swap meet and I like the exercise.

Iola seem to me to have more odd stuff for a larger variety of vehicles. I would say you'd have a better chance of finding parts at Iola. I was also told the meet in August in Elkhorn, put on by the same people that do Jefferson, is suppose to be pretty good. I went there once 25 years ago. I'm going to try to make it down there this summer.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:23 PM
New User

51fordman88 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The last time I made it to Elkhorn it was a HOT one. I think most of the swap is on pavement there, so it gets pretty hot, and it is tough on the feet. I know I walked all morning at Jefferson, and I woke up Sunday feeling like I was run over by a mack truck. I don't get it. I can run 3 miles and not feel that bad?
Iola is a lot worse because of the rolling hills. You feel that the next two to three days. It does have more older car parts. Jefferson is more of the late model stuff. There are a couple ford guys there. I did see a couple flathead guys at Jefferson.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Post Fiend

It just might be me but it seems Fall Jefferson has more to offer. Maybe because some of the people have finished their projects and want to get rid of the left overs. It also could be that Spring Jefferson has such an awful reputation as a mud pit. Fall Jefferson is usually a nice Autumn weekend.

I can kind of remember Elkhorn being hot, but like I typed, I think I was there only once many years ago. My neighbor likes selling there better than Jefferson because he says there are more Flatlanders that come up and they have deeper pockets than us tight wad Wisconsinites.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:19 PM
Freshman User

Redgranite_Yooper is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've been going to Iola for 21 years, it is a lot of fun. I usually cover it all in one day, but I've sold stuff with my family in the past and I recall finding things that I some how walked by 3 or 4 times. It's just so hard to find small stuff, so if I find any F1 stuff I usually just ask them if they have more, it's much faster that way. As for weather, it's always hot, and bad years, you may see thunder storms. Check the weather first. Can't wait till July 12th
Old 04-29-2013, 05:46 PM
I'll have the Roast Duck

havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
Havi Proprietor
All this swap meet talk is getting me itchy, lol.

I might make it to Iola this year. Otherwise, Grand rapids, MN is another I'll try to get to.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:47 PM
I'll have the Roast Duck

havi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to allhavi is a name known to all
Havi Proprietor
All this swap meet talk is getting me itchy, lol.

I might make it to Iola this year. Otherwise, Grand rapids, MN is another I'll try to get to.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:02 PM
Post Fiend

When the date for Iola gets closer we should make a plan to meet up to put a face on name. The big tower is a good meeting place.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:02 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks