April Chat Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 06:56 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
April Chat Thread

Good Morning Everyone,

Welcome to the April Chat,
I hope you had a great easter. Man what a weekend. It started out pretty good, I got my seeds in the ground for the garden, mowed some grass and worked on the yard some. Got all the vehicles washed. Went horseback riding on Saturday afternoon, The saddle came loose, horse went right, I went left and straight to the ground on my left shoulder. It knocked the wind out of me, Don't think I broke anything but I sure am very sore.

Yesterday I worked thru the pain and got the pull cord replaced on the pressure washer, replaced the fuel line on the tiller, fixed the lights and replaced the chains on the horse trailer, put a new chain on the chain saw. It's funny now but it was not so funny yesterday trying to work on stuff with one good arm and doubling over in pain if I moved the wrong way. A little better today but it is what it is.

I pulled the truck up to the shed last night so I can finally replace the bad power steering pump. I was planning on pulling the bad one out tonight if it does not rain, not looking good for that plan.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chief, your weekend sound a lot like mine. Work at the shop Sat. morning, then pull 10 hours working a a friends conv. store Sat night. Sunday was pretty much the same. went to work at the store at 10 am and didn't get outta there til 11:30 pm. Now back at the shop at 7 this morning. Be glad when Friday gets here, plan is to leave around 9:30 or 10 am to head up to Ellijay for the weekend. Just can't decide on what route to take, 75 through Atlanta, 441 or 15 through Athens though

Old 04-01-2013, 03:42 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Yea, I have to come to work to get a break, but not today. Been busier than a one legged man at a butt kicking contest today. At least the cars and the truck washed up, the pollen was thick.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:13 AM
Pop's76
Senior User
Good Morning Everyone. It looks like we have a fine Spring weekend on the way.

It sounds like everyone's weekend was as busy as mine. I mowed the lawn, tarting organizing the shop, fired the tiller up and made my intial run on the garden. I also pull the tank on the 79 and went over it with a wire brush so I can patch the small screwdriver hole and hit it with a coat of paint once the hole is repaired.

I hope everyone has a great day.
James

Old 04-02-2013, 11:20 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Yesterday was a mildstone event!!!!

I had washed the truck saturday and parked it next to the shed. Last night I opened the hood and I pulled out the bad power steering pump. I just love this truck, 4 bolts, 2 lines and less than 5 minutes and it was out. A task I had been wanting to do since October... We are pulling the pump off the bracket now and the new pump is waiting for me at the store.

Man the engine compartment is looking really rough. I should have the new pump on tonight, I hope. The wife is having a kidney stone removed so I may have to take care of her. I will do some cleaning and stuff to the engine compartment and then I will post some after pics when I am done. Isn't it fun to juggle 30 different things at one time.

Attached Images   
Old 04-02-2013, 02:03 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Here is a little sneak peak of progress for today, so far.

Attached Images  
Old 04-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Pop's76
Senior User
"Man the engine compartment is looking really rough."

It is actually not that bad compared to most of the ones I see around here. I hope to accomplish quite a few things on my rigs this weekend. I would at least like to have the 79 running so I can drive it to the next mud bog we have. If the rains arrive early enough on Thursday I will earn a day off so maybe I can get a jump on the weekend.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:53 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
The picture makes it look alot worse than it does in person. I picked up some wire brushes yesterday while I was at the parts store so I can make the engine compartment a little more presentable. I got the P/S pump installed last night!!! It's finally a start. working on the windshield washer resevior today and need to order the control cables for the heat/ ac controls.

I finally got the call from higher HQ yesterday afternoon that I have been waiting on. It looks like I will be going to Winder one weekend a month and working up there for them. This sets me up hopefully for the full time slot up there.

I have to work on my motorhome some very soon. It runs great just some interior comsetic fixing and up grading. I have the bathroom done and in fully working order again. I may need to live it for a while if I get transfered up there full time. I will have to juggle between the truck and the motorhome for a little while.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:32 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Kool,
You hiding in the shadows???

Old 04-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
Just one more day at the shop than its off for a 3-day weekend. Hope everybody has a good one.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:57 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I love working 4- 10 hours days to get my 40 hour week and having every friday off. A 3 day weekend every weekend!!! I did not really get to work on the truck last night since it was raining. It looks like it will last all day too, good for your 4 wheelin mud loving folks !!!

Old 04-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
I do wish I had your hours. I generally work 7:30 am to 6:30 pm at my shop, then go to the store that the wife works at and help her until she closes around 10pm. It makes for some long days for me.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:34 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I know the feeling, When I am deployed in a combat zone I work 12-18 hr days, 7 days a week for over 10 months. Burn out comes on quick.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:32 AM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
HAPPY Monday to all!! Hope everyone had a GREAT weekend. The trip to Ellijay was perfect. Plans are already in the works for next year. I'll post pictures later.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:23 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Southern Bronco
HAPPY Monday to all!! Hope everyone had a GREAT weekend. The trip to Ellijay was perfect. Plans are already in the works for next year. I'll post pictures later.

You should have given me a holler, and stopped by to visit a spell. We are in Acworth, which is right near on the way. Hope you enjoyed the trip.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: April Chat Thread