Well havent made much progress on the truck I took the 460 to the machine shop. Got the 302 ready to pull and picked up anothe 460 with a 2 wheel drive 4 speed. And just picked up another truck a 1994 f250 extended cab long box 4x4 7.3 idi turbo auto, speedo, the windshield washer and rear tank sending unit dont work but other wise it was clean 231,600 kms on the truck, gonna turn in into the tow truck for ***** deep, runs awsome.
Well got some more work done pulled the olde 5.0 engine transmission and transfer case as one unit Than splilt out of the truck like 1000 times easier but a lot more work gonna be worth it thou for the 460 swap.
And people thought I was crazy when I said I was gonna pull everything out as one in my backyard in the mudd. Was going to build my body lift tonight ended up helping a stranger on the side road, his maf crapped out wouldnt run, ironically truck on factory ignition still, did a tune up on the side of highway unplug maf and he could drive home. Hopefully this weekend I can get it made up, brothers picking up a sand blaster and I got air compressor free so gonna sand blast the frame instead of wire wheeling so untill that gonna do some other little things like rear bumper, body mounts, body repair, might roll cage it, if I have the time and 460 perches.
Well had the weekend off so I did some work on the truck primered the transmission and transfer case getting it ready for swapping in. And got the front 10,000lbs winch in the front stretched the cable out had 180 feet on the drum. Should run good, it runs off a pto on transmission, 18 gpm minium for operation but got a 38 gpm pump for it right now.
All the parts for the winch system pump, selector valve and tank. I do got an 1 1/4 npt filter head for it since the system orginally had no filter. Only down fall is thier has to be some form of body lift for the winch to clear the rad unfortunately but worth the huge drum it has, the winch is actully capable of 300 feet max of cable.
Well progress has bein slow but it is progress, took my spare steering box apart drill and tapped for hydroassist, and took my steering box apart and did it too. Pulled my rear tank and it some tweaking, going to move the rear tank and putting my new 17,500lbs winch where the rear tank was and have its cable go through the rear bumper onto the roller, and mount the dual batteries right beside the winch for shortest length of cable possible. Pretty well built the mounting plate and some square tubing to mount to the frame, half way done the welding on the mounting.