1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

YET ANOTHER 2013 SUPERNATIONALS THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 12:29 AM
Schuyles
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont know why everyone is so down on the show. Its a big gathering with the chance to see a lot of trucks and meet a lot of nice people! I personally like to go to the show and mix in other activities in pigeon forge/gatlinburg/the smokies. You don't have to sit in the parking lot all day....

I do wish it wasn't $10/day for spectators though....cheaper to register the truck for the weekend!

Old 04-18-2013, 10:15 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 716 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve Bennett
My Wife and I plan to arrive mid day on Thursday and stay til Sunday. After 9 years of planning and building, we wouldn't miss it. We're pre-registered there and also for the Blue Suede Cruise in Tupelo May 3, 4, & 5. Hope to meet and greet y'all there (one or both!). I'm seriously considering bringing my ez-up tent for parking lot duty though our room is walking distance right across the Little Pigeon River @ Willow Brook Lodge. Later, Steve
you driving your truck ?? love to see it if you are...

didn't know about the Blue Suede... probably can't make two extended shows in one month... off the clock off the check. pm me your cell # and we'll try to hook up Fri or Sat during the show...

you didn't mention Cruzin the Coast... going to that one???

j

Old 04-18-2013, 10:18 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
Originally Posted by tacson
John,

Nashville Goodguys is that same weekend. I probably will ride out for the day on Friday in my daily driver to pickup a few parts. If you are looking for aFTE friendly gathering spot I think HOT ROD Trucks would be a good one or Carolina Classics. Rodney or Ricky have always allowed us to meet and greet at their booths. Everyone has been wise and courteous enough to stand over out of the way so as not to disrupt business traffic for either of these guys. So who's bringing me a solid, rust free 56' drivers door??? Dont be bashful everyone... step up
Donald, you got a contact name for either ?? ought to call and ask if we can use their sign for a meet/greet... maybe sometime mid morning on Sat after everyone shows up (late sleepers)... maybe I'll see you wandering on Friday... just look for the handsome guy right ???

Old 04-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Steve Bennett
More Turbo
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
John, yes we are coming up in the '54. Our 1st trip ever in the truck after completion (??) was to Cruisin' the Coast 2012. We haven't missed it now for 10 years. I have vacation set for all of May and all of October just for car shows and cruising events. We made a trip up into Arkansas right after Cruisin' 2012 and had a blast. About 3500 (mostly) trouble-free miles on the truck now. Hey, we built it to drive it!! Looking forward to seeing your '53 on the road. As I have already said, your info on here was a lot of my inspiration to get mine on the road. If we can set up a meet and greet, count me in. Later, Steve

Old 04-18-2013, 01:29 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
Steve, I was there last year... saw some nice trucks at Bay St Louis parked right on their water front... what color is your truck ???

I'll bet this is it right ?? took this pic at the swap meet

j

Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Steve Bennett
More Turbo
That's it. We were down Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday day tripping appx. 220 miles each day. We needed to drive it to work the bugs out. Thanks for posting the picture! Steve

Old 04-18-2013, 02:54 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
I spoke to some guys at Bay St. Louis whose trucks had survived Katrina in the garage.... beautiful trucks that had been redone AGAIN one had a water line (actually oil line) mark just under the door handle... His garage door was blocked by his 80 gallon compressor that floated and landed in front of the door....... can't imagine dealing with that... here's some pics of those trucks

Attached Images   
Old 04-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Steve Bennett
More Turbo
Nice trucks! I think I met the guy with the maroon '53 @ the 2011 Cruisin'. The truck didn't have the flames then. I hope to have a little pinstriping / airbrushing done to mine but still trying to decide what I want. Steve
PS John, you should have a pm with my cell #

Old 04-19-2013, 10:36 AM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by jniolon
Donald, you got a contact name for either ?? ought to call and ask if we can use their sign for a meet/greet... maybe sometime mid morning on Sat after everyone shows up (late sleepers)... maybe I'll see you wandering on Friday... just look for the handsome guy right ???
John Sent you a pm.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:32 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
looks like change of plans for us..... been layed off for two weeks and no work in site....

gonna call tomorrow and cancel reservations... just can't see spending them money with less money coming in... so the 2013 Supernats will have to go on without us...

hate to miss it and miss meeting some of you guys... but I know all of you have seen hard times in the last few years also... hope it doesn't get worse...

yall have fun and post a butt load of pictures

something changes I'll let you know...

later
john