Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Transit Connect 2010+ Ford Transit Connect

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2013, 11:30 PM
Junior User

Originalchick is starting off with a positive reputation.
1948 COE - on a Transit Chassis???

Hey Guys
I've just bought a COE Truck F6 but it's just the shell of the cabin. I having it brought in to Australia shortly.
So I trying to figure out if a Tranist would due a good doner frame/chassis, as it is tall, has COE style (cab over engine), has independant front suspension. And of course, is a Ford!
It is going to be a daily driver so I want it to be really nice to drive.
Any thoughts on whether this may work or not??
See my gallery for more pics.
Thanks
Sally
Old 03-23-2013, 10:40 PM
Junior User

Roger C is starting off with a positive reputation.
Transit connect

The Transit Connect is a unibody probably not a good choice. Need to use something with a frame like a U.S. Ranger or an old Explorer or F series truck frame but the again with enough money anything is possible. I'll trade you my Ranger for your Connect
Old 03-23-2013, 11:23 PM
Junior User

Thanks Roger, but I don't have a Transit. Just trying to figure out what would be best to buy for it.

I'm thinking Ford again. Just F100 now.

Good luck with your search!
Old 03-23-2013, 11:36 PM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalchick View Post
Thanks Roger, but I don't have a Transit. Just trying to figure out what would be best to buy for it.

I'm thinking Ford again. Just F100 now.

Good luck with your search!
Sorry thought I read Transit. There is a COE nearby that is set on a F-250 4x4 can't rember which bed they used I think long bed Flareside. It's been sitting in their yard for years. Pretty cool looking. A lot of people here make them into ramp trucks for hauling matching color classic fords to car shows.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:17 AM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C View Post
Sorry thought I read Transit. There is a COE nearby that is set on a F-250 4x4 can't rember which bed they used I think long bed Flareside. It's been sitting in their yard for years. Pretty cool looking. A lot of people here make them into ramp trucks for hauling matching color classic fords to car shows.
No worries.

Wow sounds like a beast! I want to keep mine short and stumpy. I want it to be a daily driver, so need to find a great chassis to start with then look at brakes, suspension etc. Someone suggested a Chev C20 is the go, with IFS, but I'm pretty keen to keep it all Ford. So looks like maybe an early F100 (46model) might be the go. Then maybe put Mustang front end? Not sure... And needing suggestions along that line. That's why I thought Transit as it is a Ford and has IFS... But it's not getting a good reaction.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:52 AM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalchick View Post
No worries.

Wow sounds like a beast! I want to keep mine short and stumpy. I want it to be a daily driver, so need to find a great chassis to start with then look at brakes, suspension etc. Someone suggested a Chev C20 is the go, with IFS, but I'm pretty keen to keep it all Ford. So looks like maybe an early F100 (46model) might be the go. Then maybe put Mustang front end? Not sure... And needing suggestions along that line. That's why I thought Transit as it is a Ford and has IFS... But it's not getting a good reaction.
Unimog frame and suspensionwould be a nice setup. Almost a daily driver. Mustangsteve.com is doing a mid 2000's Crown Vic iFS conversion on a Sixties F100 fits almost perfectly and seems less expensive than the mustang IFS upgrade. pretty sure he uses a 2003 and up one piece aluminum front IFS.He makes it look way easier than MustangII front.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Senior User

fish-albuq is starting off with a positive reputation.
Think about a ford van. The steering will be a lot easier to work with, regular truck will take a lot more work for sure.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:40 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect