Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2013, 09:21 PM
New User

rhillman75 is starting off with a positive reputation.
2005 F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel with hesitation...

I bought the 2005 F250 6.0 with 67,000 miles on it last March. It has given me gave me absolutely no problems until now. In the last 2 weeks I have had it plugged in when it was below 32 degrees outside. Otherwise, I just remote started it every morning and let it run for 20 minutes before I left. In the last 2 weeks, I have noticed the same problem whether it is morning, afternoon, or evening and it happens at different times. I will be at a standstill at a stop light, stop sign, or parked in my driveway when this occurs. Sometimes, and like I said, "sometimes", it will hesitate when I give it throttle. It will quickly respond after maybe a second, but the hesitation is still there. It only does this on occasion! I work for a Lucas Oil distributor, so in the winter I ran the "extreme diesel conditioner" through it with a tank of diesel about every other week. I also used the fuel-injector cleaner at every fill up. On "ONE" occasion, and like I said, "ONE" occasion, when it hesitated at a stoplight, I looked in the rearview mirror, and noticed a short burst of white smoke, and then it took off. It has not done that since. I took the EGR off and cleaned it and it seemed okay until 2 days later, then the same hesitation came back, but like I said, at times! I replaced the air filter and since then I have done nothing. I am now being told to check the coolant level in the resevoir. When I un-screwed the cap the cap, there was pressure in there and the fluid was about 1/4 inch low from the line. I was also told to check the filter on top of the block, but I have not gotten that far. Ford says it is the EGR cooler system and wants $2,400 to fix it if that is whats bad! I have "NO" check engine lights! Thoughts???
Old 04-09-2013, 05:03 AM
Elder User

jdw1 has a good reputation on FTE.jdw1 has a good reputation on FTE.jdw1 has a good reputation on FTE.
One more thing to check would be the FICM voltage, unless you have done this already.

Do yourself a favor and get some engine monitoring device on your truck asap and learn all the functions it has.
I am running an "Edge Insight", saved me some on the road headaches a couple of years ago in Las Vegas

Also maybe the moderators can move this to the 6.0 forum.

Good luck

THE BITTER TASTE OF POOR QUALITY LINGERS LONG AFTER THE SWEET TASTE OF LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Come on over to the 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
and post the question again. You will get a better shot at a fix.

Sean
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It

Last edited by powerstroke72; 04-09-2013 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary info.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
A tuner is not going to fix the problem.
Let see we can start with the FICM then move on to wrong filter dirty filters.
A dirty fuel filter will do this and also if he does not have the upgraded fuel
pressure regulator spring installed.

Sean

Last edited by powerstroke72; 04-09-2013 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Remove unnecessary info
Old 04-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Disgruntled Texan

texastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhillman75 View Post
Ford says it is the EGR cooler system and wants $2,400 to fix it if that is whats bad! I have "NO" check engine lights! Thoughts???
We can get you through an EGR cooler replacement for a lot less that $2,400, with better parts than OEM if that's really the root cause.

Nancy, you been going to that healer for twelve years, and you still get headaches every night.

Last edited by texastech_diesel; 04-09-2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Made relevant again :-X22
Old 04-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
Thanks guys. The unneeded "for sale" ad has been removed and I edited some of your posts since he's gone....they wouldn't make much sense otherwise.

Thanks again.
2011 F-350 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White / Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD 3.55 ELD / Gone but not forgotten.
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced / FTE Forum Guidelines

RIP Steve (Bricks) Price........Godspeed my good friend. RIP Paul / Hdslider.....you are truly missed.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Post Fiend

< sheepish grin >

Thanks John
Sean
Old 04-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
No, thank you and Bryan for pointing it out.

I appreciate you guys looking out for us in these threads and forums. We can't be everywhere all of the time so we depend on you guys to report posts, etc. when you see things.
2011 F-350 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White / Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD 3.55 ELD / Gone but not forgotten.

RIP Steve (Bricks) Price........Godspeed my good friend. RIP Paul / Hdslider.....you are truly missed.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Post Fiend

Does the have a tattletale on it?

Be an interesting idea.

Sean
Old 04-09-2013, 11:48 PM
New User

rhillman75 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Okay... that is some interesting replies. We have gone from ideas to check to "ads for sale." So is the best idea to replace the filters to start or ???
Old 04-10-2013, 12:53 AM
Disgruntled Texan

texastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputation
Start here:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/89...procedure.html

Nancy, you been going to that healer for twelve years, and you still get headaches every night.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:37 AM
Post Fiend

Ask for Rusty Axlerod. He has photos of what the right filters and caps look like.
BUT please do come over to the 6.0L Forum.

Sean
Old 04-10-2013, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Okay... that is some interesting replies. We have gone from ideas to check to "ads for sale." So is the best idea to replace the filters to start or ???
Unfortunately, someone saw your thread as an opportunity to try to sell you a used tuner. It's not allowed and the gentlemen in this thread who've been trying to help you were kind enough to point it out. Plain and simple.

The post from that person was removed.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Senior User

greentree ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.greentree ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
That blue spring that you said you ordered regulates your fuel pressure, The problems you say you are having might be fuel pressure related. I say install the blue spring and see if anything changes with you issues.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:13 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty