Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2013, 12:42 PM
New User

skygrounder is starting off with a positive reputation.
2007 expedition

how do i service the transmission on a 2007 ford expedition eddie bawer?
Old 03-16-2013, 09:38 PM
New User

irishpride1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
buy the proper filter and fluid. The dealer told me there was a part number split between years in 07 and their filter was 40.00; however, I bought a 14.99 filter from autozone and compared the two and they were the exact same. The fluid was special stuff and I could only locate it at the dealer for 8.99 a qt.

on the passenger side of the trans locate a gold in color bolt, if i remember correctly it was 19mm. it side this lug bolt thing is the fill level dip stick (separate, not the same part) and I read some where that even just doing the drain then fill it was about 8qts. T bought 9 but still can't confirm this as I haven't gotten around to do it.

so locate the thing above, then drain the fluid, then remove the pan, then remove the filter, clean the magnets on the pan. then replace everything. Now for filling it up you can either run a tube down to the fill hole from above (funnel, tube, trans (make since?) and slowly fill it up, or you can use something like a motive transfer pump... once it reads "full" replace the bolt. I was told by the dealer to then start the truck and slowly shift through all gears.. like R.........N...........D..........1 and so on.. Like a 1 to 5 count all the way through and back to Park. Then climb back under the truck and check the trans level. fill as needed to top off.

also a rule of thumb would be to try and make sure the truck says as level as can be so you don't get any false fulls..

good luck.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:38 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator