OT: post here your Camping pics.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 05:19 AM
91 Dually
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So far so good.
Truck runs great.
Plenty power to pull the 5er just in my economy tune.
EGTs have stayed under 1200, but havent seen any big hills yet. If she does this well when challengeda little more, I will be very happy.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:03 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good for you , Brian! Be sure and post up some pictures of the new setup.

See that's how all of this works. "I need more power to pull this camper" turns into "Since the truck tows so well, we should get a bigger camper!"

Keep on truckin' Brian!

Old 06-19-2015, 08:28 AM
mjunk1
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by fordman67
And you would ever sell that beautiful truck....
There will be other trucks....only one chance for my son to spend two years in France doing good work. Trust me, I'll be back on the forum before too long - if y'all will let me back in!

Old 06-19-2015, 12:23 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by 91 Dually
So far so good.
Truck runs great.
Plenty power to pull the 5er just in my economy tune.
EGTs have stayed under 1200, but havent seen any big hills yet. If she does this well when challengeda little more, I will be very happy.
Thats good, congrats for your rig.

Old 06-19-2015, 04:10 PM
91 Dually
Elder User

OK fellas..... here she is! 35 ft. Tip to tip........ 7 ft. Longer and 2000 pounds heavier than the old one! That ought to put the OBS to work!

Old 06-19-2015, 05:46 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd say so Brian. That's a nice looking trailer lol

Old 06-19-2015, 11:40 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Nice Brian, see you at RRE with my piece! LOL

Old 06-21-2015, 10:22 PM
91 Dually
Elder User

Just had to post one more pic of the new 5er. We just love it. The truck did a great job pulling it home with the new upgrades. No EGT problems...plenty of power. Just ran in the economy tune. Did great! No big hills to really test it out, but very pleased with the results so far

Old 06-21-2015, 11:27 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 398 Likes on 269 Posts
Dang it Brian....I'd say you are ready for rre !!!
Saawweeettt deal!!!

Old 06-22-2015, 06:30 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Great looking setup there, Brian! Good for you.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:46 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

That's to nice to park at a Walmart! LOL A few days ago I made my way thru Chicago, what a PITA. The road are horrible and one traffic jam after another. So we decide to go south a little to this campground and they said they had one spot left. We explained that it was a 35' 5th wheel and when we finally got there after beating the crap out of my outfit there wasn't anybody there! Called and they said the the office was a mile and a half down the road. No place to turn around so I cut the Geo off and barely got it turned around while my wife walked thru the campground. The spot they saved for us wasn't big enough and impossible to turn this 5er into with the trees and cars all around. Drove the Geo to the office and asked if there was another spot or even a place to 'dry camp' and they said no. We explained that we went way out of our way to get here, surely they would just let me park someplace. They said no, now I'm not anti-church but this being a church run campground I would think they could make an exception! By this time it was getting real late so we went to a Walmart. We haven't stayed at one in a long time but I use them as a back up for cases just like this!! Generators come in handy at times!

Old 06-22-2015, 08:11 AM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Talking

Originally Posted by 91 Dually

Just had to post one more pic of the new 5er. We just love it. The truck did a great job pulling it home with the new upgrades. No EGT problems...plenty of power. Just ran in the economy tune. Did great! No big hills to really test it out, but very pleased with the results so far

Sweeeeeet!!!!

Old 06-22-2015, 08:23 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

This is a campground in Saint Clair Mi that has experienced a lot of rain. I tried to back into this spot but with trees decided to pull thru into it. I knew it was wet so made a run at it. Then the lady next door said that she was told not to pull thru another site because of the buried water pipes, oooops, I hope I didn't screw them up. Never thought of that, I've pulled thru campsites hundreds of times.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:27 AM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Talking

Originally Posted by oldbird1965
This is a campground in Saint Clair Mi that has experienced a lot of rain. I tried to back into this spot but with trees decided to pull thru into it. I knew it was wet so made a run at it. Then the lady next door said that she was told not to pull thru another site because of the buried water pipes, oooops, I hope I didn't screw them up. Never thought of that, I've pulled thru campsites hundreds of times.
I dont think so, I think that the lady is overreacting. If you have pulled thru campsites hundreds of times (as I also had) and that were a fact, you will be in the FBI list of more requested people in the world.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:55 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 398 Likes on 269 Posts
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
That's to nice to park at a Walmart! LOL A few days ago I made my way thru Chicago, what a PITA. The road are horrible and one traffic jam after another. So we decide to go south a little to this campground and they said they had one spot left. We explained that it was a 35' 5th wheel and when we finally got there after beating the crap out of my outfit there wasn't anybody there! Called and they said the the office was a mile and a half down the road. No place to turn around so I cut the Geo off and barely got it turned around while my wife walked thru the campground. The spot they saved for us wasn't big enough and impossible to turn this 5er into with the trees and cars all around. Drove the Geo to the office and asked if there was another spot or even a place to 'dry camp' and they said no. We explained that we went way out of our way to get here, surely they would just let me park someplace. They said no, now I'm not anti-church but this being a church run campground I would think they could make an exception! By this time it was getting real late so we went to a Walmart. We haven't stayed at one in a long time but I use them as a back up for cases just like this!! Generators come in handy at times!
Ugg man ..i would likely have gone to jail or made a drug dealer blush...
My fuse is very short these days for stupid people!

Trust me...I will be bringing everybody's property values down with my old turd camper!

Quick Reply: OT: post here your Camping pics.