Massachusetts Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: donjamer

BEWARE- 2013 F550 Cab chassis - mis-leading window sticker

Old 03-16-2013, 08:35 AM
550-owner
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEWARE- 2013 F550 Cab chassis - mis-leading window sticker

Hello to all!

Please excuse my little rant, it is condensed as there is more BS that happened during this whole process....but I would like to make everyone aware that sometimes, even though Ford Motor Company window stickers list the included equipment in black and white, don't ever "***-u-me" that you get what's listed, because the standard "included" equipment that you pay for is sometimes not so standard or included
..I bought a dealer ordered 550 xlt off the dealers lot. The next day the vehicles were then sent out to have my existing service body, plow and hitch swapped out to the new truck. Picked up the truck the following week and found it was missing some standard equipment listed on the window sticker.( the truck's interior was still wrapped in plastic on the lot when I initially looked at it, so I did not get much of a chance to check what was there and what wasn't, so I relied on the window sticker to list the goodies included with this particular vehicle)..When it was delivered and I had a chance to really check it out, I found that it was missing some equipment??? No audio jack, media hub, or Ford SYNC...the dealer said they thought it was deleted due to an additional fuel tank...I called Ford to check as I really was looking forward to using this stuff..Ford said on the first call that the stuff was there, and they were positive..they even pulled up my window sticker on their computer and verified things... but said they will see what needs to be done if the stuff was actually missing. Next day I recieve another call from them, saying that they are still checking. Third day I recieved another call from them saying, "we're very sorry, but that equipment has been deleted due to the addition of the second fuel tank"?? Huh? ..... anger time.. after hours wasted on the phone during my work days. I asked where this was reflected on the advertising/window sticker. The woman "Karen" says it is supposed to be mentioned by the dealer during the ordering process...But I didn't order it, so am I supposed to learn the ordering process first even though I want to buy something of the lot based on the window sticker, just to validate that the window sticker is not misleading? Would it not be better to just have the window sticker actually list what comes with a particular $54000+ vehicle???? hmmm?...

My only hope is that the wiring harness is standardized and I can install at least the aux input?? Ford has so far let me down 3 out of 3.
I did get quite a few, "we are very sorry sir"s from them though....
Not a happy camper.... "false advertising" "dishonest" yup!
I love the truck, just not all the BS and poor customer experience.

PS..the vehicle I traded in was an 06 cab chasis with the 6.0...at 66000 miles it developed the all too common problems with the fuel and cooling system.. HPOP, stand pipe o-rings etc... which meant lots of down time in the shop, I tried to give Ford another chance hoping they would get this one right, seeing as I love Ford Trucks.

Last edited by 550-owner; 03-16-2013 at 08:41 AM. Reason: more info
Old 03-16-2013, 08:57 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,040 Likes on 4,148 Posts
Howdy 550...welcome to FTE and the MA Chapter. Sorry about your situation...but...the dealer should have explained it to you during the sale process. Ford very clearly states in their order guide that the dual diesel fuel tanks are not available with SYNC. Why that is...I don't know. I agree with you 100% that they should have done a better job with the window sticker.

Good luck with your new truck...I'm sure you'll enjoy it.