Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Box Style Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2013, 10:44 AM
Junior User

K9sicem is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cost of painting

This may seam like a strange question and it may be hard to answer too. But here it goes with some background info first. The truck is in primer. Only a few small areas need work and then block sanded. Both the cab and bed. The bed is off the frame. The fenders and doors will need final adjustment to get the gaps right. There is no trim or other parts on the truck that will need to be removed or taped. I will put it all back together after the paint is done. I will deliver and then pick up both body parts. I am not looking for a show paint job. The truck will be satin purple. I just want it to look nice and not look like it was done in the back yard. What would a reasonable cost be to paint the truck if I supplied all the materials. I have a friend and his friend coming to look at the truck and show me his work.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:32 AM

Beechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to behold
I would swag.......$2500 plus body work (assuming $1k for materials)
Old 03-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Elder User

Damifiknow is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think if you did all the work, bought the material and paid a guy just to paint, $1000 bucks is more than fair but what about wet sanding and clear coat?
Old 03-18-2013, 05:02 PM

Beechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to behold
IMHO, I prefer a single state paint....it just looks sooo much better (although it does cost a few hours of labor for wet sanding & polishing) as compared to BC/CC where you just spray, buff & go in most cases!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:02 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks