Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Junior User

Dtmaster2008 is starting off with a positive reputation.
anyone up for a rearend swap?

Well, after a long and very much anticipated moment I finally have my baby back on the road with a fresh 300 and fmx transmission. Running good and all but I encountered a very slight problem...300s were not meant to have 3.00 hi-speed rear ends backing it. Would anyone be up for a possible trade? Im looking for some thing between the ranges of 3.50 to 4.11, just would rather not have a 4.11 as the pulling is great and all but feeding the beast would be slightly more than whats needed as I do drive it daily. If anyones open just let me know as it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:12 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.
I am not doing a swap but replacing mine, found one with the springs for 300 dollars. That should get it road worthy again. The ring and pinion is worn out plus it has a bent axle. Plus my springs have seen much better days.
Join the Georgia Forum- Click Here

Old 07-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Freshman User

tfurman6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
DT, did you ever swap rear ends? I would likely be open to switching mine I think its 3.5 but would need to reconfirm. How did you switch to the 300? From what motor? I've thought about doing that as my 360 is needing rebuilt but not sure if it was too much work all things considered? Let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtmaster2008 View Post
Well, after a long and very much anticipated moment I finally have my baby back on the road with a fresh 300 and fmx transmission. Running good and all but I encountered a very slight problem...300s were not meant to have 3.00 hi-speed rear ends backing it. Would anyone be up for a possible trade? Im looking for some thing between the ranges of 3.50 to 4.11, just would rather not have a 4.11 as the pulling is great and all but feeding the beast would be slightly more than whats needed as I do drive it daily. If anyones open just let me know as it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Junior User

Dtmaster2008 is starting off with a positive reputation.
hey sorry for the long wait as ive just gotten back from military training in Columbia SC. I am still up for the swap but its gonna be on hold for a little longer than expected as my first duty station is going to be in Sembach Germany. yes the swap was not the easiest but it was not the hardest either. I used all the original parts from the 360 and if i can remember right the only things we had to change was the motor mounts by drilling in a couple new holes in the frame itself. The fan spacer had to get cut down as it would have hit the radiator if it wasnt. Along with the transmission we cut out a small section in the cab to add a floor shifter that came out of a FOrd pinto as the way it shifted the gears it was ideal for the fmx transmission setup(ie c6 park was all the way in the front, fmx park was all the way in the back) but other than that it was just a semi difficult swap especially with working minimum wage i had to watch what i spent. Any other questions just give me a holler i should get back on after a little while
Old 12-21-2013, 01:25 AM
Elder User

DeepRoots is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My project for my car:
Click the image to open in full size.

Been saving the money for nearly a year, got it all apart, just need to get home, knock it all back together and get a driveshaft built. Dunno where you are in GA but I've got a few thirds made up, 4.10's 3.25's etc. They are all early 60's cases tho so they'd need to be drilled for a fill.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:25 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter