Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why did you pick a Bronco?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 07:44 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish I could say TGM is a panty dropper.... Most of the girls around here are to hoity toity for a redneck mud rig...

Old 03-27-2013, 07:50 PM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
I wish I could say TGM is a panty dropper.... Most of the girls around here are to hoity toity for a redneck mud rig...
Yeah, I heard they like horse and buggy up yer way.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:14 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ManfredVonRichtofen
Yeah, I heard they like horse and buggy up yer way.
Not sure where you got that from, maybe the Eastern washatonians do but on the west side they like their imports and expensive cars... There are "redneck girls" that would like my truck but most are.. Well, big enough to break the chains I got hanging from the bottom of my truck... And if they happen to be, slimmer, they usually smoke like a chimney (cigarettes) and drink like an Irish man. Though they might be "fun" Not the kind of girl I want.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:15 PM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
You'll find one just like maybe one day I will. I aint hurrying. I want to fix my Bronco.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:32 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ManfredVonRichtofen
You'll find one just like maybe one day I will. I aint hurrying. I want to fix my Bronco.
I hear ya. I just ran some numbers and came with a crue result of $726.77 to fix this damn wheel issue. That includes the price of 4 new steel rims.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:46 PM
ManfredVonRichtofen
Postmaster
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
I hear ya. I just ran some numbers and came with a crue result of $726.77 to fix this damn wheel issue. That includes the price of 4 new steel rims.
Damn. Watch the lug nuts next time!!!!

Old 03-27-2013, 09:17 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
No kidding. The large part of it is the rims, 4 black steel rims for something like $450 or so... Then there is almost $300 in brake parts alone. Brake drums are crazy expensive...

Old 03-27-2013, 09:26 PM
fordbroncodave
Senior User
Here is my story on the bronco.

I just finished the 8th grade and during the summer I had a low paying job, I stashed money away and sometime in late July I bought the bronco. Carsoup was still a hot website for used vehicles and craigslist was very young and unpopulated. The tables have turned for both websites.

Anyways, I wanted an F150 but they were way more money then I had to spend. I only wanted something to work on for my first vehicle.

The bronco was listed for sale as a repairable and I was a good candidate for the job. The body was near mint (lots of dings but no rust) and the drivetrain was tapped out. I bought it and loved every minute of it. that winter I put a low mile motor in and did all the gaskets bearings and seals with a few coats of paint.

It was a good vehicle to learn to drive and mild off road. It is time for it to go, it does not fit my needs anymore so hopefully I can get someone to buy it from me. I have a little over $3k total invested in it and trying to sell for $1800.

contact me if interested. located in minnesota

Old 03-27-2013, 09:28 PM
justforkicks
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always had a hard on for fullsize broncos. I had a bronco ii for a little while. It was fun, but not enough snort. 2011 i started my bronco search, looked at many, wasnt pleased by any of them. I wanted one with a 351w. One day, one popped up for sale in my home town (a toen where if ya were to blink, ya'd miss it) and i went to check it out. Gave the guy $900 cash for it and drove it home with no power steering. 255k on it when i bought it in august 2012. 259k and hit 2 bucks, bambi, and a bird. Going onto its 5th set of tires already. I beat on it but its honestly been my second favorite rig (next to my 77 f150).

Old 03-28-2013, 09:01 PM
88LX5.0H
Senior User
Originally Posted by NewEnglander
Damn, you know I wish this forum had a like button haha
You and me both!

Old 03-29-2013, 07:39 AM
NASSTY
Cargo Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: Why did you pick a Bronco?

I've been driving Ford pickups for over 30 years and have always liked Broncos. Two of my friends have K5 Blazers and I loved how they could take the top off and cruise. So about 5 years ago I decided I needed a Bronco. So the search was on. I looked at several rustbuckets up here in the northeast. There aren't even many FSBs on the road here anymore. One day when looking on autotrader.com I ended up finding a rustfree Bronco from Hawaii and the rest is history. It was all stock when I got it. I did a 4" lift, 33's, powder coated bumpers, custom tow hooks, cowl hood, etc... It's been my daily driver for the last 5 years.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Boss351Bronco88
Senior User
Honestly, mine was one of those deals you cant pass on. My mom's co-worker's husband was selling it. He owned rental properties in Tenn. The owner of the Bronco owed back-rent. So he took it as payment. She told me it was a 2 door Ford SUV for a thousand bucks. I was kind of hesitant on it. But I figured what the heck. Me and a buddy went over. And the only ford was this dirty, black full-size Bronco. Scratches and dents here and there. it was extremely dirty from sitting for 3 plus years. Underhood was a nightmare. PO attempted a FI to Carb swap and butchered it badly. But it barely had any rust on the body, underneath was/is like new, frame still had it's paint. 351w, c6, track-lok rear, manual hubs and 4wd, power everything else, already retro fitted A/C. and 49k original miles. So even though at the time, it wasnt my favorite bodied Ford. I fell in love with it. Dragged it home with my buddies 89 F150. $800 later in parts and curse words. and converting to DS II. She fired right up. 5 min later I was testing out the posi down the street lol.
I've come to love the bricknose trucks. I have alot of time and money wrapped up in her, and Im still nowhere done.
It is a universal fun machine. off road, cruising the car shows, ripping down the strip. All year fun. Best part of mine, its fast...and the girlfriend loves it as much as I do...and she hasn't even ridden in it yet.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:59 PM
88LX5.0H
Senior User
Chicks dig Broncos, that's for sure. My Bronco is my girls favorite out of all my vehicles.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:44 AM
Fordman96
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My first bronco was my 96' XLT given to me by my dad and honestly I would rather have had a f150 or 250 of the same year just because I wanted a pick-up truck. Unfortunately since I couldn't afford to buy a pick up so I stuck with it. Within a few months though I was starting to like the truck. It was amazing, shift on the fly 4 wheel drive, removable top and the 351 could turn the 31s mud kings over without much problem. Oh and of course it was an eye catcher for the ladies around town Now I've owned it for nearly 3 years and the only thing I would trade it for would be an older bronco because they are the best truck ever made!

Old 04-03-2013, 11:19 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Fordman96
My first bronco was my 96' XLT given to me by my dad and honestly I would rather have had a f150 or 250 of the same year just because I wanted a pick-up truck. Unfortunately since I couldn't afford to buy a pick up so I stuck with it. Within a few months though I was starting to like the truck. It was amazing, shift on the fly 4 wheel drive, removable top and the 351 could turn the 31s mud kings over without much problem. Oh and of course it was an eye catcher for the ladies around town Now I've owned it for nearly 3 years and the only thing I would trade it for would be an older bronco because they are the best truck ever made!
I hear ya!

Quick Reply: Why did you pick a Bronco?