Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Box Style Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-14-2013, 09:52 AM
Junior User

leewiffen is starting off with a positive reputation.
59 F100 turn signals

Any auto electricians out there?

On the side light / indicator lights on the front, with the dual filament bulb, is one wire going in for the side light and the other for the turn signal with the ground being provided from the lamp housing which is attached to the main front grille ?
Old 04-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Senior User

F-100CustomCabTBC is starting off with a positive reputation.
I believe that is correct. I think when I was wiring mine up I held the housing on the Neg. terminal of a 9V battery and hooked each wire up to the positive terminal just to make sure each filliment lit up which they did.
'58 F-100 Resto Project: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/79...project-2.html
Old 04-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Elder User

Damifiknow is starting off with a positive reputation.
Correct. Wiring Diagram shows yellow is lights from dash switch, blue is pass and green is drivers turn signals.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Junior User

Some time ago I cut the power wire which was connected the side light to the new headlights I fitted leaving the indicators working. It has been fine for a while . Recently the indicators stopped working. I changed the flasher unit, checked all the bulbs...no joy. I fiddled with the fuses on the light switch and they started to work, but intermittently and strangely the electric fuel pump that is fitted was heard to be clicking. I thought bad ground, but despite connecting one of the front bulb holders direct to ground of the battery, taking the light switch out and cleaning it all up, the turn signals are still intermittent when I connect them to the white wire that is part of the dual plug up by the radiator.....any clues?
Old 04-14-2013, 02:31 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leewiffen View Post
Some time ago I cut the power wire which was connected the side light to the new headlights I fitted leaving the indicators working. It has been fine for a while . Recently the indicators stopped working. I changed the flasher unit, checked all the bulbs...no joy. I fiddled with the fuses on the light switch and they started to work, but intermittently and strangely the electric fuel pump that is fitted was heard to be clicking. I thought bad ground, but despite connecting one of the front bulb holders direct to ground of the battery, taking the light switch out and cleaning it all up, the turn signals are still intermittent when I connect them to the white wire that is part of the dual plug up by the radiator.....any clues?

White/blue tracer is pass to directional switch
Green/white tracer is drivers to directional switch
black/yellow tracer is from light switch on dash for parking lights.

Hope this helps.

I dont know about how electric fuel pump is wired. Sounds like you need to invest in a wiring diagram. Ebay laminated is clear and only about 20 bucks.

www.classiccarwiring.com or 917 861 9131
Old 04-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Junior User

Well this where I'm at.....I have cleaned and grounded all the individual fittings, front and rear. Renewed all the bulbs. When I put on the ignition and use the turn signal on the steering column the lamps light, but do not blink, but, if I fiddle with the indicator stalk they will intermittently blink whilst making the aftermarket electric fuel pump operate !! This pump has a feed coming directly from the ignition switch, through a ten amp fuse and fuse holder and grounded direct to the chassis
Old 04-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Elder User

how many threads are going to start about this?
Old 04-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Post Fiend

spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.
That is why it is referred to as AC/DC theory!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:19 PM