Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Texas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 75Three90

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2013, 12:07 AM
Senior User

aggiect01 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Route Delivery Driver Position (dry ice) in Houston,TX

I am the owner of American Dry Ice Company in Houston,Tx and have been since my graduation from TAMU in 2001. I was in the Corps of Cadets company B-1 and currently deliver to campus every Tue/Thrus. We sell and deliver
dry ice to customers in and around the Houston area. Business is excellent and I just received 2 weeks notice from my driver/friend that has worked for me since 09. This is a very laid back job (shorts, tennis shoes, polo) but requires a significant amount of lifting (50-60 pound blocks) daily along with driving and knowledge of Houston.

-Must have or be willing to purchase a one-ton or larger truck (flatbed or box truck preferred) F350, Chevy/Dodge 3500 etc. (Rental from me is a possibility temporarily)

-Must be well groomed and polite to customers

-Must pay for own gas, commercial insurance, phone, truck (this is a contract driver position) not an employee

-Must pay your own taxes, no health insurance is provided

-Must be available to work M-F between the hours of 7-5 but these will vary and usually only require 25-35 hours a week, any extra work also pays extra (sales, emergency deliveries)

-Driver is paid per delivery and given a daily on-call pay for being available to work

-Driver may have another night job or night school

-Pay has averaged between $40-55,000 and can increase if the driver wants to find new customers or work evening/emergency deliveries

-Must submit to possible background check, drug test, and have a clean driving record

-Laid back shorts and short sleeve shirt job with set deliveries every week in the Houston area (40-60 usually) per week
2002 F550: 7.3, XL, 16ft box truck, 381K
2003 F250: 6.0,PSD,CC,2x4,SRW,Lariat, 96K
2002 Dodge 2500 ,SLT,2x4,Auto, 55K
Old 03-31-2013, 12:13 AM
Posting Guru

Texas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to behold
eh, thought this doOd was spam. still, not cool.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:23 AM
Posting Guru

Texas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to beholdTexas Chain Ring is a splendid one to behold
I'm in Houston, bro. Dairy Ashford @ I-10. What you offer, IMO, is a joke.

How can you force someone to buy a vehicle to work for you? Every company I've worked for has bought me the vehicle of my choice even as a sub contractor. I don't get it.

and your pay is a third of what delivery drivers make with benefits. I'm not clear as to how you expect to find anyone under those circumstances.

please let me know what the advantages are with you.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:27 AM
Postmaster

Snuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to behold
snuggyworm snuggyworm Snuggyworm
very interesting. funny it shows up now. lol. the worm has to use the ol' noggin. ouch, tat hurts. back to cuddling.
Ravelco, Updated HFCM Plug, ScanGauge II, Blue Spring, Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter & Intake Elbow, Updated STC, SP & DP, Upgraded FICM (6/14/12), Performance Machine Mfg EGR Delete (5/13/13), Updated Turbo Oil Line & Drainpipe, Shell ELC, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Steering Stabilizer & Front Coils, Moog Ball Joints, Magnefine P.S. Filter, Jimmi Jammers, Fumoto, Riffraff Boots, 08 Mirrors, Hellwig
Old 03-31-2013, 12:32 AM
Posting Guru

I'm not sure what you mean, my friend, but if you are willing I want to hook up bumper to bumper, your truck and mine. You good with that?
Old 03-31-2013, 12:35 AM
Posting Guru

Snuggy, let's have lunch and then a beer or ten tomorrow. I'll call tomorrow and see where you're at. Cool? Cool.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:28 AM
Postmaster

Snuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to beholdSnuggyworm is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Chain Ring View Post
Snuggy, let's have lunch and then a beer or ten tomorrow. I'll call tomorrow and see where you're at. Cool? Cool.
Thanks bro. Thanks for the offer but I got the in-laws in town. Sorry man. Maybe another time?
Old 04-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Posting Guru

Sure thing. I completely forgot it was Easter Sunday, too. Eek!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Chain Ring View Post
Sure thing. I completely forgot it was Easter Sunday, too. Eek!
no worries brother! hope ur truck is running better now!
Ravelco, Updated HFCM Plug, ScanGauge II, Blue Spring, Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter & Intake Elbow, Updated STC, SP & DP, Upgraded FICM (6/14/12), Performance Machine Mfg EGR Delete (5/13/13), Updated Turbo Oil Line & Drainpipe, Shell ELC, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Steering Stabilizer & Front Coils, Moog Ball Joints, Magnefine P.S. Filter, Jimmi Jammers, Fumoto, Riffraff Boots, 08 Mirrors, Hellwig
Old 04-01-2013, 03:31 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Texas Chapter