Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Ok parts have arrived what else

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 10:49 PM
awillo0406
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok parts have arrived what else

OK my yellow tape arrived today!! (First Time)

Here is what is planned as of now. I have all new IC boots (old one's extremely oily), a turbo re-install kit (existing one is leaking), all new CCV O-rings (not positive if I'm just going to clean and put back or run out the back), EBP sensor tube clean/replace. I will not know if anything else is leaking until I can get the IC tubes and spider out of the way. I'm also planning on cleaning out the IC. And I'm planning on doing the foil delete.

Are there any other items I need to check and look at while I'm trying to make it last.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:41 PM
Deluxe06
4000 rounds a min
After you get the IC pipes and spider off spray the valley down really good with simple green and rinse it off real good. And watch for more leaks.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:56 PM
DND58
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Look for leaks at up pipes and turbo pedestal while your in there.

There is a fuel line that runs on the passenger side that is held by a bracket that could use some protection. Robin covers it here.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-for-e99s.html

With all that stuff out of the way, it's a great time to look under the valve covers, re-torque and 50 cent mod per Chris here.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...lve-cover.html

That's a couple easy,cheap items that may save headaches down the road. Others will be along.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:08 AM
awillo0406
Senior User
Spraying the motor down with simple green then rinsing it off might be a little hard. The only garage I have to work in is in my buddy's basement. Don't think his wife would be too happy if I ruin it.

All ready planning on pulling the turbo and pedistal and replacing everything there. Not positive EBV is leaking or not. Will check all of those items once I get it off.

How do I know if I'm leaking at the up pipes?

Also forgot to mention that I bought the S&B intake and plan on doing the zoodad at the same time.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:32 AM
awillo0406
Senior User
If i'm already under the VC should I worry with changing out the injector o-rings? Or how would I know if they where bad?

I didn't purchase a new pedistal, if the EBV is leaking should I just delete it? If so what does this intail?

Old 04-10-2013, 08:56 AM
DND58
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
If the up pipes are leaking, you will see signs of soot around the baby butt. Be aware if you remove the turbo, you may disturb the OEM seal there. See post # 9 from Ken in the attached link.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...questions.html

I don't believe I would mess with injector o-rings unless you were having some kind of problem, hard starting, ... How many miles on the truck? How's it run, smoke, power,..? Hopefuly others will chime in.

My pedestal leaked. I used a rebuild kit from Guzzle because I use the valve as exhaust brake. You can plug you pedestal or buy a non EBPV pedestal.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:07 AM
awillo0406
Senior User
My truck deffinetly has a hard start problem, but that is because the PCM sends nothing to the GPR for now I will use a momentary switch to fix.

As for the up pipes do I need to order the felpro gaskets for rehooking them to the turbo. Deffinetly can't afford to purchase bellowed up pipes now.

And my oil leak (hopefully back side of turbo) is getting worse and can't wait any longer.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:25 AM
guitarpicr
Cargo Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you doing plenumn inserts also ? I would do these also - Makes it a much tighter fit on the plenumns

Old 04-10-2013, 11:37 AM
awillo0406
Senior User
Best I can find is that no one has plenum inserts for a e99 truck only the 99.5 and ups

Old 04-10-2013, 11:45 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
yup...plenum inserts and "cabinet kit" from RiffRaff

Old 04-10-2013, 12:14 PM
awillo0406
Senior User
<table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="5"><tbody><tr><td vAlign="top" rowSpan="5" align="center"></td><td vAlign="top" align="left"><form method="post" name="FORM" action="http://www.riffraffdiesel.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?">Quantity in Basket:None
Code: RDPPRI
Price: $34.58

</form></td></tr><input name="Action" value="ADPR" type="hidden"><input name="Screen" value="PROD" type="hidden"><input name="Store_Code" value="RRD" type="hidden">only thing I can find and this is from Riffraff very last line says only for 99.5 and up

<tr><td></td></tr><tr><td vAlign="top" align="left"><table border="0"><tbody><tr><td>SS T-Bolt Clamp : </td><td vAlign="middle"><select name="Product_Attributes[1]:value"><option selected="" value="">None</option><option value="2" AttribCost="8.00" RegPrice=""> 2 Clamps +$8</option><option value="4" AttribCost="15.00" RegPrice=""> 4 Clamps +15</option><option value="None" AttribCost="0.00" RegPrice=""> None</option></select></td></tr><input name="Product_Attributes[1]:code" value="Clamps" type="hidden"><input name="Product_Attribute_Count" value="1" type="hidden"></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td vAlign="middle"><table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="4" width="300" align="right"><tbody><tr><td>
Quantity:<input name="Quantity" value="1" size="4" type="text">
</td><td>
<input border="0" alt="Add To Basket" src="graphics/00000001/justadd.gif" type="image">
</td></tr><tr><td> </td><td>
<input border="0" name="registry" align="right" src="graphics/add2registry.gif" type="image">
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td vAlign="middle" colSpan="2" align="left"></td></tr><tr><td vAlign="middle" colSpan="2" align="left"> These billet 7075 Aluminum plenum inserts are a Riffraff Diesel original design and are patent pending. They are made to allow you to clamp down as hard as needed with T-bolt clamps so that you don't have any boost leaks. Fix your bent and crushed stock plenums with our Inserts as well. This is a budget friendly option to buying full billet plenums. Easy install, no special tools needed.
These were designed so as to add the least restriction possible while providing more than adequate structure for clamping. The Plenum Inserts have been machined to within .164" of the OEM diameter so there will not be any measurable affect on EGT's or cfm flow.
These are sold in a pair.
Riffraff Diesel Performance is committed to 100% Made in the USA on this product. All materials are from USA resources. Every machining step is performed in the USA. Every component is assembled in the USA.
Fitment: 99.5-03
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Old 04-10-2013, 02:26 PM
awillo0406
Senior User
Does the valve covers have to be torqued back to a certain spec?

Also, should I go ahead and clean the IPR while i'm working on it?

And how do you drain the HPOP when changing the oil? I know the shop I used to take it too just drained the bottom side only.

Adam

Old 04-10-2013, 03:50 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Valve cover just tight, not too tight. To be technical.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:30 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
If you are that far in I'd reseal the intake plenums

Old 04-10-2013, 05:43 PM
huntke
Senior User
I just had my turbo off for a rebuld and discovered leaky uppipes after i got it off. The early 99 bellowed are $800 .... I had the money for them but couldn't justify the price for what it was. I welded up the places where the original doughnuts wore into the pipes and ground it smooth, got the oversized ones and put it back together. Was a pain getting all ligned up again, hope it lasts!

Quick Reply: Ok parts have arrived what else