f100today
Posting Guru
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Any updates?

Old 03-20-2014, 01:43 PM
advertbe
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just finished reading through your build and created an account here to ask how the truck is coming along. It looks amazing by the way!

Old 03-20-2014, 02:17 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
I'm afraid Area351 fell off the face of the planet. I have not seen a post from him in months. Hope he's O.K.

Old 03-20-2014, 02:25 PM
advertbe
New User
Let's hope!

Old 03-20-2014, 03:38 PM
Duggo
Freshman User
Nice project!

Old 12-16-2014, 11:02 PM
f100today
Posting Guru
Just bringing this back to see if area is still around??? Did u finish the truck Area351

Old 12-17-2014, 12:04 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Originally Posted by f100today
Just bringing this back to see if area is still around??? Did u finish the truck Area351
I contacted him a little bit ago. He sold this truck and doing something different.

"Sold the 67 and I'm building a 38 Ford truck rat rod instead."

Old 12-17-2014, 12:42 PM
crazed87bronco
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That sucks when you sell a project after so much time into it. His truck was looking good to. I'd be curious what he sold it for. Hope the new owner finishes it and maybe see them on here. I can't wait to build my rat rod I swore to myself that I wouldn't touch it until the trucks are done. I have a habit of losing interest and starting on another before one gets done. Then come back to it later on. Makes for some very long builds.....

Old 12-19-2014, 07:08 AM
bgoodwin22
Freshman User
Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="6"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset currentColor;"> Originally Posted by JEFFFAFA
I contacted him a little bit ago. He sold this truck and doing something different.

</td></tr></tbody></table>Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="6"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset currentColor;"> Originally Posted by crazed87bronco
That sucks when you sell a project after so much time into it. His truck was looking good to. I'd be curious what he sold it for. Hope the new owner finishes it and maybe see them on here. I can't wait to build my rat rod I swore to myself that I wouldn't touch it until the trucks are done. I have a habit of losing interest and starting on another before one gets done. Then come back to it later on. Makes for some very long builds.....
</td></tr></tbody></table>

That is correct, Area351 did sell the truck and it now resides in my garage in Maine. I plan on starting a new build thread once I really get working on it, and I’ll post a link here when I do. This is going to be a long term (4-5 yrs) project for me and I’m going the “resto-mod” route with it. I haven’t really done much with it since bringing it home, basically just pulled off all of the good parts and stored them in my basement and have been trying to decide what I’m going to do with everything else. My plan was to start out with all of the body work and then move on to the chassis and driveline, but I have discovered that the cab and body are a lot rougher than they appeared. So plans have changed to get the driveline together first, followed by the chassis and suspension. Once those are complete I’ll make the decision whether to try and salvage the cab and body or go in search of donors.

Right now I’m in the process of cleaning up the EFI 5.0 and5-speed so I can sell them and re-coupe some money, and I’ve also started gathering parts to build the motor that I will be using. It is now going to be a carb’d 545ci stroker based on the 460 big block and will be backed up by a built C6auto. I’m anticipating somewhere around 700hp or so on pump gas.

The crown vic IFS is rough and needs to come out and be rebuilt (bushings, ball joints, tie rods, rotors, pads, etc.) and the mounts also need to be fabricated (the frame is basically just sitting on it right now). I will also be replacing the cut coils to raise the front back up some.

The rear end is still going to be based on the 9” and will be using the cobra disc brakes as well. The big block will be putting out a lot more torque then a stock 9” can handle reliably though, so I will be doing a complete built center section along with aftermarket axles. I want to run staggered wheels (at least 11-12” in the rear) so I may go with a narrower housing as well. I need to do a little more research there but I think I will be selling this complete rear end to start with a fresh canvas. The NASCAR arms will be used for the rear suspension along with a custom panhard bar and swaybar. I plan on a small frame notch above the axle, along with boxing the frame front to rear and incorporating a “X” brace into the cross member design to help stiffen the frame. The truck is going to get a nice gloss black paint job so I don’t want everything flexing and cracking the paint.

Here is a pic of it on the way home...

Old 12-19-2014, 10:49 AM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Originally Posted by bgoodwin22
Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2> Originally Posted by JEFFFAFA

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2> Originally Posted by crazed87bronco

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That is correct, Area351 did sell the truck and it now resides in my garage in Maine. I plan on starting a new build thread once I really get working on it, and I’ll post a link here when I do. This is going to be a long term (4-5 yrs) project for me and I’m going the “resto-mod” route with it. I haven’t really done much with it since bringing it home, basically just pulled off all of the good parts and stored them in my basement and have been trying to decide what I’m going to do with everything else. My plan was to start out with all of the body work and then move on to the chassis and driveline, but I have discovered that the cab and body are a lot rougher than they appeared. So plans have changed to get the driveline together first, followed by the chassis and suspension. Once those are complete I’ll make the decision whether to try and salvage the cab and body or go in search of donors.

Right now I’m in the process of cleaning up the EFI 5.0 and5-speed so I can sell them and re-coupe some money, and I’ve also started gathering parts to build the motor that I will be using. It is now going to be a carb’d 545ci stroker based on the 460 big block and will be backed up by a built C6auto. I’m anticipating somewhere around 700hp or so on pump gas.

The crown vic IFS is rough and needs to come out and be rebuilt (bushings, ball joints, tie rods, rotors, pads, etc.) and the mounts also need to be fabricated (the frame is basically just sitting on it right now). I will also be replacing the cut coils to raise the front back up some.

The rear end is still going to be based on the 9” and will be using the cobra disc brakes as well. The big block will be putting out a lot more torque then a stock 9” can handle reliably though, so I will be doing a complete built center section along with aftermarket axles. I want to run staggered wheels (at least 11-12” in the rear) so I may go with a narrower housing as well. I need to do a little more research there but I think I will be selling this complete rear end to start with a fresh canvas. The NASCAR arms will be used for the rear suspension along with a custom panhard bar and swaybar. I plan on a small frame notch above the axle, along with boxing the frame front to rear and incorporating a “X” brace into the cross member design to help stiffen the frame. The truck is going to get a nice gloss black paint job so I don’t want everything flexing and cracking the paint.

Here is a pic of it on the way home...
WOW. I"m speechless......
1st let me say Welcome To FTE.
I think it's way cool you popped up on his thread with his ol' truck and let us know. Stan must have let you know about us. Sad to not have Stan contributing anymore but it sounds like you will be a good fit here.
Wow. This still blowing me away.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:58 AM
bgoodwin22
Freshman User
Originally Posted by JEFFFAFA
WOW. I"m speechless......
1st let me say Welcome To FTE.
I think it's way cool you popped up on his thread with his ol' truck and let us know. Stan must have let you know about us. Sad to not have Stan contributing anymore but it sounds like you will be a good fit here.
Wow. This still blowing me away.

I've actually been a member here for quite some time, joined back when I bought my 09 F150 but never really spent any time posting.
Stan never actually said anything about the forum. I happened to be browsing the net this morning for truck arm crossmember ideas, and I stumbled across his screen name and ultimately found this thread.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:03 AM
blue04.5
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking forward to your rendition of this truck. Good luck with it bgoodwin, stroker big block sounds like fun.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:33 PM
f100today
Posting Guru
Dang, sounds like the truck wasn't all that it was cracked up to be. Hope you didn't over pay for everything you say that needs to be done.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:59 PM
bgoodwin22
Freshman User
Originally Posted by f100today
Dang, sounds like the truck wasn't all that it was cracked up to be. Hope you didn't over pay for everything you say that needs to be done.
I'll be honest, after getting it home and really looking it over I was quite disappointed. I kind of screwed myself by going against my better judgment and putting a non-refundable deposit on it just going by the pics posted on Craigslist. But after traveling 6+ hrs one way to get it and having already put the deposit on it, I had to drag it home. It sucks living in Maine, these trucks are hard as hell to find.

Old 12-20-2014, 05:40 PM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
Your truck, your decisions, and your money. Good luck, and keep us in the loop amigo. Another really good build, is being done by Troz, who is a young gun, doing it at the speed of right. Makes an old fool like me, reflect on my youth, with my old rig. Glad I've still got it...

Baja

Quick Reply: Project: F'nstein