Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Smart Phone

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 07:34 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smart Phone

I am about to get an upgrade on my phone....Motorola Atrix 2. I have been reading reviews of all the newest and best (Samsung Galaxy 4, HTC One, etc...) but I really like the look and feel of the Motorola Atrix HD. I must admit that I'm a big fan of Motorola, and am used to the look/feel of the Atrix 2 which is very similar to the new HD model, so I have a bit of a bias going in.

Although the Galaxy & HTC have a little better cameras and battery life, they don't score that much higher in all the reviews I've read. Their processor is a quad 4, but that is reported as being WORSE for LTE for some reason (I'm not much of a tech guy). On top of that, I can get a real good deal on accessories if I get the HD, and the phone won't cost me anything. I'll have to fork out a MINIMUM of $100 for either the Galaxy or ONE.

Anyone got any thoughts, other than "I don't care?"

Old 05-29-2013, 11:29 AM
theologian
Postmaster
I used to have a smart phone - notice the words used to have. If a smart phone is something you want, get the best one in your eyes, because what anyone else likes is likely to the one you can't stand.

I got rid of my smart phone when I noticed that I had one hundred and thirty something apps I couldn't do without.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:57 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
I just pared down my apps from 389 (you read right) to about 50. I see ones that I just have to have, download them and then use them once or twice and never again. I am now going to be minimalist with the apps....only the ones I actually USE or NEED for work and pleasure will be staying.

But get rid of the smart phone? Nope....I use it instead of a computer for almost everything. Much easier to transport and convenient to use.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:34 PM
theologian
Postmaster
The sure do a lot of things, I just don't need that level of connect-ability from a phone - I save about three hundred dollars a month between Sissy and my phone. She has a minimal level Iphone 4, I have a common stupid phone, that does nothing but text and talk. I can't say as I have missed the smart phone in the year I have been without, so maybe I am not smart enough for a smart phone, which is quite probable, I am an old guy nowadays.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:36 PM
theologian
Postmaster
Originally Posted by macgiobuin
I just pared down my apps from 389 (you read right) to about 50. I see ones that I just have to have, download them and then use them once or twice and never again. I am now going to be minimalist with the apps....only the ones I actually USE or NEED for work and pleasure will be staying.

But get rid of the smart phone? Nope....I use it instead of a computer for almost everything. Much easier to transport and convenient to use.
How do you manage to find time to even look at 389 apps. My phone didn't have the capacity for that amount, I don't think. But I may be wrong.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:22 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
I spend a lot of time on my job sitting in my car looking and waiting.....you'd be surprised how much you can get done in 10-15 minute increments.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:53 PM
theologian
Postmaster
I used to have a job like that - it also involved getting shot at quite often.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:50 PM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
I'm clear on certain occupational hazards....