Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2013, 12:38 PM
New User

Shullster32 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Service Engine Soon Light-need help!

I have a 2000 ford f250 7.3liter 6 speed manual, and i recently just bought a EZ1000 edge chip for my truck. i hooked it up no problem only took a few minutes. started it up and ran great! i ran it for probalby 5 miles and shut it off. I then changed the power level setting to the level 4 (60hp). I then ran my truck for about 15 to 20 miles and it started to shut off on me and i had to pull of to the side of the rode. i had no power stearing or power brakes. I then turned it off, checked then batterie connection, then started it back up and the service engine soon light came on. The chip also wasnt giving me the hp gains, it went back to stock. I took the chip out and still i went to start the truck and the Service Engine Light was on, and still hastn gone off. I plugged the chip back in and it still wasnt working. THen i turned it off and started the truck again and the chip was working, but after about 10 miles it did the same thing and shut off. Please help, idk whether it was still going to happen even if i had not bought the chip, or the chip was the problem. and if so is there a diagnostic for it. Thanks
Old 04-20-2013, 12:38 PM