Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Senior User

abranz is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sway bar & air bags

I installed a hellwig sway bar which improved body roll and rear steer tremendously. Air lift bags corrected the rear sag in particular with a load or towing. Installs went fine. Thought I would post my results for others contemplating suspension upgrades. These two where huge improvements.
Anthony
Old 04-22-2013, 12:29 AM
Elder User

Technologiq is a splendid one to beholdTechnologiq is a splendid one to beholdTechnologiq is a splendid one to beholdTechnologiq is a splendid one to beholdTechnologiq is a splendid one to beholdTechnologiq is a splendid one to beholdTechnologiq is a splendid one to behold
Jlynnes
Quote:
Originally Posted by abranz View Post
I installed a hellwig sway bar which improved body roll and rear steer tremendously. Air lift bags corrected the rear sag in particular with a load or towing. Installs went fine. Thought I would post my results for others contemplating suspension upgrades. These two where huge improvements.
Anthony
How difficult was the install on both? Which air lift bags did you get?
2002 Ford Excursion XLT Premium 4x4 V10, Firestone Ride-Rites, '08 Mirrors, Powerstop: Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Performance Calipers & Ceramic pads, Flowmaster 70, Pioneer AVH-4000NEX, Alpine Components, Kenwood 300W amp, Sony 12" Sub, Viper Alarm & Remote Start, '05 Headlights & Grille, 5000k 55W Bi-Xenon Bulbs 64k
2013 Aspen Trail 2810BHS,
Old 04-22-2013, 07:31 AM
Senior User

9905 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.9905 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
interested also
2003 7.3 diesel 4x4 Eddie Bauer. Mod V & B code springs, Hellwig rear sway bar, RAS (temparily removed), Isspro pillar gauges, 6637 intake, Magnaflow 4" stainless exhaust, DP F5 tuner, AIH delete, CCV mod, redhead steering gear box, FRx, HPX, WW2.

Hobby or Money Pit?
Old 04-22-2013, 08:07 AM
Elder User

ScaldedDog has a great reputation on FTE.ScaldedDog has a great reputation on FTE.ScaldedDog has a great reputation on FTE.ScaldedDog has a great reputation on FTE.
It looks like he said Air Lift. I did this same thing years ago, and have been happy. Install was easy, other than securing an 8000lb truck on jackstands. The OP's experience is much more recent than mine, so he can probably fill in the details I've forgotten.

Mark
2001 Excursion 4x4, Western Diesel gauges, custom tunes, T500, ATS housing, TM wastegate controller, 6637, MBRP 4" exhaust, 6.0 tranny cooler, BTS, BFG AT 275/70-18's, Red Head steering box, Hellwig sway bar, v-codes/AirLift bags
Old 04-23-2013, 12:43 AM
Senior User

abranz is starting off with a positive reputation.
Install was straight forward on both. The instructions for the hellwig bar left a lot to be desired but the airlift bag install ones were better. Nothing other than regular hand tools, jack, stable stands, and beer. I posted this because the change was so dramatic I couldn't believe it. Far more than most changes I've done. Well, the front leaf spring v-code springs where quite a change also since the oe leafs were shot. This tank really is beginning to drive great. Many thanks to those on this site that paved the way for the rest of us.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:27 AM
Elder User

Technologiq is a splendid one to beholdTechnologiq is a splendid one to beholdTechnologiq is a splendid one to beholdTechnologiq is a splendid one to beholdTechnologiq is a splendid one to beholdTechnologiq is a splendid one to beholdTechnologiq is a splendid one to behold
Jlynnes
Quote:
Originally Posted by abranz View Post
Install was straight forward on both. The instructions for the hellwig bar left a lot to be desired but the airlift bag install ones were better. Nothing other than regular hand tools, jack, stable stands, and beer. I posted this because the change was so dramatic I couldn't believe it. Far more than most changes I've done. Well, the front leaf spring v-code springs where quite a change also since the oe leafs were shot. This tank really is beginning to drive great. Many thanks to those on this site that paved the way for the rest of us.
Did you remove the bumpstops when you installed the airbags?
2002 Ford Excursion XLT Premium 4x4 V10, Firestone Ride-Rites, '08 Mirrors, Powerstop: Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Performance Calipers & Ceramic pads, Flowmaster 70, Pioneer AVH-4000NEX, Alpine Components, Kenwood 300W amp, Sony 12" Sub, Viper Alarm & Remote Start, '05 Headlights & Grille, 5000k 55W Bi-Xenon Bulbs 64k
2013 Aspen Trail 2810BHS,
Old 04-25-2013, 07:27 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs