Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Post Fiend

parkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud of
Small, solid axles .....

I'm trying to find small powertrain parts for a go kart project.
I've been looking for 1/4 ton manual shift, 4x4 trucks / parts for sale.

Does anyone know of any front drive axles other than the dana 28 or dana 35?

I need to get them cut down, the go cart is 48" wide

I literally just spent 4 hours looking through ads and stuff, I need to find a better way.
Is it true that some vans have front drive axles instead of transaxles?

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...-it-costs.html
Old 04-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Post Fiend

parkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud of
Sorry,
what I need is a front axle like this guy:
http://www.justdifferentials.com/images/D44%20F.jpg

So I can shorten the tube lots.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:16 AM
Post Fiend

Well lucked out, found solid front axle, matching rear axle, transmission, transfer case, driveshafts, steering box, wheels, tires, and a slough of other odds and ends for 500$. Manual hubs too.

Best part is, it's all in great condition, and was stored indoors.
The guys toyota truck just fell in half one day ?!?! (lol)
I guess they have bad rust issues.
He was going to save all the good parts and try to build another truck, but lost interest. Everything still has paint on it, minimal rust at all. Rims look great. Funny the truck rusted in half and fell apart, and all this stuff looks great.

They look like it will be easy to cut them down to 48" wide or so for my side by side go kart.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:55 PM
Postmaster

teds74ford has a good reputation on FTE.teds74ford has a good reputation on FTE.teds74ford has a good reputation on FTE.
I guess I'm lost as to what axles you got. I was thinking Samurai axles might fit your bill.

Old truck: 74 F250 Converted 4WD sold
Some other 4 wheeled vehicles also reside in the driveway
Old 04-13-2013, 07:55 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by teds74ford View Post
I guess I'm lost as to what axles you got. I was thinking Samurai axles might fit your bill.
I got solid front and rear axles off a 1983 toyota truck.
They are 55" from hub face to hub face, and fit perfect.
Also came with a 5 sp manual, and transfer case, and all the rest of the drive train.

The solid axles will be real easy to mount.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:55 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects