Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

April Chat / Off topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 07:41 AM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
April Chat / Off topic thread

Woohoo, I got to start it this month! LOL I guess it helps being 8 hours a head of you guys.

Anyways, doing good over here. Down to 7 weeks to go, finally getting there! Ready to get home and see the family. J signs the papers to sell the house in a lil over a week. Going to be moving most stuff to storage and a lil bit into an apt in Cabot. It is a weird feeling knowing I won't go back to my house. But is is a good feeling to know we have it sold. Still not sure when we are going to be moving out of state, waiting to hear back on some stuff.

So how are you guys doing? I see you have been having some crappy weather. It is getting warm here, we hit 90º the other day. Should be in the 100's by the time I leave.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:45 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by mudder460

So how are you guys doing? I see you have been having some crappy weather. It is getting warm here, we hit 90º the other day. Should be in the 100's by the time I leave.
Things are great around here Weather.... like I said in an earlier post, I take my days during the week, weather couldn't be much better than today Oh yeah, leave those temps over there when you come home, we'll have to deal with them soon enough

Old 04-02-2013, 07:40 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Doing good. Tired of rain.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:36 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
So my youngest daughter's birthday party was today.......and it hasn't ended. Turns out all eight of the 10 year old girls are sleeping in my living room.

Golly this is fun.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:11 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is most definitely my favorite time of the year. Tree pollen that's so high the EPA is trying to figure out a way to regulate it. And here poor ole me is making the Pharmacist MKS payment just trying to live through it.
Originally Posted by cookie88
So my youngest daughter's birthday party was today.......and it hasn't ended. Turns out all eight of the 10 year old girls are sleeping in my living room.

Golly this is fun.
Gees Scott...how does a guy get so lucky?

Old 04-14-2013, 09:36 AM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
I'm putting together a small block for my 86 F150 any body have any good parts laying around they want to get rid of PM me or Email me . I have a good short block 289 with flat tops , haven't picked a cam yet . looking for headers , 600 cfm carb what ya got ?

Old 04-14-2013, 12:58 PM
mudder460
Posting Guru
Well you guys have fun at the G2G, I dobut I will be home by them. But then again I won't know when I am leaving till it gets closer. The house is finally sold and Jackie n the girls are in an apt in Cabot now. We will be moving out of state most likely by 30 June. Now the fan part is to find a house in Fl to buy! Once we get a house....the search for another 73-79 will be on! LOL

Old 04-14-2013, 06:37 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cookie88

Golly this is fun.
Lol, I'm planning my escape already...

Originally Posted by zhilton
This is most definitely my favorite time of the year. Tree pollen that's so high the EPA is trying to figure out a way to regulate it. And here poor ole me is making the Pharmacist MKS payment just trying to live through it.Gees Scott...how does a guy get so lucky?
Isn't that nice? It's beautiful outside but I cant open the windows for the pollen. It doesn't bother me all that bad but the girls are a different story.

Originally Posted by 1996pwrstrk
I'm putting together a small block for my 86 F150 any body have any good parts laying around they want to get rid of PM me or Email me . I have a good short block 289 with flat tops , haven't picked a cam yet . looking for headers , 600 cfm carb what ya got ?
Sorry Dave I got nothing around for a sbf.. I'll keep an ear to the ground though.

Originally Posted by mudder460
Well you guys have fun at the G2G, I dobut I will be home by them. But then again I won't know when I am leaving till it gets closer. The house is finally sold and Jackie n the girls are in an apt in Cabot now. We will be moving out of state most likely by 30 June. Now the fan part is to find a house in Fl to buy! Once we get a house....the search for another 73-79 will be on! LOL
Make sure you find a place where the neighbors don't complain about old Fords in the yard!

Old 04-21-2013, 08:25 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Slow thread this month fellas.......

Old 04-21-2013, 04:12 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891
Says the guy that hasn't checked in...in quite awhile.

I don't know about the rest of the state...but with the rain fall we've gotten the last couple of weeks, the creeks & rivers are rolling. I've seen enough trees flow down the Arkansas this week to build a bonfire that would be seen from Mars!

Old 04-21-2013, 04:44 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Says the guy that hasn't checked in...in quite awhile.

I don't know about the rest of the state...but with the rain fall we've gotten the last couple of weeks, the creeks & rivers are rolling. I've seen enough trees flow down the Arkansas this week to build a bonfire that would be seen from Mars!

I know I know.... life happens.

We got quite a bit here & glad its sunny right now. What was last years garden was a swamp & still very soft. I still cant decide on what to do with my trucks.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:33 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Usually happens this time of year.. people get busy with spring stuff.

Myself included..

Old 04-23-2013, 12:41 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good AFternoon ARKANSAS!!!!

-The Great

Old 04-23-2013, 07:52 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
I know I know.... life happens.
Ditto, need to say nothing more.
What was last years garden was a swamp & still very soft.
You'd better be careful mentioning that "G" around here. My wife gets these grand schemes of what's going to get plowed under for "the project". Guess who ends up being the grunt?
I still cant decide on what to do with my trucks.
Drop a PowerStroke into 'em

Old 04-23-2013, 09:49 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
You'd better be careful mentioning that "G" around here. My wife gets these grand schemes of what's going to get plowed under for "the project". Guess who ends up being the grunt?
Same here. My wife is wanting a baby pig & cow. In other words she wants me to buy her a pet that will wind up being mine then butchered. The goats I had, I managed to sell them then the money I made I spent on fixing my riding mower. Donkeys will clear a fence line a lot better & can actually be use to work.

Drop a PowerStroke into 'em
One of them I will if I can find a motor, trans & ECM for it all.

Quick Reply: April Chat / Off topic thread