Color: Green
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NC
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
Color: Green
Engine: 302

1972 Ford F100

Up for sale is my 1972 Ford F100. I bought this truck in May of 2010. It's been a daily driver up until last week when I bought an SUV. I've done a lot to this truck since I've owned it. It runs and drives nice. The heat blows hot and the sliding rear glass makes sure it's cool in the hot months. It has a 302 and c4 automatic transmission. The 302 has a Holley Street Dominator intake, Edelbrock 600 4 barrel carb, and Petronix electronic ignition. It has power steering and manual drum brakes. Dual exhaust that exits on each side before the rear tire. I've driven this truck on 3 hour trips with no issues. It drives nice and handles good.

Several months after I bought it I pulled the motor. I discovered the motor was a 302 out of 1978 Lincoln Versailles. I put a new starter on it, new plugs, new plug wires, new distributor cap/rotor. I got rid of the points and put a Pertronix electronic ignition. I changed out all the fluids and put new intake gaskets, exhaust gaskets, oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets.

Several months later I pulled out the after market gauges the previous owner put in and put new stuff in. It has a temp gauge, oil pressure gauge, and voltmeter. I pulled all four drums off and put new shoes on. I also had all four drums turned. The chrome rims were rusting so I pulled them off, sand blasted them and restored them with rim paint. They've held up real nice for 2 years now.

The interior is almost brand new and looks very good. It has new carpet, new armrest, new door sill plates, and new threshold plates. The glove box liner is also brand new. It has a CD player and two speakers. One speaker in each door. I put new door seals on it also.

I had new mufflers and exhaust pipes put on about 6 months ago. I put new shocks on it a couple months ago.

Now for the body. It's a 40 year old truck so it has some issues. I started to fix the drivers door. It has new metal welded in and bondo over the weld seam. The previous owner had a hood ornament on it. I took it off and welded new metal in the hole and used bondo to cover the seam. The other primered spot on the hood was where the paint had flaked off. The other door bottom has rust. I have a replacement panel for that. Both cab corners have rust. I have replacement panels for that. The bed is in really good shape.

Parts that come with it-
Door bottom replacement panel, cab corner replacement panels, rear bumper, and window seals.

Looking for $3500 or best offer. May take trades depending on what it is.